14 replies to this topic

#1 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Location:Buena Park, CA............. 17 Coyote kills.. 1 Bob Cat
  • Interests:hunting/offroad racing/drinking beer at the river and drinking beer.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

Anyone have one ?......Im ready to PULL the trigger on one.

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

I have a buckmark. It's not the contour model, its the standard model with the slab sided barrel. I don't think there is a better .22 auto out there. Excellent trigger pull, safety and mag release are in easily accessible locations, when locked back the action is open all the way through so its easy to clear a jam, and they are deadly accurate. Mine has killed a bunch of rabbits and ground squirrels.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

I like my Smith & Wesson Model 41's. They are all older models but are sweet shooting and I would put them up against any .22 auto.

#4 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:hunting/offroad racing/drinking beer at the river and drinking beer.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

Im a big Browning fan

Attached Files

#5 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

It's not that I disliked the Browning model, I just felt that with the way it was bolted to the frame and how the rear sight was could be seperated from the barrel, the Ruger one piece barrel (with sight always attached) and solid action just looked SO much more solid. But, again, it's a personal thing. I am sure, just like any manufacturer, some shoot well and some don't. My uncle and nephews love theirs. Good luck no matter what you get, I'm sure you'll enjoy it no matter what it is.I don't know SJ, them bull barrel Ruger's make even a shaky-handed shooter like me look good (not physically, that's asking way too much for any gun). I have always liked the look of the 41 though, just never had a chance to try one. But if it's a S&W, it has to be good........But I may be a little prejudiced also. My MKIII is the only non-S&W pistol I currently own :)

#6 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

A year or so ago my Dad gave me a Ruger standard. I invited him to go shoot it. We got to the range and he pulled out a buckmaster. After I put ten rounds into an 1.5 inch bullseye at 30 yds I BEGGED for that gun. He just giggled.

#7 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:46 AM

I have the Browning Buck Mark Hi-Grade Target stainless model with fluted barrel which is only available now in the custom shop and limited editions. It is my favorite pistol (out of a dozen). I bought it for $375 two years ago and found out later it had been priced incorrectly (under by $200 back then). They let out a limited NRA version of it a while ago. Its a real nice Buck Mark. If you can find one for sale cheap grab it. The prices are rising raplidly.Posted Image

#8 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

Brant, I've got that exact same one. Beautiful pistol.

#9 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:13 AM

Anyone have one ?......Im ready to PULL the trigger on one.

If it's what you like, get it. Can't go wrong.I have a few 22 pistols. A Buckmark, a Ruger Mark 2 and a High Standard Victor. Obviously the first two do not compare to the victor...but they are all a joy to shoot. I usually shoot the Mark 2 though. Ruger makes a pretty nice target model mark 2 as well.

#10 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:22 AM

They are classics and now worth a lot more than what we paid and going up fast my local Browning shop told me.

Brant, I've got that exact same one. Beautiful pistol.

#11 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

Pulled the trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!In ten days I really can pull it,Its my 45th Birthday today so I said to myself HERE YOU GO JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

Which one? I used to have a SS camper and a hunter and they were great too. I should have kept the hunter.

#13 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:56 PM

Im a big Browning fan

The Buckmark Contour

#14 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

My shooting partner has the Contour 7.25 and loves it. We are kind of lucky to have Browning in town (Arnold, MO). Another buddy quit Browning and opened his own Browning and other firearms custom shop. He creates some expensive shotguns close by. I would like to get some more Brownings.http://www.midwestgu...s.com/page/mgwiWe have the service/parts center and if there is almost any issue (even ones we caused) we take it in and normally they fix it while we wait. Excellent customer service. Browning Parts One Browning Place Arnold, Missouri 63010 636-287-6800 Fax: 800-817-4755

#15 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

Took by Browning Contour 5.5 out last weekend,very nice gun put over 500 round threw her,need another couple clips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users