Differences? Cons pros.What does everyone think
KLEVENO

#2 CHIN SQUIRREL

CHIN SQUIRREL

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Coyote hunting, trout fishing, geocaching, and exploring.

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

I think it's the same firearm.
I'd rather be fishing with my son.

#3 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:58 PM

Differences? Cons pros.What does everyone think?

Personal preference, very subtle differences. Try this comparison here: 92fs vs. m9

#4 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

what is with the 2 dot sight and the 3 dot sight. do people like it or no??
KLEVENO

#5 hunting guy

hunting guy

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

While the Beretta 92fs is a very reliable gun, my personal belief is that the Beretta is too bulky and heavy for a 9mm pistol. Its accuracy is fair, but can't equal that of a Glock or Sig Sauer that weighs much less. If I were you I would go with a Glock, Sig Sauer, or some model of a Smith & Wesson. That way you get accuracy, light weight, and reliability. True you will have to shell out some extra $, but its worth it. Just my :lol:
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

#6 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

What do u guys think about the glock 17?
KLEVENO

#7 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:08 AM

I'm a big fan of Glocks. If you are looking for a new handgun, let us know what you want the gun to do and what it's for. It's easier to answer the questions that way.

#8 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

Its mainly going to be my range gun. And whenever I go out to the desert to shoot I carry a side arm. I really like the 9mm. I just want something that is always going to shoot and has an easy way of shooting so. I can pretty much know the gun inside and out. And it should be a fun shooter.I have always heard so much about berettas. But then the PD carrys the glock 22 so that shows something.
KLEVENO

#9 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:02 PM

Its mainly going to be my range gun. And whenever I go out to the desert to shoot I carry a side arm. I really like the 9mm. I just want something that is always going to shoot and has an easy way of shooting so. I can pretty much know the gun inside and out. And it should be a fun shooter.I have always heard so much about berettas. But then the PD carrys the glock 22 so that shows something.J
KLEVENO

#10 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

I love my 92 fs. The Berettas are a bit heavy but they feel great and have a smooth recoil impulse.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#11 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

I have always heard so much about berettas. But then the PD carrys the glock 22 so that shows something.

Both guns are top notch. I think you will be happy either of the two pistols you mentioned. Don't get too hung up on what the local PD is using, their selection uses different criteria, numerous officers to fit and money.

#12 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:06 AM

Yeah that's true. I'm not sure what I'm going to pick yet. Thanks for all the help and advice
KLEVENO

#13 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

i've never shot a glock. with what is mentiond sig all the way. i have a well tuned browning hi-powerthat i would trade any day of the week for a sig. my dad has a beretta 92 that's imo way too muchbulk for 9mm. 9mm is a mild round. (unless you have small hands)
weapons are nothing but tools to be used properly. like any other tool.

#14 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

Don't like the 9mm for carry as I have seen too many people recover from being shot with it. Also, I carried a Beretta 92 when I was in the Corps and hated that handgun. Full sized handgun with a lousy round. Give me a 1911, Sig, XD, or even a Taurus any day instead! Also, the only mods I have done on my carry guns is Trijicon 3 dot night sites on them. Makes a big difference in both low light and daylight.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#15 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

Don't like the 9mm for carry as I have seen too many people recover from being shot with it......

Dang, how many people have you shot?! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#16 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

i like both 9mm and .45. 9mm gives you the "more rounds are better" idea.of course i get that with my para ordanance p-14 1911. haha.
weapons are nothing but tools to be used properly. like any other tool.

#17 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

I don't know cause I can't remember. Been around others hit as well. Love the double stack mags of the XD to equal the carry amount of a 9mm.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#18 hunting guy

hunting guy

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

I highly recomend a Glock 17 if you want 9mm. I love the Glock 30 Short Frame in .45 Auto. Its one of my favorite guns. I have an after-market lone wolf barrel on it and it shoots like a dream. It has all the accuracy of more exspensive guns. You can get it in Short Frame or regular, but there isnt THAT much difference in size, though the feel differs greatly. Anyway, you cant go wrong with a Glock or a Sig.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

#19 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

Get to a local range that rents handguns. Shoot as many as they will let you. Find the one you like/fits you best. You would be surprised at how different the accuracy and feel is of the different 9mm's out there. I did this and found I HATED the feel of Glocks but LOVED the feel and accuracy of the Springfield XD's. I have no doubt the Glocks are good/great, just not for me. SHop around and shoot everything you can get your hands on.As for the 9mm not being enough. Get yourself some home defense ammo and I think you will do fine. My thought on the 9mm is I shoot it faster and more accurate than I can my .45. I'm thinking the follow up 2nd or 3rd shot placement is more important to me than the lack of confidence in my own handling/accuracy of my .45. That is my PERSONAL reasoning for why I carry a 9 vs 45. Plus you can get some REALLY small but reliable 9mm's for CCW (such as the Kahr PM9). :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#20 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:08 PM

yeah im going tomorow to shoot and try out whatever i can :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: cant wait :)
KLEVENO

#21 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:34 PM

The 92fs and the M9 are pretty much the same weapon system. A large framed hand gun and light recoiling round means the shooter can make controlled well aimed follow up shots should they be required. Since it is a given that your round of choice is a 9mm, consider the PX4 storm. from 25 yards and in, its as accurate as the shoot has the skill to shoot. I bought one for my wife and I shoot it more than she does. While we all will agree that a .45 ACP is quite the man stopper, at the distance most civilians will encounter a violent attacker a 9mm will get the job done when loaded with ammo designed self defense. At any rate what is more important than caliber selection is becoming proficient with your weapon under less than ideal conditions when the difference between your family being harmed or not is your ability to deliver accurate controled fire against a violent attacker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users