• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:20 PM

Well, I admire your wheel guns and them big bullets. Have a couple of those myself. But, for varmints, I do like my XPs and Contenders. Posted ImageThe burgandy one is a 6MM Rem and the blue-black is a 223.Posted ImageAs shown here the Contender is a 17 AH but, it could be anything from a 17 HM2 to a 44 Mag. Using the 17 AH barrel it has tagged prairie dogs out to 289 yds. :D Posted ImageOK, one wheel gun, it's a S&W 647 17 HMR. Squirrels out to 75 yds are a lot of fun. :rolleyes: A17Shooter

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#2 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:14 PM

I dig that S&W Wheel gun:Funny Thing, I took my 14" .223 Contender to the Squirrel shoot last year.Only fired 2-3 shot's :rolleyes: Put it back in the case and used my Rifle's, I thought I would really dig it for Varmint shooting.Didn't thrill me much, Don't know why :D Sold off the barrel, will replace it with a .357 Max and 23" .223However it will be going back to Cederville next trip as a .223 Rifle.
Failure is not an OptionLincoln,Ca.

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:13 PM

Is luke Skywalker missing those yet? :) cool shooting irons you have there.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:29 PM

Is luke Skywalker missing those yet? :o cool shooting irons you have there.

Those aren't Luke's guns. I do have an officially designated "space pistol". It was named by my two daughters back in '84. It is a Wichita MK 40, with an aluminum receiver, a 13" barrel, a left hand operating bolt and a silver fiberglass stock. The caliber is .308, iron sights only. I used it for shooting Unlimited Class IHMSA Silhouette. Yes, it is a bit noisy. :lol: Gary

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 Long Distance

Long Distance

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Varmit, Deer and Pig hunting. <br /><br />Rifles: .17 HMR, .22, .223, 220 Swift, 300 WSM<br /><br />Pistols: .22, .500 S &amp; W Magnum

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:43 PM

I recently acquired a S & W 500 Magnum from the S & W Performance Center, scope on the way. Here piggy, piggy. 6 inch barrel and tuned.Posted Image

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,295 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:50 PM

Now there's something that can reach out and touch them. B)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:17 AM

Now there's something that can reach out and touch them. B)

touch them! pickum up and slam them down.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users