#1 deadyotegoodcoat

deadyotegoodcoat

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:coyotes

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:28 AM

ok guys heres something that opened my eyes just the other day. i have never thought about this before until the other day. in time magazine they brought up a topic about hunters and about killing the superior race. basicalllly we only shoot at the strongest of the pack, for the biggest antlers, or the biggest tusks, and so on. so basicallly we are wiping out the superior race, little do we kno these animals are starting to adapt to the hunting scenarios. for example rams are only aloud to be hunted once they have matured which basicalllly once there horns are at a certain size there legal. studies show horn developement has declined to almost below legal limit causing increase life span. let me kno how u guys feel about this please dont say anything to make problems this is opinion from Time magazine not mine but i say i would have to agree that we should start by killin the weak because our A+ game is gonna eventually disappear

#2 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:23 AM

so basicallly we are wiping out the superior race,

Most states have the hunting seasons during or after the breeding season (Rut) so the genetics are passed on to the next generation. It is all about quality of food and genetics so go out and plant a food plot!In California for more than 70 years we have (DFG has) been mis-managing our Deer herds by only taking Bucks and having the hunt pre-rut. In CA you are correct, in most other states I would not worry about it.

#3 deadyotegoodcoat

deadyotegoodcoat

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:coyotes

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

thanks

#4 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:41 PM

I shoot the first legal deer I have a clean shot on, A bird in the hand and some meat in the freezer.....

#5 Moonclip

Moonclip

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

I agree with this especially in SoCal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users