5 replies to this topic

#1 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

Caught a LOT of fish this weekend at KNOT CR. here is a pic. of a tiger sorry for quality don"t like opening the camera up in the float tube bad things can happen. did call in some coyotes as well but no pics.long dam drive but worth it ..Posted Image

#2 theseacow

theseacow

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:hunting big game, predators, birds and varmints. fishing.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

thats pretty cool

#3 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

I have been to a goat roping, a Mexican rodeo, ( Maybe it was a Mexican goat roping) and been around the world 7 times.... and I have NEVER heard of a Tiger fish! What is it?

#4 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

I have been to a goat roping, a Mexican rodeo, ( Maybe it was a Mexican goat roping) and been around the world 7 times.... and I have NEVER heard of a Tiger fish! What is it?

If it's the same thing I've seen, it's called a Tiger Trout. My father worked (and for a while lived) at Mt. Whitney Fish Hatchery. They would "create" them there, but I do believe it was actually Black Rock Fish Hatchery where they kept them. They are a hybrid, but unlike a Prius (and most their owners), these hybrids are ok. It's a cross between a Brookie and a Brown Trout. And YES, they do fight!!! The purpose of them was to control the Golden Trout population in the basin lakes up in the Sierras. The Golden's were overpopulating which was causing a less healthy stock of fish. Since the Tiger Trout can not reproduce, they would put a few in the overpopulated lake and let it "thin the herd", as we say, until they eventually died off. Quite ingenious actually. Another day, when I have a bit more time, I'll have to tell you about fearless Viet Nam Vet that plants them by plane!!! BIG ONES HE HAS!

#5 AmadorJames

AmadorJames

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Traveling, Hiking, and just bettering myself in general.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

I have heard of Tigers but never fished for em' heard they grow fast and fight hard. Probably ultra aggressive and a lot of fun to catch!

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

Cool looking trout . Now I want to go fishing.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users