#1 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 19 December 2005 - 10:19 PM

Ok had a problem with the remote. Fox Pro sent me another one Its working the way it was supposed to. Ok the Sounds I have. This is the FX3 model 32 sounds. I have the siren,all the coyote calls offered.All the rabit distress and being chewed up by yote sounds.`cottentail distress.Chicken pig squirrel Raccoon Deer Lost sheep Fawn all these are distress calls Lucky bird,MtnLion in heat Mtn lion cub Bill Ki-Yi . Also have Rodent squeks Duel rodents Bob Cat in heat. M-60 machine gun sound agrsive Jack rabit. Coyote death cry.If I want to buy some more which ones. Which ones should I replace??????????What do I need the coyote death cry for?

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,500 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:36 AM

I pretty much agree with Steve. I'd lose the coyote sounds and replace them with the bird sounds. I've noticed the coyote sounds can scare coyotes away or make even more wary about coming in. I'm considering a new FX3 along with keeping my 532B with just different sounds for different areas and animals. I want all of the crow sounds now too. :P

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:55 PM

I pretty much agree with Steve. I'd lose the coyote sounds and replace them with the bird sounds. I've noticed the coyote sounds can scare coyotes away or make even more wary about coming in. I'm considering a new FX3 along with keeping my 532B with just different sounds for different areas and animals. I want all of the crow sounds now too. :P

What about the siren? Hmm no yote sounds! Another guy on predator masters said some thing similar. My first Coyote ever was called in on a Crow call. :P

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,500 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:41 PM

I have a handheld siren. I like it for areas I've never been before to see what's out there. I've never used it before hunting. Okay, maybe a couple of times when a coyote sat up and got silhouetted before he got center punched. :P

Time waits for no one--

#5 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:34 PM

Does the siren work better than the coyote locator for seeing what's out there?

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,500 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:21 PM

Does the siren work better than the coyote locator for seeing what's out there?

Some people tell you no. But it does get a response. I just wouldn't use it then go hunting. But as a scouting tool it works great. We could drive miles and hit the siren to see what was around.

Time waits for no one--

#7 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:48 AM

I've never gotten a daytime response from the "Coyote Locator". It works fine at night. But I've heard several people report that the "Siren" type sounds work 24/7.

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,500 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:53 AM

A good siren will work but you'd have to come back at a different time to have a chance at the calling the coyote. But like I mentioned earlier it's a good fast way to scout an area. :unsure:

Time waits for no one--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users