Photo

What not to do when you are board on your lunch break...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

Go to the gun shop...Was looking around, had the hankering for a handgun since I have a few 1000 rounds sitting on the shelf of 9mm and got rid of my HK USP... Why is it easier to buy a gun to shoot extra ammo than it is to sell or trade the ammo?Been debatting what I wanted for a while, was looking at Glocks and Sigs and XD's.... Then a Smith & Wesson M&P started looking at my from the gun case, like a puupy with sad eyes begging me to take it home. Picked it up, felt great in the hands, sales man said it was a great pistol and he recommended it over pistols that were over $100 more... Needless to say I said lets do it! Deal was right, brand new $525, comes with 2 mags, and S&W is having a rebate, $50 back or 2 free mags, so I am opting for the 2 extra mags. So now I will have my M&P9 full size 4.24" barrel... 10 days waiting sucks, but at least I am leaving for Hawaii in 2 days, so when I get back from vacation I will have soemthing to look forward too. :)

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

My story last weekend after I sold two S&W Sigmas (9mm and 40SW) to my brother a few weeks back. I had over 2000 rounds of 9mm and 1500 rds of 40SW sitting around and ended up with a full size Baretta 92A1 in 9mm. I just added a pair of walnut grips to it. The black matte finish matches my DPMS M-4. Now I need a 40SW before my son switches to the more expensive university in January. Sometimes its a little scary here in Missouri that you can waltz in and out with a pistol and tons of ammo in about 15 minutes with no registration. They just call in the instant check.

#3 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

That's the way it should be for law abiding citizens. Quick and easy. Here in Kaliforniastan, you must wait in addition to jumping through a series of flaming hoops. It is all political posturing. More people are killed by doctors, cars, motorcycles, etc. than firearms. Nothing we do is completely safe in this life. As long as there are people in the world, there will be accidents and purposeful destruction by some. Everybody else should not be forced to pay the price for the irresponsibility of a few.

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:28 AM

and Politicians..... especially politicians....

#5 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

Go to the gun shop...Was looking around, had the hankering for a handgun since I have a few 1000 rounds sitting on the shelf of 9mm and got rid of my HK USP... Why is it easier to buy a gun to shoot extra ammo than it is to sell or trade the ammo?Been debatting what I wanted for a while, was looking at Glocks and Sigs and XD's.... Then a Smith & Wesson M&P started looking at my from the gun case, like a puupy with sad eyes begging me to take it home. Picked it up, felt great in the hands, sales man said it was a great pistol and he recommended it over pistols that were over $100 more... Needless to say I said lets do it! Deal was right, brand new $525, comes with 2 mags, and S&W is having a rebate, $50 back or 2 free mags, so I am opting for the 2 extra mags. So now I will have my M&P9 full size 4.24" barrel... 10 days waiting sucks, but at least I am leaving for Hawaii in 2 days, so when I get back from vacation I will have soemthing to look forward too. :signtripledogdare2wf:

One thing really nice about the MP pistols is you can tailor them for left hand shooters too.

#6 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

M&P 40C is my every day carry gun.

#7 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:03 AM

Ya, I am debatting going for my CCW, which if I get, I would be looking at getting a M&P9c to carry... I know alot of people say its a girls round, but I really enjoy shooting 9mm... Not too bad recoil, cheap, and I can shoot alot faster and more accurate with it than 40 or 45... Although next choice for me would be 40, not too big on the 45acp...

#8 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:44 AM

Well I picked it up Monday. Cleaned it, and took it out yesterday. Didnt go to a forma range, just a buddies house. Was shooting bowling pins at 20 yards with it... Not a hit every time but about 1-2 out of 3.. So pretty good. Factory sites arent to shabby, and wait to see how the trigger feels after it breaks in, debating throwing one fo the kits on it... Its all cleaned and packed up ready to go deer hunting with me this weekend though..

#9 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:50 AM

That's great shooting. My C&C is a S&W 642 38 SPL w/ Crimson (talk about a girls round even with +Ps). It nice because it fits in my front pocket holster but with a 1-7/8" barrel it is pushing it at much beyond 15 yds with me behind the trigger.

#10 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

I also carry the 642 Crimson Trace. With the lazer it shoots really well, but with out, it shoots about 3 inches left at 7 yards. But there is no sight adjustment short of trying to bend the front sight.

#11 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

But there is no sight adjustment short of trying to bend the front sight.

The barrel can be screwed in or out to make a sight adjustment. The front sight is aligned with the target and the bore swings side to side underneath.

#12 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:17 AM

Dang, I didn't know that. Too bad my gunsmith just closed up shop here in the Yuba City area. I may have taken it in for him to fix. Oh well, I'll just use the lazer site. Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users