• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

A couple of weeks ago I was down at the local gun shop just to buy some ammo but I can never leave without first checking the used gun rack just to see if there are any old gems that catch my eye. I've wanted a Cz "Lux" or "Military Trainer" for a long time but I never got to see one in person to make sure I liked them. As luck would have it there was a like new condition 452 Trainer on the rack. As soon as I picked it up and put it to my shoulder I knew it was coming home with me.Today I finally got to shoot it and it is an amazingly accurate little rifle. The front sight is adjustable to fine tune the elevation while the rear sight handles the long range elevation adjustments and windage. The long sighting radius of the alomost 25" barrel along with its excellent factory sights helped it to easily out shoot my scoped ruger 10-22. At 50 yards it will chew ragged holes with Federal Champion ammo. This will probably be my loads of choice for head shooting bunnys. The CCI Mini Mag hollow points were the most accurate of the hunting type loads and they regulate with the iron sights all the way out to 200 yards......and yes, tin cans at 200 yards with an iron sighted .22 is alot of fun!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

clampdaddy,that is a really nice 22 cal rifle, and tin cans at 200! OMG you rock.

#3 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

Congrats on the 452 Lux. That'll be a great bunny gun. Didn't realize they had a 25" barrel. I love CZ's. I just picked up a beautiful NIB 452 American .22 WMR yesterday. Mounted a Bushnell 3200 Elite 3-9x40 on it, which will do for now. Going to shoot it for the first time tomorrow. Should be a great spot and stalk gun for jacks and ground squirrels.

#4 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Congrats on your new gun too. Mine is actually a Trainer. The 452 is being phased out so I'm glad I got one before they are all gone. When you get a chance go over to the Brno/Cz forum at Rimfire Central and click on the sticky posted by Sophia. There is anything you need to know about the 452 there. I just did the second version of the "poor mans trigger job" on mine and now it feels like it has a Timney! All it took was two small pieces of a .015 feeler gauge, two dabs of glue, and a couple minutes. :)
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#5 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

clampdaddy,that is a really nice 22 cal rifle, and tin cans at 200! OMG you rock.

I cheated......coffee cans are tin too. :)

#6 rustygun

rustygun

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:All types of hunting, but mostley small game, varmints and predators. X-Military (Army) 20 years. Been away from the hunting game for almost 22 years

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Great find and look out wabbits. Coffee cans at 200 is fine.

#7 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

That's the kind of find I'm looking for. I want an accurate bolt in 22lr. I'll jut keep looking.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#8 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Absolutely beautiful rifle! We have an old Winchester 60 single shot with the 27" barrel. You are dead on about the barrel length and open sights. Of course I wish out ours had the sights like yours has got, sweet. Even though it is a single shot, we shoot as often or more than the others. Probably because being able to hit with it makes it a heck of a lot more fun, as it seems you have no problem doing with that one. A month and a half left until hoppy season.By the way, love new avatar, every time see it I feel like a kid again with the old die cast toys :)

#9 mjc89

mjc89

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Nice rifle. I thinking about getting a cz 452 ultra lux.

#10 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Nice rifle. I thinking about getting a cz 452 ultra lux.

Don't waste to much time. The 452 series is being replaced by the 455 which doesn't have the long range sight.

#11 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Absolutely beautiful rifle! We have an old Winchester 60 single shot with the 27" barrel. You are dead on about the barrel length and open sights. Of course I wish out ours had the sights like yours has got, sweet. Even though it is a single shot, we shoot as often or more than the others. Probably because being able to hit with it makes it a heck of a lot more fun, as ity seems you have no problem doing with that one. A month and a half left until hoppy season.By the way, love new avatar, every time see it I feel like a kid again with the old die cast toys :)

That extra barrel length makes for a really nice off-hand shooter. Shooting it alongside my 10-22 made me wonder how I ever managed to kill any rabbits with it.Yep, gotta love those old cast iron toys but you don't have to quit playing with them when you grow up......you just have to get bigger ones.

#12 mjc89

mjc89

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Don't waste to much time. The 452 series is being replaced by the 455 which doesn't have the long range sight.

Ok. Thanks for the heads up.

#13 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

Here's my new CZ 452 American .22WMR with Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 mildot. (Sorry for the bad cellphone photos.) I love CZ's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Very nice! How's it shoot?

#15 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

Don't know. I was going to shoot it last Sunday ... until my wife reminded me it was Mother's Day. :huh: So I'll find out this weekend.

#16 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Have you checked out the poor man's trigger job thread over at rimfire central? It's really easy to improve the pull on the 452.

#17 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

I'll have to go read it. Thanks for the tip. The triggers do have a lot of creep. Is that the YoDave trigger kit?

#18 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

No, you don't need to spend the money on a Yo Dave kit. Just need a cheap feeler gauge set and some good glue.

#19 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

Okay, I'll look into it. Shot my rifle for the first time yesterday using TNT Green, which it hated. Sprayed them all over the place. I suspect it could be the scope though, which is a used one I picked up recently. So I have to rule out the scope before anything else. I'll try it again next weekend with a trusted scope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users