• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,803 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

A frind of mine in Missouri is really into catfishing. he loves to hunt too, but I just wanted to share his most recent catfishing adventure. Here is the story in his own words. This was on May10. for size reference, my friend holdinig the fish is 6-7 and 300.AHHHHH!!!!!!! THE FREAKING ULTIMATE FRESHWATER PREDATOR FISH!!!!!YES, I kept the channel in its mouth for the final weight of 66 pounds!!!!!THIS is why you use an 18" dropper on your line! The channel cat tried to take my big flathead green sunfish bait, and this MONSTER flathead was NOT happy about it!!!!! He took the channel head-first! The channel was hooked in the side of the mouth on my big ol' 8/0 hook, and then it had the flathead hooked in the ACTUAL ORGAN stomach.I had to GAFF The channel to get it out of the flathead! And no......I did NOT bring the channel home to eat. It was a 26" channel cat.VincePosted ImagePosted ImageThis post if from May 10 also.Caught a couple more today too!42 and 49. Talk about a BEAUTIFUL yella cat!!!!VinceI've also got to add, the 49 and 66.......both males......came out of a spot the size of a small living room one night from each other.In that liviing room sized spot in the last 3 years, we have taken.....in 11 nights of fishing........ 44, 46, 47, 48, 51, 70, 66, 49. That's 8 fish for 421 POUNDS!I'd say our odds are, we'll catch another one there tonight!!!!VincePosted ImageAnd in case you are interested, here is his post from today.Had another fish in 'the hole' this morning. 39 pounder.Caught a 39 and a 26 today. We're pulled out for a couple break days now.I keep threating to go back just to fish with him.

#2 True2ThySelf

True2ThySelf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Geeze, those are some monster fish!

#3 Tuolumne85

Tuolumne85

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

Good lord that yellow sucker is crazy looking I have never even heard of that kinda fish

#4 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Good lord that yellow sucker is crazy looking I have never even heard of that kinda fish

What you're not seeing is the nuclear reactor plant in the background on the left, just out of the frame of the picture that makes them that color :smiley-outta-here:A fish that color almost deserves a third eye :lol:And that must have been one heck of a good time reeling those big boys in. Bet them guys are eating good for the next couple weeks :sport037fn4:

#5 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

Very nice,I also have a friend in St.Louis that catches big cats.I can't find the pictures of the big one, but here is a smaller one.Tom

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users