#1 hydehunter

hydehunter

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:hunting and shooting

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

ford is recalling 7.3 motors for a camshaft position sensor contact dealer with vin# for free replacement and apply for refund if you paid to have replaced previously

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:17 AM

What year trucks is this for?
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:26 AM

Ford will be recalling 1.2 million trucks, SUVs and vans due to a faulty engine sensor. The recall affects vehicles of from 1997 through 2003 that are equipped with the 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. This diesel motor actually came before the dreaded 6.0L diesel from International/Navistar that was known for its unreliability. Though also built by Navistar, the 7.3L is actually considered to be quite bulletproof. The recall, however, encompasses F-series Super Duty pickups, Excursion SUVs and E-series vans that were equipped with the 7.3L diesel. The sensor in question is the engine's camshaft position sensor. Over time the part can apparently degrade leading to engine stall, potentially causing an accident if the vehicle is moving. Ford claims it's aware of 14 accidents or instances of drivers losing control of their vehicle related to this issue, which we'd say is about 14 too many. Customers with possibly affected vehicles will be notified beginning December 17th for a free repair.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:33 AM

Wow thats alot of years... We knew about the sensor, used to just keep one handy. So I wonder when Ford will get off their butt and admit that the 6.0 head bolts SUCK? Gee lets put less headbolts per head and THEN act like we havent got a clue there is a problem with them stretching under a load and causing the head gaskets to leak, causeing warped heads etc... Gee Im sure that is a new problem they just havent heard a THING about. Head Studs fix that issue if anyone has this issue :D
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#5 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:44 AM

This is coming from the same person who praised how great & powerful the powerstroke is??? Ever wonder why Duramax & Cummins owners don't have to reinforce their engines & keep spare parts on hand? :D :D
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#6 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:50 AM

This is coming from the same person who praised how great & powerful the powerstroke is??? Ever wonder why Duramax & Cummins owners don't have to reinforce their engines & keep spare parts on hand? :D :D

Long memory there, Wes.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#7 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:01 AM

Long memory there, Wes.

It was an exception, believe me! I usually have a hard time remembering what I did 5 minutes ago. My wife will tell you I'm very "selective"... Selective hearing, selective memory, etc. :D
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#8 jim d

jim d

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:06 AM

Must be a man thing---my wife says I have the same problem.---jim d :D

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,396 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:17 AM

Not just a man thing my wife can remember everything I ever did wrong. Come to think of it I must not have ever done anything right. :D

Time waits for no one--

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,396 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

Thread edited for being too heated. :signs1180lq: Have a nice day all. :signs1180lq:

Time waits for no one--

#11 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:58 PM

Better enjoy all the diesel rigs we have now. ALL the new models have been upgraded with the latest Cal smog stuff for diesel particulites. Going to be high maintainance for the consumer. And all out -dated by 2010 when the new teir 3 emissions take effect. Going to wipe out the cal. construction companys. ( mine for sure)

#12 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

Thread edited for being too heated. :aggressive: Have a nice day all. :signs653wf:

I was just stating the facts, John. Sorry if it seemed too heated. :signlol2iu: :D

#13 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

It doesn't matter if they replace them for free or not they will still fail. I change these things constantly for people. Most of the trucks have between 75k and 100k miles some less. Some every 40k or 50k they go out. The thing is only about 30 dollars. As for the wrecks the people driving aren't paying att. is the cause of the accident.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#14 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:55 AM

What did I miss .

#15 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:10 AM

What did I miss .

That CH'S Ford truck might stall while trying to pass a Dodge or Chevy truck while trying to get out of town :signlol2iu:

#16 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:22 AM

:signlol2iu: NO Stan mine wont stall.. Mines a 6.0 Its the 7.3's with the cam sensor recall.. That means mine has head bolt problems LOL..So I might warp my heads passing a Chevy or Dodge, but it doesnt stall..

#17 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:41 PM

The only reason they stretch is because they make too much compression to use bolts. Done several upgrades and it fixes the problem. At least they don't have the injector problems and start leaking oil all over the place like the Cheeeeevies do and Cheeeeevy needs to fix all of the rattles that they have its rediculous. My wife drives an 05 and it has rattled since day one.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#18 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:44 PM

The only reason they stretch is because they make too much compression to use bolts. Done several upgrades and it fixes the problem. At least they don't have the injector problems and start leaking oil all over the place like the Cheeeeevies do and Cheeeeevy needs to fix all of the rattles that they have its rediculous. My wife drives an 05 and it has rattled since day one.

Come on everyone knows the ford 6.0 is a ticking time bomb. My freind who is a custom butcher had his let go a 100,000 miles he spent 10,000 on a new motor. What injecter problems are you talking about you must be talking about the 6.0.

#19 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,793 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

This thread was edited earlier for becoming too heated. My suggestion is that we all just refrain from posting our opinions regarding this issue. It is not going anyplace but downhill fast.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users