9 replies to this topic

#1 forestfolk2u

forestfolk2u

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:53 PM

Recived my new Western Rivers MP-3 Caller two days ago, went out with it this morning for the first time amazing piece of equipment, started out in the hills not far my home walking along one of the trails used by horse riders used a Knight and Hale Howler to try and locate no luck with that...continued walking until I found a spot where there was a rise above a clearing / meadow,found a good set up in some Manzanita with a large Cedar behind me ( like having something at my back when alone ). I set the caller out about 85 yds and set it up to play the Cotton Tail Distress call and used the remote to crank it up, I done this three times with about five minute in between calling nothing I switched over using the Woodpecker distress call still nothing been about 20 minute now I was thinking of leaving when I noticed a slight movement in the brush at the base of the clearing put the binoculars on it and sure enough not one but two of them heading towards the call through the brush...had my 25-06 with me but the trail had a bend in and I could see that their were riders on horse back coming so I just watched as the dogs picked them up and took off. I know where they are and time permitting in the A.M. tomorrow will go back and try again. First time for me with a electronic caller I'm going to really enjoy it. Just wanted to share with you all. Is there a spell check on here that I'm missing ?

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 11:06 PM

Ever make it back there?

#3 forestfolk2u

forestfolk2u

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 07:35 PM

Ever make it back there?

[size=7] Been back 4 times twice in the A.M. and twice in the P.M. no luck haven't been able to call them up again. Ken :lol:

#4 FIRST TIMER

FIRST TIMER

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE TO HUNT. IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I HAVE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEBSITE. I NEED TO GET BACK OUT IN THE FEILD AND PUT SOME ROUNDS DOWN RANGE. HUNTERS RULE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:17 PM

I just got the same MP3 caller you have and I am having trouble getting the remote to work. Any suggestions on how to get it working?

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:21 PM

I just got the same MP3 caller you have and I am having trouble getting the remote to work. Any suggestions on how to get it working?

Have you checked the remote battery? Radio Shack carries them. If you have a GM with remote door locks it should be the same battery so you can test that.If the battery isn't an issue call Western Rivers.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,497 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:32 PM

Been back 4 times twice in the A.M. and twice in the P.M. no luck haven't been able to call them up again.

Those creatures are pretty smart, they don't like getting burned more than once. :lol:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 FIRST TIMER

FIRST TIMER

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE TO HUNT. IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I HAVE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEBSITE. I NEED TO GET BACK OUT IN THE FEILD AND PUT SOME ROUNDS DOWN RANGE. HUNTERS RULE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:21 PM

Thanks Smallblock

#8 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Smallblock

You bet. Any luck getting it to work?

#9 forestfolk2u

forestfolk2u

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:13 PM

Hi John I had some problems with mine too, it was fustrating to say the least but once in the field I figured that I would turn the unit on then try the remote. That worked pretty well no more problems, after doing that the remote just took off and has been working every since. Ken ;)

Have you checked the remote battery? Radio Shack carries them. If you have a GM with remote door locks it should be the same battery so you can test that.If the battery isn't an issue call Western Rivers.

Hi I just wrote a reply to firstimer he ask me the same question this was my reply to him. I had some problems with my remote too, frustating to say the least. What I figured out when I couldn't get the remote to work was two things first I removed the battery and cleaned it off then replaced it...that didn't seem to do anything, the next thing I did was when I got to my setup I walked out and placed the caller where I wanted it, turned it on came back and got myself out of sight ( used a ghille suit ) then hit the remote and it worked perfectly after doing that a couple of times the remote now works without my having to turn the unit on first. Hope that this is a help to you. Ken

#10 FIRST TIMER

FIRST TIMER

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for the update guys, I will give it another shot this weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users