21 replies to this topic

#1 Bill D.

Bill D.

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:53 PM

Got a heck of a good deal on a new Honda Recon. Gonna miss my scooter but I need something that can take the dirt.Posted ImageFirst bloodPosted Image

#2 big jon

big jon

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:12 PM

That looks too purty to take on the dirt? How much for the scooter? :lol:

#3 Bill D.

Bill D.

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:19 AM

That looks too purty to take on the dirt? How much for the scooter? :lol:

With 3,500 miles on the scooter, the dealer told me I could sell it for $1,600. None of the dealers between Modesto and Fresno have any Ruckus scooters in stock. High gas prices have scooters in high demand. I am probably going to sell it for $1,400 since it had to have a valve job at 1,500 miles from inhaling dust.

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:20 AM

Looks like you're good to go!

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:00 AM

Nice Bill! :) Where's the swivel gun turret for that Rat Patrol look and feel? :lol:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:12 PM

3500 miles and lots of great memories. What's the total coyote count Bill? I see they have a stealth exhaust for those toys now.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:59 PM

Watch Bill's coyotes count will go down now. :) Before the coyotes were always amazed someone would be hunting from such a vehicle. :D Or they were laughing so hard their sides hurt and they couldn't run off. :lol: Now they say serious hunter approaching and will be gone before he's able to put a round out. :(

Time waits for no one--

#8 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:48 PM

You are definately moving up in the world, Bill. Next you will just have to have a SAV. :lol:

#9 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:02 PM

Nice but you should of got a red one to match your camo wind breaker :huh: verry cool toy .
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#10 Bill D.

Bill D.

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:26 PM

3500 miles and lots of great memories. What's the total coyote count Bill? I see they have a stealth exhaust for those toys now.

I have 75 images of dead coyotes for 06 on my ImageEvent page but some coyotes have 2 pictures so I am guessing around 50 for this year so far.Just got a Cabelas catalog today that had a stealth muffler for $200.......coyotes are just gonna have to get used to loud exhaust....haha! A friend put a stealth muffler on his Honda 4 x4 Rancher and it cut the noise in half.

Watch Bill's coyotes count will go down now. :lol: Before the coyotes were always amazed someone would be hunting from such a vehicle. :o Or they were laughing so hard their sides hurt and they couldn't run off. :huh: Now they say serious hunter approaching and will be gone before he's able to put a round out. :P

John - only one of the places I hunt coyotes do the workers take shots at coyotes from ATV's. The other places use ATV's but don't shoot at coyotes so the Recon may work to my advantage.....for a while. At first the coyotes weren't too spooked by my quiet scooter and it didn't take em long to learn. The ATV will save me a bunch of walking in the grassland hills but I suspect I will still have to walk 3 to 400 hundred yards from the machine to make successful setups. Getting too dang old to make those 8 mile walk-abouts!

#11 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:54 PM

We can't say that you do not work for them. That thing might be a pretty good blind in some cases.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#12 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:10 AM

We can't say that you do not work for them. That thing might be a pretty good blind in some cases.

That'd probably work pretty well. Get some camo netting to drape over it and crawl under it too with the barrel sticking out

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:16 AM

The ATV will save me a bunch of walking in the grassland hills but I suspect I will still have to walk 3 to 400 hundred yards from the machine to make successful setups. Getting too dang old to make those 8 mile walk-abouts!

That will be nice saving you the walking part. I hear the getting old thing too. With my hip and knees like they are I cringe when I have to go very far. It sure is a nice looking machine. I hope she works out well for you. :huh:

Time waits for no one--

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:55 AM

I like Honda's myself. I've owned everything from my Honda generators to Honda 90's to Honda outboards to 5 Honda automobiles. I've never had a problem with any of them. It would take something really special for me to trade-in that loyalty. :huh:

Time waits for no one--

#15 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:39 AM

Go for a ride on one of thr 4-wheelers with 4 wheel independant suspension and you might reconsider!

#16 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:47 AM

Go for a ride on one of thr 4-wheelers with 4 wheel independant suspension and you might reconsider!

Honda has 4 wheel independent suspension. :huh:

Time waits for no one--

#17 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:57 AM

LOL ... well never mind then! The last time I was looking at buying a new Honda they didn't have it yet.

#18 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:07 PM

LOL ... well never mind then! The last time I was looking at buying a new Honda they didn't have it yet.

You better look closer next time you get on something to make sure what it is you're riding on. :huh: I rode a friends NEW Honda Rincon and it had double wishbone independent front and rear. :lol: :o NICE! :P

Time waits for no one--

#19 Guest_coyoteslayer_*

Guest_coyoteslayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:34 PM

Honda has 4 wheel independent suspension. :lol:

No the Recon has front independent suspension but the rear suspension is just a swing arm with a single shock absorber plus only has 6" of ground clearance. The polaris Hawkeye has four wheel independent suspension and 8" of ground clearance. The Honda is a little cheaper but has a smaller engine I think its 229cc or close to it the Hawkeye has 299cc but about $500 more expensive. Both are great ATV's and beat the hell out of walking. Different strokes for different folks.

#20 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:18 PM

No harm, no foul. I probably could have said it was a Rincon to begin with but failed to do so. I just meant Honda has independent suspensions too. :lol:

Time waits for no one--

#21 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:32 PM

I hate too be the Fly in your soup ,but I believe your not suppose too hunt of a motor vehicle. correct me if I am wrong.

#22 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:39 PM

On private property with no public access it's legal. :lol:

Time waits for no one--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users