11 replies to this topic

#1 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

I very rarely write a review on products that I buy but I have to give these some love! I first saw an add for Crossbreed Holsters while watching S.W.A.T Mag on TV.. They had a short special/ demo of these ugly holsters (I believe they are one of their sponsors). I ran into one of my LEO buddies and got to talking about comfortable concealed carry options because I have bought a few dozen holsters and they all profiled or are very uncomfortable. He mentioned Crossbreed Holsters and he was wearing as we were speaking.. So I decided to give them a try.. I bought one to fit my Kimber Ultra Covert II 1911.. After waiting a few weeks the brown truck dropped off my new holster. (love that guy) At first glance I have to say this thing seems big and ugly.. It fit my gun perfect and secure. I tried it on and it seemed "okay".. I decided to wear it for a few days, even at my desk.. I have had it on for a total of 3 days now and it has molded perfect to my body. Itís so comfortable that at times I forget I'm even wearing it.. My weapon does not profile, move around or jab me at all. I know how hard it is to find an effective way to comfortably carry CCW so I wanted to share this great product. http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/ Attached File  holster.jpg   88.1KB   28 downloads

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

Does the leather make you sweat? and is it scratchy at all.. Is your gun cocked??
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#3 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:54 AM

Did you have to get larger pants to compensate for the tighter waistband?? I like to go beltless and a little loose in the waist. I found that for my crossbreed to work properly I had to have a belt and keep it snug.I do like the concealment though. I have since been carrying a Kahr PM9 in my front pocket with a Desantis Nemesis. I have been meaning to try a Desantis Superfly though as the Nemesis will sometimes print with snug pants.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#4 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

Does the leather make you sweat? and is it scratchy at all.. Is your gun cocked??

Not scratchy at all.. So far not an issue with sweating but I will know forsure this weekend.. Going to AZ for a few days and it's HOT there.. I will let you know how it does.

#5 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

Did you have to get larger pants to compensate for the tighter waistband?? I like to go beltless and a little loose in the waist. I found that for my crossbreed to work properly I had to have a belt and keep it snug.I do like the concealment though. I have since been carrying a Kahr PM9 in my front pocket with a Desantis Nemesis. I have been meaning to try a Desantis Superfly though as the Nemesis will sometimes print with snug pants.

Nope on the size up, I have been wearing the same size jeans and shorts that I usually wear. I usually wear a belt with or without wearing the holster. The belt does help keep it and my pants up. I have yet to try the holster without a belt.

#6 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

I have the SuperTuck Deluxe in Horse Hide for my Sig P220. The only holster I think that has that option. The horse hide stands up to moisture better as it is a tighter grain than cow hide - and I thought it was just cool to say my holster is made from horse hide! I like to rub it in to the horse owners I know...

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#7 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

Easy there CH, don't ya think those questions are kinda personal? :signs653wf: I thought you already had a boyfriend?? :) :smiley-funny-post-sign:I use a Galco leather holster, sometimes it will rub and leave a mark. But yes leather will "sweat" through and leave moisture on the gun.Camoghost, that's the SuperTuck w/ combat cut?

#8 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

LOL!! Well if she must know it's always..... well never mind :) Yes it is the SuperTuck Delux and I didn't go with the combat cut but I might go with that option when I order one for my Glock 29sf.. I might even spend the BIG bucks like Baja and have them kill a horse for me!!! :signs653wf:

#9 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

LMAO well you know how it is.... A man with a cocked gun is his pants is just bound to get attention... What can I say :signs653wf:
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#10 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

I've been using the Super Tuck for a year or so and find it very comfortable. I changed from the standard belt clips to the super clips as the standards would bend easily. I took some Snowseal and rubbed it into the body side of the holster to seal it against my sweat. I wear it all day in the 100 degree heat here. I even wear it when shooting rifle matches and no one has made me yet.
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#11 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

They are great holsters. I have a knock off called Bluegrass Hybrid Holster. Very comfortable, wear it with my P220 with just shorts and a t-shirt with no problem. Just buy my pants one size larger in the waist and problems solved. Can still wear those same pants with a good belt and nobody is the wiser.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#12 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:05 AM

I've got one that I use for my XD(s). I really like that I can use the same holster for either my 4" or 3" XD. It is very comfortable too.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users