16 replies to this topic

#1 beniflas

beniflas

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

I had been looking for a cherokee for awhile now....one of my biggest mistakes ever was selling the one I had before. Picked this up a few weeks ago , took it out for a little rabbit scouting yesterday. Taking her out tomorrow on her maiden hunting voyage.....hopefully I'll have some bloody action picsAttached File  th_1309633534_DSC01667b.jpg   64.24KB   18 downloads
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

-Jeff Cooper

#2 Single Six

Single Six

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors - Shooting, hunting, wildlife, vehicles.

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:33 AM

Cool.

#3 1984cj7

1984cj7

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

Looks killer neighbor

#4 beniflas

beniflas

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

Rabbit killer!
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

-Jeff Cooper

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:04 PM

Very nice. When are ya gonna camo it?
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#6 whatjeffhunts

whatjeffhunts

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

Very nice

Vegetables aren't food, vegetables are what food eats

#7 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

Looks like mine before I transformed it.Posted Image And here's the afterPosted Image

#8 Single Six

Single Six

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors - Shooting, hunting, wildlife, vehicles.

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

JB, where's that? I collect scrap. (and do recoveries)Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:35 PM

It's near my house in the north county, there is a ton of scrappers up there but I would bet 99% stolen and the other 1% insurance fraud.

#10 beniflas

beniflas

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

Very nice. When are ya gonna camo it?

Miight just paint it desert tan or OD green but not any real camo pattern. Might just do a three inch lift, some 31s, roof rack, light bar....keep it simple yet practical.

-Jeff Cooper

#11 beniflas

beniflas

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:19 AM

Looks like mine before I transformed it.

Nice looking rig Jawbreaker! Whats color is that in the after picture?

-Jeff Cooper

#12 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:30 AM

It's Krylon tan. The lift is a 3-1/2" rubicon express lift with new springs in the rear not spacers. They added 1-3/4" spacer in the front to level it out and I am getting ready to switch out the front with a setof 5-1/2" springs so I can get rid of the spacers. Think about the lift you want, 3"might be it but it's better to spend the money once.

#13 beniflas

beniflas

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

Rubicon Express is one of the kits I'm leaning towards....I heard they're no longer in business or going through some sort of reorganizing. Are you runnign a SYE? Did you have to mess with your track bar? Are you running 31s? Let me know if you wanna get rid of those 3.5" springs.

-Jeff Cooper

#14 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:18 AM

I went for the Skyjacker 4" lift on my old Cherokee and it provided a decent amount of lift but preserved a nice ride and good handling. No "buckboard" feel to it at all.Posted ImagePosted Image
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#15 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

Rubicon Express is one of the kits I'm leaning towards....I heard they're no longer in business or going through some sort of reorganizing. Are you runnign a SYE? Did you have to mess with your track bar? Are you running 31s? Let me know if you wanna get rid of those 3.5" springs.

They were bought by 4wheel parts and should be available by August. I will be selling the 3-1/2" spings for cheap but it may be a few weeks before I switch them out. I did run a SYE and it took care of most of the vibration I didn't replace the trac bar but will be doing that when I replace the springs. I have 31s now and may run 32s when they are finished. I also geared it with 456s.Here's the thread on the build of my jeep.http://www.californi...showtopic=15779

#16 beniflas

beniflas

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

Well I'm in no hurry to lift mine, so if you don't mind giving me a holler when you get ready to sell those springs I would appreciate it.

-Jeff Cooper

#17 edgreeson65

edgreeson65

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

go with a TNT lift when you get ready, it is problably the best lift for a cherokee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users