• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

Im want to get a over/under 12g. I dont want to a fortune, but I dont want a crappy gun.I found the Mossberg Silver line ($489) , but found out that they have problems with the firing pin setup.Im looking for a 28" barrel. Its mainly going to be for clays, but maybe a bird or 2..Any suggestions would be great..

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:38 PM

Last year I got a CZ Redhead Delux and I love it. It got shotgun of the year a couple years ago by Guns & Ammo and for the price you can't beat it. If I remember right, it set me back a little over $500. It came with a full set of choke tubes (C, IC, M, IM, and F) and uses benelli tubes if you want something that it didn't come with. Mine is a 26" but I'm pretty sure you can get 28s. The wood is really nice, the stock has a nice cast off for a right handed shooter, the forearm has a shnabeled tip (hard to see in the pic) the action appears to be a matte nickle finish, and the barrels are black chromed so it's pretty much weather-prof. The recoil pad is thin and has a hard plastic piece at the top so it wont catch your shirt or jacket when trying to mount the gun in a hurry. It's set up perfectly as an upland gun so a thicker pad would probably be better for shooting clays but thats an easy fix.Posted Image
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#3 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:11 AM

I was looking at that yesterday. The price is good, and it looks great, thanks for the feedback.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#4 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:49 AM

Im want to get a over/under 12g. I dont want to a fortune, but I dont want a crappy gun.I found the Mossberg Silver line ($489) , but found out that they have problems with the firing pin setup.Im looking for a 28" barrel. Its mainly going to be for clays, but maybe a bird or 2..Any suggestions would be great..

Check out the Stoegar Condor o/u which is a Benelli product. They make a 28" barrel. You can get the Supreme model for $599 and work down in price from there. The main difference is that the cheaper models have a lower grade walnut stock and have extractors instead of ejectors. I just got a 26" Supreme and took it to the range Sunday and love it. Woodog
Maricopa in the Southern San Joaquin Valley

#5 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

Check out the Stoegar Condor o/u which is a Benelli product. They make a 28" barrel. You can get the Supreme model for $599 and work down in price from there. The main difference is that the cheaper models have a lower grade walnut stock and have extractors instead of ejectors. I just got a 26" Supreme and took it to the range Sunday and love it. Woodog
Maricopa in the Southern San Joaquin Valley

#6 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:33 PM

Thanks, Ill have to go check it out, thats a good price too.. Thanks again for the info..

#7 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:37 PM

Thanks woodog. I like the look of these, and I really like the Condor Competition.Has ported barrely, and the adj, comb is cool, and the palm swell is a nice touch.Not bad for a msrp of $629 :signtripledogdare2wf:Attached File  1.jpg   4.48KB   14 downloads

#8 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:01 PM

Talk to somebody that shoots them at clay's or better yet shoot a round with one before you buy. Some of the O/U's kick like a Mule. The gun suggested looks great but before a purchase I would shoot one at the course. I've seen and heard the whining from a bunch of big tough guys about how bad their cheek, upper lip, or shoulder hurts after only a 100 shot round with their brand new shotgun. I've shot a shotgun alittle over the past 45 years and trust me try before you buy. JMHO
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

BF's right I've owned and shot some very high dollar shotguns in my time. Some were meant to look at and not shoot.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#10 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:40 AM

The fellers above me is correct. I shot a beretta silver pigeon once it had everything done to it ported back bored had a shock style butt stock. It rang my bell hit me in my check I no want it LOL I will stay with my semi auto gas gun. That is a nice looking gun Quade for the money.

#11 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:14 AM

Ya Im going to talk to a friend that shoots clays all the time. I did shoot his Perazzi, nice gun. Ive delt with kick, I took my Mossberg security shotgun out to shoot clays, it has a 20" barrel. That kicked more then all the other gun we had out that day, and it was not too bad. But I understand your point, I would rather have a easy on the shoulder gun.. Thanks again.

#12 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:43 AM

Bobby I've owned many Perazzi's and still have four, two that I hunt with. But all but one of them took special stocks and fitting to make them more pleasant to shoot. My MX8 combo used to be a cheek cutter until I was able to find the correct stock with the right amount of cast off to fit me correctly. I kept the gun because it was awesomely accurate but after a few 500 round special doubles events I looked like I had been in the ring with Mike Tyson. So until I found the right stock I had to bandage my face before shooting events. Definitely try and shoot the gun before purchasing one if at all possible. The most comfortable shooting over/unders I own and have shot are a couple of Winchester 101's and they aren't bad looking either. Have fun searching and I hope you find something to your liking without too much trouble.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#13 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:57 AM

Thats half the fun, getting to look at all the guns, talking to people and dreaming about the day I can get that gun over there. Maybe I can find a used one. I would rather have a gun that fits me and shoots good then how it looks. I would rather beat someone with a gun that looks like I ran it over, than a brand new out of the box gun. But thats just me..

#14 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

Quade I talked to a friend of mine who is a serious sporting clay's shooter. He sugested for an entry gun either Charles Daly, Winchester, or Remington that are all under a grand. He also suggested to go to the clay ranges and look around while a shoot is going on, he said that there are always used guns for sale during shoots and also check the bulletin boards. I used to subscribe to shotgun news which has a bunch of used stuff. Camanchee Hills has alot of big shoots up near Ione.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#15 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:02 AM

Thanks for all the help. :signs1180lq: Im going out to a few gun shops tomorrow, to see what fits. What I like, and mainly what my wallet can handle..

#16 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

Quade,I like cheap too, but I can't find a cheap over/under that comes up right for me. The best lower priced OU I've seen is the CZ. Check out Guntrader on line. They always have a few on their site. If you can find one, you won't go wrong.That being said, I saw in the Sac Bee sports pages today that one of the Sac gun shops has the Stoger OU on sale for under 3 bills!Truckeedan
Mountain coyotes have more fur.

#17 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:16 AM

Hopefully I can find that store... Its not that I want cheap, Shooting rilfe is my thing. Shooting trap is just to break it up a little. So I dont want to drop tons of money into it, also Im not going to compete, just go out and shoot stuff... I did see the CZ line, not bad hopefully one of them fit nicely...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users