20 replies to this topic

#1 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:41 PM

I was cruising the web looking for some inexpensive .223 ammo for my SU16 and ran across this:WARNING:Ammunition cannot be shipped to Marin, Napa, Ventura and Yolo counties, CA; Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento and San Francisco, CA; HI; Chicago, IL; Annapolis, MD; Mongomery county, MD; New York City; Reno, NV; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Ammunition cannot be shipped Parcel Post. If shipping to IA, must be 21. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Ammunition.So, Is this something new? I have been ordering ammo on line for years. Is this just the policy of a few company's, in this case The Sportsman's Guide, or some new law I am not aware of?Living in CA seams to suck more every day. And I thought Ventura county was one of the last conservative hold outs left in this pinko commie tofu farting state.

#2 Full Clip

Full Clip

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

First mention of Ventura I've seen... that sux. Don't know when they added that.
Also stuck in So Cal. Hit me up!

#3 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:05 PM

Try Ammo ManFrom there web sight http://www.ammoman.com/index.htmSORRY BUT WE DO NOT SHIP TO ALASKA, HAWAII or NEW JERSEYSORRY NO SALES TO MASSACHUSETTS RESIDENTSILLINOIS RESIDENTS CLICK HERE

#4 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:59 AM

That's odd - I just ordered ammo from Cabela's and I'm in Sacramento county. I didn't even know there were restrictions on this...
Sheldon

#5 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:00 AM

Does anyone have an opinion on using this ammo in my Kel-Tec SU 16? I am looking for some inexpensive plinking ammo right now and don't intend on reloading in this caliber. 223 RUSSIAN 55 GRAIN SOFT POINTWOLF MILITARY CLASSICJACKETED SOFT POINTNEW POLYMER COATINGBRAND NEW - WOLF MANUFACTURE20 ROUND BOXES100% NON-CORROSIVE$119/500 rounds/free shipping

#6 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

I tried ordering a holster from Sportmans guide and they wouldn't ship it because I live in California. They said it was on their restricted list. The holster was a repro of a WWII German Walther Holster. Took three phone calls, one to customer service and finally a conversation with the VP before we could get it worked out and shipped. Their legal team is a bit overzealous.Jason

#7 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:58 AM

Their legal team is a bit overzealous.

If I owned an business outside CA I wouldn't ship here based on principal! Although - doing that would mean "they" win. :doh[1]:
Sheldon

#8 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:14 AM

based on principal

You mean based on principle? What kind of principle is that? Why would you want to screw CA gun owners, what did they do to deserve anything like that? If anything, you should offer a discount to CA gun owners based on principle to encourage gun ownership. Not the other way around.

#9 savageHMR

savageHMR

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:target shooting, varmint hunting, boating, fishing, horses..

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:27 AM

You mean based on principle? What kind of principle is that? Why would you want to screw CA gun owners, what did they do to deserve anything like that? If anything, you should offer a discount to CA gun owners based on principle to encourage gun ownership. Not the other way around.

Well said! CA gun owners need all the help that we can get!

#10 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:13 AM

Try Ammo ManFrom there web sight http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm

I am placing an order with Ammo Man, they require a photocopy of your drivers license. Does anyone see a problem with this?Has any one ordered and received ammo from this place?

#11 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:50 AM

It's common to fax or email a copy of your DL. I have purchased from ammoman in the past, but I won't anymore. There are LOTS of negative experiences with the owner from goofed up orders. Apparently he's a real jerk, has no idea what customer service is, and doesn't refund people's money, even if the mistake is his fault. Do a search and you'll find a lot of complaints about him. Plus, you'll forever be spammed with daily email specials from him. I'd steer clear.

#12 LTChip

LTChip

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:27 AM

reeds ammo is highly recommended! Ron is a very good person to deal with. He communicates well and is extremely repsonsive. He has lots of ammo choices and will do custom loads if you want. I also have ordered ammo from georgia arms and they are very reliable and the ammo is quite good.There have been a few attempts by the CA leg. to ban ammo shipments but none have passed (yet). The serialized ammo laws are always lurking out there too. We seem always to be one law away from shutting down all shooting sports in this state.

#13 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:18 PM

We can't get ammo shipped to us in Ventura county? That blows, any idea why? I hope they didn't pass some new law preventing us from getting it.

#14 pj1016

pj1016

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:28 AM

Never have had a problem myself. It's not a law, just certain companies won't ship to CA cause they don't want to understand our stupid laws.pj

#15 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:49 AM

Why don't you quote my entire post? Did you stop reading once you saw my small spelling mistake and decide you don't need to read anymore? :)
Sheldon

#16 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:39 PM

It's not a law, just certain companies won't ship to CA cause they don't want to understand our stupid laws.pj

I agree, but they don't say they won't ship to CA, they specify counties within CA where they won't ship.

#17 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:01 PM

Well,apparently Ammo Man ships to Ventura county, I just received shipping notification and a UPS tracking number. Lets see if it arrives on the 27th as scheduled.

#18 pj1016

pj1016

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:44 AM

I agree, but they don't say they won't ship to CA, they specify counties within CA where they won't ship.

Yes, I see what you mean. Looking at the list posted above, I can't understand why Ventura County would be included. :flag: :signs1180lq: I do know that CMP, Ammoman and Outdoormarkmsan ship to VC...<shrug>pj

#19 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:24 AM

Did anyone ask them why they can't ship to VC?They also say they can't ship to Reno, NV. I don't think Reno is on the ultra liberal anti-gun law list. :signs1180lq:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#20 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:24 PM

Just received my order from Ammo-Man, looks good. Thanks for the help.

#21 pj1016

pj1016

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:57 AM

Just received my order from Ammo-Man, looks good. Thanks for the help.

Excellent. I've bought many times from him, and never had a problem getting it shipped to me (same town as you).pj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users