5 replies to this topic

#1 1984cj7

1984cj7

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

ok guys, i need your help with a step by step on how to prep this meat.... thanks :harhar1[1]:

#2 Rooster707

Rooster707

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

What cuts are we talking bout here?

#3 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

First rule to my deer meat is not to over cook it. Cut off any big chunks of fat and silver skin. Roll it in flour. Spice it up the way you like your steak and fry it in a little butter or olive oil. Add some chopped up red onions, bell peppers and mushrooms first to the pan if you like them in that order so they can cook a while before adding meat. Remember rule #1 do not over cook it. Add a couple of shakes of worcestershire and a little beer or your favorite red wine if it starts to dry out and cover with lid. It will be more tender and taste better cooked medium rare. Simple and will taste good.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#4 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,728 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

Bennie hit it on the head. But left out, make some milk gravy outta the drippings, and yum!
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#5 1984cj7

1984cj7

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

Rooster: dont really know what cut it is, there is no fat at all, just pure meat .. came from Oklahoma side of town...a family member hunts up there all easy deer are everywhere, so they say.. but anyways.. let cook this Bennie: thanks, from here till sunday ur suggestions is what im going with

#6 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:43 AM

Bennie hit it on the head. But left out, make some milk gravy outta the drippings, and yum!

You are right Braz. Can't forget the gravy and mashed potatoes. Yum is right.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users