6 replies to this topic

#1 cliff

cliff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

Condors are really cool vultures. Lead bullets are apparently guessitimated as not Condor friendly. Brass or copper may be the next logical step toward bird friendly bullets. .22 Rimfire long rife bullets have yet to become lead-free, as is the case with air-propelled pellets. Gamo 5.1 grain Raptors in .177 caliber are riccocetting nightmares, so those are definately OUT. Copper seems the next logical step in death-dealing game-getters with small diameter fare. I expect Barnes to jump on this marketing opportunity. I take copper pills as a medicine, so I hope copper is good for Condor consumption also. Cliff

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

There is already a non lead Tin pellet for sale.Attached File  1.jpg   26.71KB   16 downloads

#3 Hot Brass

Hot Brass

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:09 PM

I thought that I read that airguns did not get on the lead ban?

#4 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:00 AM

I went to Bass Pro Shops yesterday. Turns out Lapua is coming out with a .22LR lead free bullet by the end of this year! Woo Hoo!Darren

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:35 AM

I thought that I read that airguns did not get on the lead ban?

Pellets aren't on the lead ban list. But at Tejon Ranch everything is lead free or the highway. So we have a choice at least.

#6 cliff

cliff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:15 PM

I looked for 106 Octane Leaded Gas today: my '69 Nova SS with 396 W-block loves the stuff. I ended-up with 92 octane panther pee, that managed to limp my 375 hp dynamo back to its garage. When lead bullets are banned, where will I find 92 octane non-leaded hunting fare?

#7 moontiger

moontiger

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I am a tattoo artist , and a navy vet, my kids and my wife are my world . I am just now getting back into hunting , but have been an avid shooter all my life.

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:15 AM

I am sure they will come up with a .22lr that is not lead , it will cost $29.95 for a box of 20 and have its own cool little message about the environment and the lead free America. My kids and I can save up for a few months to go zero in the new .22lr, I guess the days of shooting cans off a fence ALL DAY LONG for next to nothing are over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users