4 replies to this topic

#1 big jon

big jon

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:57 PM

My big brother gave me Rementon 700 in 308 its one of those police specials ,sniper type . anyway it out shoots me any day of the week. I looking to do some rloading fori it and all i have are a bunch of military surplus brass there all once fired and fairly new. so far iam able to keep em in the black at 200 yards, now i want to try my hand at long distane, my brother shoots those big 50s with his club and i want to go and not embarass him with my shooting. i need to know if the brass i have will be ok and what kind of bullet to use any advice will help thaks .... happy hunting

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:01 PM

What a good brother you have! Have you got any reloading equipment at all?I actually scored my brother a bunch of 308 brass while I was in the Navy after it went through an M-60. It (military brass) is all that he shoots now and he does well with it.

#3 big jon

big jon

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:22 PM

What a good brother you have! Have you got any reloading equipment at all?I actually scored my brother a bunch of 308 brass while I was in the Navy after it went through an M-60. It (military brass) is all that he shoots now and he does well with it.

Yes sir ive been reloading for 24 25 years now, mostly pistol, its this long distance thing kind of freaks me out. i konw all the small thinks matter and i dont want to waste my time. thanks for the reply

#4 mrkubota

mrkubota

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:firearms/shooting, flying, music:<br />http://music.download.com/stratusgospel

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:19 AM

Yes sir ive been reloading for 24 25 years now, mostly pistol, its this long distance thing kind of freaks me out. i konw all the small thinks matter and i dont want to waste my time. thanks for the reply

Jon,Get out that Varget and the digital scale I gave you! Clean, decap, trim (if needed) and sort the brass out by weight to start. Find some 168-175gr SMKs and start loading...If you shot the brass originally in your rifle, you may only have to neck size.Check the shot to shot velocity spread with the Chrony. That'll give you some idea of how consistent your loads are going.If you need a trimmer, I've got an extra one around here somewhere you can have...Here's a good webpage with some basic loading info:(the 175gr SMK in the 'LC' case is military brass load)http://www.6mmbr.com/308Win.html

#5 big jon

big jon

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:49 AM

Jon,Get out that Varget and the digital scale I gave you! Clean, decap, trim (if needed) and sort the brass out by weight to start. Find some 168-175gr SMKs and start loading...If you shot the brass originally in your rifle, you may only have to neck size.Check the shot to shot velocity spread with the Chrony. That'll give you some idea of how consistent your loads are going.If you need a trimmer, I've got an extra one around here somewhere you can have...Here's a good webpage with some basic loading info:(the 175gr SMK in the 'LC' case is military brass load)http://www.6mmbr.com/308Win.html

Thanks Ben,all the brass i have has been fied from the 700, ill get started tonight..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users