9 replies to this topic

#1 cappy1973

cappy1973

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:37 AM

Hi all:I live about 5 min from downtown Los Angeles, and lately a small pack of 3 coyotes has been getting too comfortable in the yards of my neighbors and I...to the point of resting in our front lawns in the middle of the day, while we are home. We have pets and there are kids about, so this obviously concerns us. My neighbors have had cats go missing. The city won't do $%@@ - they don't trap anymore. So, I'm looking for advice on something non-lethal to shoo off these visitors. I do not want to cause serious injury or kill - a significant wallop would be nice. I need to be able to hit them between 10-50 yards (our properties out this way are pretty big for a city). I was thinking an airgun/air rifle. I don't want to spend a ton of money on it, but I want it to be effective.Any suggestions?From the LA Coyote Infestation...

#2 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:53 PM

Non-lethal will just bring them back. Either call animal control or talk to another member on here. Dogs on a string are a favorite snack for yotes, as well as cats on the loose.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#3 cappy1973

cappy1973

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:30 PM

The so-called Los Angeles "animal control" told me they only deal with injured animals now due to budget cuts. Government at it's best...Not sure I want to find out the LAPD response to a .22 going off, either.Open to any suggestions...

#4 sagedog

sagedog

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:59 PM

The so-called Los Angeles "animal control" told me they only deal with injured animals now

There's your answer :drool:
Press Alt+F4, it's AWESOME!

#5 packhorse9

packhorse9

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:pigs, turkey,varmints, 4 wheeling, motorcycles, classic cars. target shooting,

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:23 PM

if their being pests feed them pesticide

#6 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

A bow and arrow then call about the injured animal, maybe they can revive it. :fireworks3:
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#7 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:40 AM

How about getting a trap and then taking it to animal control?
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#8 archerjohn

archerjohn

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I BOW HUNT AND I ALSO HUNT WITH A 17 & 243 FOR PREDATORS ,PIG AND DEER

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:00 AM

paintball gun used my on some at my dads for same reason as you they never came back

#9 donkey12

donkey12

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

Paintball gun would work, im sure its not legal.A paintball is a .68 caliber ball traveling at 200 mph,40 yds would be easy.
Don't be stupid

#10 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

Oh yes, freeze the paint ball firs t then shoot it frozen that will get there mind of of wandering into your yard :fireworks3:
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users