18 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:58 PM

Hey guys, I finally have a means to embed videos in my blog stories, and I would like to ask a favor. This is my first attempt at embedding a video, and there were some technical issues that I think I have resolved, but I would appreciate it if you would go to the blog and take a look at the story about the FX 2000 taking California Ground Squirrels, and let me know if the video runs okay for you. It's the first story at the top of the column on the left side of the page. Thanks. :) Here's the link: http://varmintair.typepad.com/

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

I works great Cliff. It's almost as much fun as shooting them.

#3 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

Works great! :doh[1]: :1087:

#4 saci

saci

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

Works just fine for me!!!

#5 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

It works fine for me. Great, as usual.

#6 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:09 AM

Thanks folks, I figure there are a variety of different computers being used by folks and if no one is having any problems, then I think I'm good to go. FINALLY. :doh[1]:

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:51 AM

Cliff, I tried it on both my Mac and PC and it worked flawlessly. Good job and you have a great blog. :doh[1]:

#8 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

Cliff, I tried it on both my Mac and PC and it worked flawlessly. Good job and you have a great blog. :signgreatreport3kg:

Thanks John, good to hear. I've been wrestling with trying to post videos in the blog for awhile now, but kept running into one technical issue after another. I'm using Screencast now, and that, in conjunction with the "Expert settings" function on the Mac, that allow me to fully customize my file size and compression rate, I can now create Quicktime Movies that have decent resolution, yet the file size isn't ridiculous. One of the other issues I was running into was related to aspect ratio. What my camera produced, and what my blog software wanted to see, were two different things. The "Expert Settings" function on the Mac lets me customize that setting as well. Screencast hosts the videos, and generates the HTML code that I can cut and paste into my blog stories. Doing that, allows me to embed the videos in the stories without having to just post a link to YouTube and their crappy resolution. I think, being able to do this will add a nice touch to some of my hunting stories. Thanks for the feedback. :signs1180lq:

#9 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

To cool! I could watch that all day!

#10 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

What is wrong with my computer? I just see empty white squares.

#11 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

To cool! I could watch that all day!

Thanks, I like watching them, and shooting them is even more fun. :good:

#12 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

What is wrong with my computer? I just see empty white squares.

No idea. Things are working normal on my computer. Do you have Quicktime Player installed?

#13 Jerry

Jerry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

Its working well for me! Almost as clear as your dvd. Resolution is so much better than youtube, nicely done.Have you explored youtube's hi-res adjustable stuff at all? Just curious.Jerry

#14 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

Its working well for me! Almost as clear as your dvd. Resolution is so much better than youtube, nicely done.Have you explored youtube's hi-res adjustable stuff at all? Just curious.Jerry

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really happy with the video resolution. I wanted to go with a system that I have control over, including my content. YouTube took down several of my prairie dog hunting videos, claiming that they had received too many complaints. (from tree huggers, and prairie fairies I'm sure) After that, I took them all down, and will repost them on my blog, in much higher resolution. With the system that I'm using now, I have total control of my content, and the resolution is a hundred times better than what I had with YouTube. I'm really looking forward to finally being able to embed good resolution video clips into my blog stories. The tree huggers can go pound sand. :signs653wf:

#15 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

"...go pound sand..." YES!!! :signs653wf:

#16 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

I reloaded Adobe Flash Player and I can now see the first square and play the video. The second square is still blank. Nice shooting. I can't believe You Tube cared, they have a lot hunting stuff on there. Anyway, nice video.

#17 foghawk

foghawk

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

YouTube took down several of my prairie dog hunting videos, claiming that they had received too many complaints. (from tree huggers, and prairie fairies I'm sure) Now I understand why they're not more on it...I've watched 'em several times ,,,, even with my daughterThanks Cliffbye Francesco

#18 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

prairie fairies

:signs1242cn: :signs1180lq: :signs1242cn:

#19 foghawk

foghawk

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

:signs1180lq:

0 user(s) are reading this topic