8 replies to this topic

#1 Slug Chucker

Slug Chucker

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:28 AM

Hi,Here's a conversion to a Savage model 10 FLP in .REM if anybody is interested (this used to be a blind box feed)It's a job I always wanted to do to this rifle but found it very hard to get any info for it on the web. This is why I'm posting the information. I'm nothing to do with any company's mentioned below and benefit in no way from this post.Posted ImagePosted ImageI have had no feed or extraction problems!The bottom metal comes jwprecision and is made by VBULLThe 10 shot AICS mag has been converted from .308 to .223REMThis is not a cheap job and should be done by a gunsmith to this rifle, but should be something if your considering building a custom rifle on a Savage action, McMillan I'm told have the stock inletting program so you can buy a new stock ready for this conversion. I still need to finish off the screws as they were a bit long and need some machining to make them flush. Cheers,Slug Chucker

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:10 AM

Looks good!

#3 Slug Chucker

Slug Chucker

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

:roflmao3[1]: it does doesn't it, thanks!It's mad nose heavy due to the bull barrel so not too good for off hand shots. I always use it in the prone position anyway. Now I know it works I'll change the crappy factory stock out for something better. Probably one of the McMillan ones, not too many to choose from as I'm left handed. It was a real buzz to get it working, the guy makes these for .308 and not .223 so it was an untested job.Cheers,Slug ChuckerI don't mean to offend anyone with my comments about the Savage factory stock but it's just that they are poorly finished injection molded crud that works just fine, I just prefer a sturdier better finished stock!

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

I am also a lefty, so I picked up on that quickly!

#5 Hutch

Hutch

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

Cool looking rifle!

#6 Slug Chucker

Slug Chucker

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

I am also a lefty, so I picked up on that quickly!

Ah! you know where I'm coming from so, there's sparse pickings out there for use lefties. Not much choice but it's getting better, hey you can even get an AR or a revolver in true left now!It never made sense to me when I was a younger man why manufacturers would ignore 10% of their possible market, I was speaking to Dieter Anschütz of Anschütz rifles in Germany years ago about the subject and it just came down to economics of retooling for a 10% production run. It's always about the money isn't it!Life's just like that, they did make left handed rifles just not the model I needed!I ended up getting one made.Cheers,Slug Chucker

#7 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

Check these guys out. I had them build a stock for a build I did not too long ago.Manners Stocks and pics of my rifle with one of their stocks.

#8 Slug Chucker

Slug Chucker

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

Thanks for the links, would they need to have the barreled action to build a stock?Cheers,Slug

#9 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

Not so long as it is a common action. But you will need to bed the action once you receive it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users