• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

We hunt Dinosaur area too.. You know how you go out of town and on the left there is that little public rest room? Last year a cow and bull were hit by a big rig, we saw it coming down on our way so Grandpa could visit the rest area... On our way back someone had already stopped and cut the bulls head off.. Right behind the ears.. I couldnt believe it.. As if they wouldnt get caught with a rack like that... We video taped a herd moving thru their last Christmas.. It was only 200+ head but we counted over 50 bulls :lol: Mostly young ones, IM hoping for the day I get to see 1000's come thru there.. I want it on video.. When they come thru there they say it can stop traffic for a couple of hours... What a site that would be..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#62 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:05 PM

This is like beating a dead horse LOL.They are all good trucks. I heard that ford owns cummins now ?.....Duramax is still better :good:

#63 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

We hunt Dinosaur area too..

What kinda of Caliber do you use when hunting Dinosaur areas? LOL ;) ;)
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#64 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

A Tank ;)
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#65 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

;) ;)
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#66 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:07 PM

...until Chevy or Dodge comes out with something with the same specs as ford using the same gears, etc as ford then Ill be impressed......Cat was talking to ford but cant produce the number of engines ford wants so now they are talking to Toyota? I think it was...

:signlol2iu: LOL, you must have COMPLETELY missed posts #26 & #30!!!
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#67 Orion

Orion

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

Heres my rig... Love to use it!Attached File  DSC0237_1_.jpg   22.65KB   10 downloads

#68 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

That's a beautiful EB Orion!
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#69 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:09 AM

Heres my rig... Love to use it!

What year is your Bronco? I have a '77, the last year they made the "Real Ones". Great hunting rigs!

#70 Orion

Orion

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

Thanks guys! It's a '72 with a 351 and a 435 transmission. She is out of service right now, awaiting a break line install and master cylinder rebuild when I get back from Montana.Jim

#71 DonArkie

DonArkie

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Owner of a company in the hunting industry

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:20 AM

my shop truck I take to outdoor shows. 1990 GMC Z-71Posted ImageMotor is 383 Stroker, All TBI, Built 700R4 Trans, Full Possi Tract rear end, Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagethe Mule & 360 PrariePosted ImageMy family / personal truck 2000 GMC Z-71 Exended CabPosted Image
"Wild Turkey possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." Col. Tom Kelly

#72 Troutman

Troutman

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

Here's my hunting vehicle. 1970 Bronco.Attached File  1.jpg   23.07KB   7 downloads

#73 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:38 PM

nice bronco
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#74 cbrazor1

cbrazor1

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:huntin shooting and wheelin

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

heres mineAttached File  1.jpg   19.28KB   7 downloads

#75 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:40 AM

Here's mine.Posted Image
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#76 tommybuilt

tommybuilt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:57 AM

Braz, you can't hunt outta that thing, it's to darn pretty.

#77 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

Braz, it's beautiful and looks like you just drove it off the showroom floor!

#78 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:53 PM

Hey Jim, it is a 2006 model.
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#79 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

Braz, I purchased my 'new' 2006 Lexus GX 470 4x4 ten days ago with 50,000 miles. It looks new but...but I have five years of $485. monthly payments!

#80 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:19 PM

50K, wow, I only have 21K on this truck, and I just bought it about 6 months ago. I was very luck in finding it too. And I dont have 5 years of $485 a month either. :roflmao3[1]:
Handmade Calls by Braz

#81 Jor64ge

Jor64ge

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Looking for info about better spots for deer hunting in So. Cal.....also looking for info about rabbit hunting so i can introduce my boys in to the hunting sport,seems to me that it would be a good idea to start with small game hunting first and then jump to deer hunting(obviously after their Hunting safety course and training @ the firing range)<br />Don't have a lot of experience,but i have been hunting deer for awhile now.<br /><br />See you @ the trails!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

Hello there!very nice rigs here!...I love my good old tank,a '02 chev 4x4 c-cab 2500 hd.....sucks gas like there's no tomorrow but it will go anywhere and back,219000 miles and still going strong..My other little all around hunting truck is my faithful old '88 toyota pickup.....love this little thing,never breaks down...I put a piece of plywood and insulation on top of it and i sleep looking at the stars sometimes when i go hunting with it.Here picks of my old and faithful rigs.See you @ the trails!Attached File  1.jpg   33.99KB   4 downloads

#82 Jor64ge

Jor64ge

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Looking for info about better spots for deer hunting in So. Cal.....also looking for info about rabbit hunting so i can introduce my boys in to the hunting sport,seems to me that it would be a good idea to start with small game hunting first and then jump to deer hunting(obviously after their Hunting safety course and training @ the firing range)<br />Don't have a lot of experience,but i have been hunting deer for awhile now.<br /><br />See you @ the trails!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

UPS....my little Toyota didn't came out(new in this forum and still learning how to post) here's my little truck anyways.Attached File  2.jpg   21.09KB   4 downloads

#83 Broncowilly

Broncowilly

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, collecting/restoring military vehicles and military firearms collecting.

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

I worked for Cummins for years and I can tell you Ford does not own Cummins. Ford, Texaco and Case Tractor bought a combined 11% of Cummins Engine Company back in the mid to late 80s. Ford wanted a portion of Cummins so they could put the B and C series engines in their medium and light heavy commercial trucks. Back in the 90s the rumors were that the F250 and F350 were going to have the option of the 6BT which was totally false. Dodge has an exclusive contract with Cummins for their 6BT series engine in the light commercial trucks like the 3/4 and one tons. I love how someone will tout GM is better, Ford is better, Dodge is better. They are all just about as good as one another. I'm partial to Cummins and have had two of them but that's only because I can work on them and they ARE easy to work on when in the very rare times they need worked on..
Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are, and I am a genius. Why you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten.

#84 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:34 AM

Here's one of my rigs.Attached File  1.jpg   23.37KB   4 downloads

#85 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:17 AM

:smiley_green_with_envy: I need a couple of those....

#86 Broncowilly

Broncowilly

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, collecting/restoring military vehicles and military firearms collecting.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

I'm glad I'm past the horse stage. I had six at one time and they can be very expensive. I sure had a lot of good times with them though.
Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are, and I am a genius. Why you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten.

#87 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:33 PM

I also have 5 mules and two other horses. This is my Bronco, 70Attached File  1.jpg   21.67KB   4 downloadsI also have a 2001 Dodge Diesel 6 speed 4x4

#88 Mutt

Mutt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:31 AM

This is my hunting rig fishing rig and daily driver.Attached File  1.jpg   26.27KB   4 downloads

If they came up with a vaccine for stupid the unemployment rate would go up - all them fine politicians would be outta work!

#89 hump

hump

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

i read this and laugh .noone can tell a chevy owner a dodge is better and vice versa with ford and dodge. everyone is stuck on what they like and nothing is going to fix it.i love suzuki samurais and have owned several and taken them were jeeps cant go and still get laughed at while driving them .ruff in the seat but they climb trees if you want .theres a place in nevada i belive that drops that nice big dodge cumins into a ford and slaps the wonderfull alison trany chevy has so you get the best of all thats out there solid axle front the true power of the cummins and the solid trany but at a base price around 60k its to much for most of us .never been impressed with the duramax the older cummins were better the 6.0 is a boat anchor not worth owning in my opinion the 7.3 was the best motor ford ever put in there trucks seen my dads 350 7.3 lug 50,000 pounds down the road .yeah i know it was not legal but it did it with out much trouble stoping took a while just my 2 cents

#90 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

You're right on the 7.3 that Ford used. I put 150K on my 2000 F350 without a problem. About a third of the milage was pulling a 15k trailer.
Handmade Calls by Braz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users