• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 moontiger

moontiger

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I am a tattoo artist , and a navy vet, my kids and my wife are my world . I am just now getting back into hunting , but have been an avid shooter all my life.

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:36 PM

well this was a cheap and dirty quick job on my savage model 987and my daughter Marlin model 60 :roflmao3[1]:Attached File  1.jpg   10.84KB   39 downloadsthis took about 20 mins and $6 in paint from the surplus store
There is room for all of Gods creatures...............Right next to my mashed potatos.PETA People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

#2 goldenarrow

goldenarrow

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:07 AM

Posted Imagethis is my new Howa .204

#3 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:32 AM

Very nice, I like it.

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:06 PM

Heres My Howa 223 .Attached File  1.jpg   16.2KB   33 downloads
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:31 PM

Very cool TD!!
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#6 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 25 December 2007 - 09:20 PM

223, 708, 2506Attached File  1.jpg   35.73KB   26 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   25.21KB   34 downloadsAttached File  3.jpg   34.95KB   31 downloads
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#7 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 25 December 2007 - 10:24 PM

Peeker, that last picture is brutal. I like it!!! :good:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#8 keale73

keale73

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:26 AM

Here's my Mossberg 500 that i've had forever and my Rem700 that I have had forever too. I just rattlecan them to knock down the glare!Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:52 PM

:653: :roflmao3[1]: :653: You for got to paint your toes :roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]: There shiny
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#10 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:21 PM

Peeker, that last picture is brutal. I like it!!! :smiley_kewlpics:

I was thinking the same thing... :roflmao3[1]:

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#11 keale73

keale73

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:38 PM

:smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: I only wear shoes to hunt and for work. I never noticed until I had already posted! :smiley_kewlpics:

#12 Renval

Renval

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:46 PM

this is what i did with them, i didnt try on the centerfires :two-cents: Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,312 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:50 PM

Very nice!

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#14 Renval

Renval

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:10 PM

THX John

#15 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:17 PM

Those look great .
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#16 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:19 PM

Fly Swatter.Attached File  1.jpg   10.99KB   26 downloadsFern and Pine. Attached File  2.jpg   13.74KB   31 downloads

#17 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:21 AM

this is what i did with them, i didnt try on the centerfires :roflmao3[1]: Posted Image

Ok, what made the honeycomb pattern it looks so uniform?

#18 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:19 AM

Those are some great looking paint jobs. When you paint them up do you mask the actions, bolts, etc.? What about the variable scopes? Any concerns or problems with them getting mucked u pwith paint?Just wondering what you do to protect the moving parts. I want to do my mini-14.
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#19 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:46 AM

Since we are putting them all in one place, here are the ones I have done in the past year.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#20 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:51 AM

Those are some great looking paint jobs. When you paint them up do you mask the actions, bolts, etc.? What about the variable scopes? Any concerns or problems with them getting mucked u pwith paint?Just wondering what you do to protect the moving parts. I want to do my mini-14.

I pretty much paint everything except for scope lenses and markings. As for it mucking up the udjusting on scopes, I haven't had any problems. You use light coats, just enough to fully cover what your painting.Remember, if you are using rattle can paint (I HIGHLY recommend the Krylon Fusion Camouflage at Wal-mart), you can always remove it later with gunscrubber, carb cleaner etc. So, if your bolt isn't as smooth as it used to be, pull the bolt and clean off the paint.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#21 Renval

Renval

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:37 PM

Ok, what made the honeycomb pattern it looks so uniform?

I used my wifes pantyhose :welcomeani: just kidding i used a fishing net, masking tape for the parts that u dont want to paint and spray paint, i lot of work u have to take it apart and paint every piece, but i like the results, those r variable scopes and they r working fine.

#22 Butcher45

Butcher45

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:53 PM

Nice work, guys! I understand there is a rattle-can "flat" clear coat that can be used to protect the finish, and remove any glare at the same time. Anyone use that stuff?

#23 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:18 PM

I haven't. Only local stuff I have seen ends up adding a SATIN finish to it which is shinier than the flat camo. I don't have the patience to order paint online. :hellohello9il:

#24 grunt

grunt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:30 PM

Here are a few rifles of mine I recently decided to give a Krylon facelift. Sorry if the photos aren't the best.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

#25 grunt

grunt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:35 PM

Nice work, guys! I understand there is a rattle-can "flat" clear coat that can be used to protect the finish, and remove any glare at the same time. Anyone use that stuff?

If anyone know of such a product I would love a link. Repainting is a breeze and alot of fun, but it would be nice to be able to save/protect a sweet camo job. I love some of those shotguns pictured above. You have some sweet paterns going there wannakillacoyote.....who i will refer to from now on as WKC.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

#26 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

My scattergunPosted Imageand my 25-06Posted Image
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#27 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

If anyone know of such a product I would love a link. Repainting is a breeze and alot of fun, but it would be nice to be able to save/protect a sweet camo job. I love some of those shotguns pictured above. You have some sweet paterns going there wannakillacoyote.....who i will refer to from now on as WKC.

Haha, I do have quite a long handle. :hellohello9il: I think I remember duplicolor or maybe some brand at Brownells having an Ultra flat clear paint. I can't find it now.I don't worry about it though as all of my rigs are for hunting so if the camo job gets messed up, it really doesn't affect anything.

#28 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:11 PM

Posted Imageand my 25-06

Man I love those broom jobs. I'm gonna have to go buy a broom before I paint my next one. :roflmao3[1]: I think the Kel-tec is destined for a Broom job. :hellohello9il:

#29 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:36 AM

I'm partial to the broom jobs too. I was wondering what was used to get that pattern. What is the specific process?I assume you paint the whole rifle with a base of the lighter color and they splay/spread the broom bristles or whatever pattern you're using and spray the different colors to break it up.
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#30 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:38 AM

^^^ Yep, pretty much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users