66 replies to this topic

#31 Crosis

Crosis

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:50 PM

Where are you? That might help, maybe someone here knows a better place near you. If you are near Bakersfield we can help.

Sorry Brentwood Ca. Fremont seems to have the only store I can find that is willing to accept lowers...

#32 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:34 PM

www.lanworldinc.comthose guys have CMMG lowers for $105Stag stripped lower for only..........$106ANDthey ship complete AR rifles to california with bullet buttoni just bought my trigger from them GOOD prices after shopping around AND THEY DONT CHARGE........TAXES, WHICH SAVED ME EVEN MORE MONEY

Those guys have good prices, it's just a damn shame they couldn't return my phone calls! I actually found a better deal on some Stag lowers somewhere else though. :roflmao3[1]:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#33 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

^^^^ Be sure and post your source once you have your deal done. That is if it isn't one of the ones we already listed. :roflmao3[1]:
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#34 du9207

du9207

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:44 PM

Those guys have good prices, it's just a damn shame they couldn't return my phone calls! I actually found a better deal on some Stag lowers somewhere else though. :pirashoot:

i called them today and they didn't respond to my call either after 2 hours of waiting i got tired :roflmao3[1]: and called again and finally someone answered. once i talk to a lady she said it's better if i just order online that way my order gets shipped tomorrow. so hopefully ill have my trigger by thursday.i was going to buy my upper from them but they said it would take 8-10 weeks, im just going to order at ten percent they have it in stock
Live Free or Die Hardxicanonaztlanca

#35 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:20 AM

^^^^ Be sure and post your source once you have your deal done. That is if it isn't one of the ones we already listed. ;)

Thing is that the person I'm buying from only has a couple left & I'm getting them, said he wasn't sure when he could get more either since everyone is becoming backordered.du9207- Shop around before you settle on 10%. Not sure about the uppers but their prices on lowers were pretty high compared to other retailers.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#36 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:23 AM

Thing is that the person I'm buying from only has a couple left & I'm getting them, said he wasn't sure when he could get more either since everyone is becoming backordered.

Backordered? Hmm. I've heard the opposite. My guy (in Colorado) has sold so many in the last month because of his EEEK sale that he can't ship them out fast enough. He gets them in large lots too...
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#37 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:04 PM

Hmm, who knows, maybe he just doesn't want to order any more? :signs165xk:

#38 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

I just finalized my order today. Four consecutive numbered Stag stripped lowers for $380, shipped. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#39 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

Great price! Glad to see guys still finding them out there.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#40 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:04 PM

From the Olympic Arms website: Now you know what a Semiautomatic Assault Weapon (SAW) is, but how do you determine what it is you have or what you can legally buy or make? What is "pre-ban?" What it all boils down to is when the GUN was built. Edward M. Owen, Jr., Chief of the Firearms Technology Branch of the BATF, has this to say:Quote:"Semiautomatic pistols and rifles assembled after September 13, 1994, and possessing two or more of the features listed in [Section 921 (a) (30), Title 18 U.S.C.] are semiautomatic assault weapons as defined. The fact that the receiver may have been manufactured prior to September 13, 1994, is immaterial to classification of a weapon as a semiautomatic assault weapon. Additionally, payment or non-payment of excise tax is also immaterial to classification of a firearm as semiautomatic assault weapon." What he is stating is, as far as pre-ban and post-ban is concerned, the date of manufacture of the receiver has nothing to do with anything. If your SAW was built into a whole SAW, or in a complete kit form, before Sept. 13, 1994 (The Date), you are the lucky owner of a pre-ban receiver. If the gun was built after this date, or if the receiver was without all of the parts to make a SAW as of The Date, then it is post-ban. Let me give you a few examples...

#41 krushem2000

krushem2000

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:08 PM

Yeah, the lowers should be good. I don't know how anyone would/should/could know what lowers were complete and what were still stripped. Unless you look in my safe. Even ordering a new upper does not mean anything, you could be replacing an old one. Does anyone remember the old days, what was the deal on uppers, etc after the last ban went into effect?

I asked a dealer (JK supply company) in Ione today about AR10 lower and he was getting couple Noveske N6 .308 from grant pass (Noveske) for $399. He said if you're interested in building your own, you would rather stockpile on your lowers and if ban goes in effect since lowers is only part registered to DOJ regardless of what parts you assemble it with. buy it before ban and you will not be affected after the ban.

#42 Crosis

Crosis

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

Found this one on Calguns.netFigured I'd add it to the list... http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=119516 <-- link to actual calguns post (if this an illegal link let me know I'll take it down)

We currently have the following lowers in stock for sale through our website at www.ddsranch.comCMMG: $119.95Double Star: $109.95Fulton FAR 308: $359.95LRB Arms: $109.95Mega Gator: $109.95Noveske N4: $185.00 (Call for Calguns pricing!!!)Noveske N6 308: $390.00 (Call for Calguns pricing!!!)POF Gen I P415: $199.95POF P415 Gen 3: $289.95POF P-308: $359.95Rock River Arms: $165.00 (Call for Calguns pricing!!!)Stag Arms: $99.95

#43 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:36 PM

They are all sold out! Everything but the Noveske 308 is gone.

#44 Crosis

Crosis

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

Sorry... I tried?

#45 Crosis

Crosis

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

Hopefully I don't fail with this listing found it today...http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=1705758&postcount=21

3 Stags 235.0015 Kaiser Defence 289.9910 Mega Gaters 250.0050 Spikes tactical w/color fill 210.00 they are shipping on Friday and should see them by mid next week. I will take pre orders, on these if interested.J and J Armory1344 E. Edinger AveSanta Ana, Ca 92705866-9-ARMORY

#46 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:36 PM

Hopefully I don't fail with this listing found it today...

Ouch! Talk about price gouging... Heard from my guy today and he is going to order some more Stag lowers. If anyone wants his contact info, PM me. The 30rd. Pmags by MagPul seem to be another item that's impossible to find. My local gun shop has about a dozen left on the shelf @ $20/each and they said they'll probably be gone by the end of tomorrow. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#47 Crosis

Crosis

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:01 AM

I'm looking for .308 mags - DPMS Compatible (POF Lower)... Picked up 2x 10rd mags from a local guy off of calguns today for $20 per, can't seem to find any shops that are local though...

#48 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:55 AM

Hopefully I don't fail with this listing found it today...http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=1705758&postcount=21

The KRAZY thing is, look at the thread that these prices are in: "High California Rifle prices Leaving you In the COLD?" http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=113784His first thread (back in August) states these prices:J and J is cooling off prices.Stag Lowers 130.00Kaiser Defense 189.99CMMG 149.99Double Star 124.95Wilson Armor Tuff 250.00 I can't believe STAG or the other MFR's are jacking the prices up THAT much.

#49 Crosis

Crosis

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:09 AM

Yeah I saw that before I posted it... sad thing is those prices are about on par with what several of us are already seeing here in the bay area...

#50 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:19 AM

I can't believe STAG or the other MFR's are jacking the prices up THAT much.

There is a good chance they will be out of business in the near future.

#51 Avo

Avo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:17 PM

Anybody interested in doing a group buy I need to get a complete lower or stripped PM or reply if interested I'm in the SFV area.

#52 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

The problem with doing a Group Buy now is there aren't ANY available to buy at cheap/reasonable prices. Everything is getting marked up. I think for most of us, we are in the standby and see what happens stage (at least as far as lowers go).If I was you (I'm assuming you don't have an AR) and you find a stripped lower for $175 or less BUY IT. The prices may come back down, but they may stay where they are or get even higher. Those of us that have multiple lowers are waiting to see how this all plays out.

#53 Avo

Avo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:32 PM

I went with Lan World complete lower with MAg for $350 shipped

#54 vertical_edge_800

vertical_edge_800

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:15 PM

anyone that bought "3" lot wanna trade one for a buncha parts?? I've got a sh*tton of AR-15 parts minus upper receivers..so... mags, buttstocks, bolt carrier groups, grips, piccitany rails, grip-bipods... any takers?im going home to alaska late december... if i cant find one before then im going to order a 5.56x45 and 7.62x51 and just have a buddy mail them to me when they show up.. stupid CA laws.AND... what exactly is an OLL... is that just a brand that has gone out of production?

#55 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,152 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:23 PM

OLL stands for Off List Lower meaning it isn't classified an assault weapon here in California.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#56 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:43 PM

CA classifies "Assault Weapons" (Rifles) four ways. 1.) By characteristics; a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle with a detachable magazine and having one of the following features; pistol grip, thumbhole stock, collapsible stock, forward pistol grip, grenade launcher or flash hider2.) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle with a detachable magazine, less than 30" long3.) A rifle chambered in 50 BMG4.) Listed by name on the Kasler list which is part of the Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons control Act (That's where OLL or Off List Lower comes from. Recievers that were not specifically listed by make and model number from this list are OLLs )
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#57 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:37 AM

^^^^ Nice breakdown Frank. :)

#58 autocrosser78

autocrosser78

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, and everything gun related.

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:16 PM

Prices are sky rocketing on these things!!! The gun store in Reedley carries some lowers I am not sure on the manufacturer but they are billet and look great!!! They rival the POF as far as quality minus the 500 dollar price tag.

#59 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:00 PM

Probably Sun-devil? Lots of folks are getting them now. Where are you seeing POF's for $500? MAYBE if they are 308 POF's, but 5.56 POF's that is waaay too high.

#60 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:14 PM

I gotta another lower... a sundevil :D $200 out the door! :signs684mh: More coming...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users