8 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

I bought another Game cam so I can check out more places . It has less functions and is cheaper then the moultri but it should work good enough just to see what's in the area.I put it up next to a dirt road bordering a corn field I have seen baby coon prints and coyote prints.

#2 tommybuilt

tommybuilt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:57 AM

I didn't know tasco made cameras. How much are they? I'd like to have a few more cameras myself. But I would buy cheaper ones to use in public places, in case they get stolen I wouldn't be out that much. I know some of the real cheap ones use film, and I don't want one of those. Good luck with it.

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:26 AM

This unit is 50.00 at walmart and it takes an sd card up to 8 gigs it's a small unit to takes 4 c batterys. It only takes one picture every 30 seconds.My moultri will do 3 pictures every time it's activated then sleep for a minute. I am going to check the tasco and see what kind of pictures it gets.What I do is I take the sd card stick it in my camera and use that to view the card.

#4 huntdog420

huntdog420

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

I was hoping to see the result from the tasco camera test from 9/2/10. i have seem the cameras at wallmart and thought I coulg afford 3 cameras at that price. Hope to hear the result from the field test.

#5 black_dog

black_dog

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:28 PM

I've been using a 50 dollar tasco for a couple of months and am pretty happy with it. The down side is flash is pretty weak and seems to light low in frame. I havn't been able to get date and time to print on pics and you have to take camera down to change memory card otherwise the batteries fall out. Pics are fair but nowhere as clear as the more costly cameras. When mounting on tree angle it a little bit up so flash will capture more. I use little pieces of branches to wedge under camera to get angle I want. Hope this helps. I think flash is rated 15'.

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

I do the same thing to get the angle right. One time I did not have any angle and I got no pictures but found a whole bunch of tracks in front of it. The others that have a lazer are better but costs more. I took 3oo pictures of nothing last time I checked it :roflmao3[1]: I have had my moulitri and tasco out for 2 weeks I am going to check it this weekend .I hope I find some deer on them.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,305 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

Only 300 pictures? One of mine last week took 2250+ photos in one night. I had accidentally set the sensitivity to high. :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

One of mine last week took 2250+ photos in one night. I had accidentally set the sensitivity to high. :roflmao3[1]:

All depends on what the pics are. :roflmao3[1]:

#9 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:05 PM

A trail through a patch of woods near my house looks like the loading ramp from Noah's Ark every morning when I walk my dog through there. Hoofs, paws, claws and talons all over the place! I'd love to set up a camera and see how many kinds of critters are there. Unfortunately, that trail is often used in the afternoon by the local 7th & 8th grade girls' cross-country running team. I don't want to be accused of being a dirty old man.
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users