• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:33 PM

I recently purchased a new scope for one of my Contenders. My new Burris Short Mag 4.5-14 Ballistic Plex scope sits atop my .17HMR barrel. It was nice out yesterday with very little wind maybe an occasional breeze. So I grabbed some different .17HMR ammo for a barrel and scope test. Here is the gun with the new scope on top of it.Posted ImageHere is my first target at 50 yards.Target A is my sight-in target with Hornady 17gr V-Max loads.Target B is with Hornady 20gr XTP loads after scope adjustment.Target C is the Hornady 17gr V-Max loads again after I had made the sight correction of the XTP's.Target D is CCI 17gr Hollow Points. I don't like these.Posted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 18 November 2005 - 06:20 PM

I like the grips on that TC!

Steve they're Pachmayr Grips. Actually the new Thompson grips are more form fitting. I just order a new set for my newest Contender. <_<

#3 Bill D.

Bill D.

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:40 PM

Looking good, John. I got real lucky..... the V-Max and CCI 20 gr. Game Points shoot the same POI out of my TC at 50 yards. For some reason, my TC doesn't like the Hornday XTP even though it is the same exact bullet used for the CCI Game Point. Be interesting to see if your TC will shoot the Game Points as well as the XTP and if the POI changes. Post a picture of the new grips when they arrive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users