• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

What does your reloading bench look like? I will be setting up my reloading bench soon, and I would like to see pictures of how you organize your bench. I would like to take from each picture, what I like about each one, and how your equipmentis mounted and organized. I will be running power, and more plugs, with two floresent light fixtures under the cabnet, and maybe some shelving against the wall.

Attached Files

#2 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

The refer next to your space looks handy! I added a hood vent over my bench[ left over from a kitchen remodel]. its not so much for reloading but for casting bullits. my presses, powder measure,and droptube are all mounted to 12" square plywood and clamped to the bench using big C clamps. I have several sets of drawers above the bench for small parts and tools . Ill post up a pic when I get it cleared off enough to see it all. we are painting right now and its covered in trim and cabnet hardware. DR

#3 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts
    RETIRED

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

I just added a new coat of paint, I should have painted the rest of the garage while I was at it. My back is killing me now, maybe I should hire some union workers from Home Depot.

Attached Files

#4 45Colt

45Colt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

You have Barney Fife to keep ya motivated. :)

#5 Recon

Recon

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

I am also interested in responses to this post. I have "Make Ammo" on my list of 2012 goals. I have a Hornady reloading kit my wife got me for Christmas in 2010 and I have a nice collection of assorted ingredients, but I haven't been able to get over the hump! I have a bench I could use, much like knocked up. So I am eager to see some examples.

#6 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

If you don't get over the hump, your wife won't buy you anymore gifts. They get POed at you when you don't us something they get you. I know from experience!!

#7 Recon

Recon

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

You're a smart man, BRAZ! I got NOTHIN' for Christmas this year!!

#8 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hear is a pic. of my reloading bench i know you said organized but in the middle of brain tanning a hide so EXCUSE the mess got crap everywhere. Made from 7/8 thick steel plate legs are heavy wall 4x4 box tubing good and sound.Posted Image

#9 NVWalt

NVWalt

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fly fishing, kitebugging, photography, astronomy, hot springing, looking at as many beautiful women as possible.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

I would show you mine but then I would have to clean it all up and I just don't feel like it yet . Good hobby to have.

#10 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts
    RETIRED

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Darn L2F, What are you reloading, 3"50? That's what I call heavy duty.Tom

#11 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Shooting

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

I love these posts :653: currently my reloading bench is a use when needed and take down when not needed kind of setup. Nothing to show. its my computer desk in my living room lol. Have to take it all down but the press when not in use or the kids will find new toys to play with. With that said, POST YOUR PICS! I want ideas!

#12 dlburns

dlburns

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Flyfishing, Shooting, Fly Tying, Camping, Golf

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

This is the one I am putting in my garage this weekend, http://www.harborfre...ench-93454.html. I have all my new Lee reloading stuff and ready to get started!Dave

#13 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

Darn L2F, What are you reloading, 3"50? That's what I call heavy duty.Tom

Yea thats funny you can set your full glass of beer down on my bench and resize 6/284 brass and not spill a drop!

#14 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts
    RETIRED

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

I ran more power to my bench today, I put the switch on the bench light and hardwired it in,Also ran a quad plug, on two seperate circuts.and a spare quad box in line for future use. All the RCBS gear should be here on the 28th.Tom

#15 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Well, it's nothing special, and this is about as clean as it gets. I try and organize it once a year, need it or not :signlol2iu: . We added a 10'x10' drywalled and insulated room onto the garage just for a reloading room. It is big enough to hold 3 safes, has 1 wall of just peg board, 2 table tops, and best of all it is wired up to the house alarm! As you can see, there are four things I believe you can not have too many of, coffee cans, table top space, storage/shelving, and electrical outlets. I am known as the "Coffee Can King" in certain circles :P By the way, they are stacked two deep, dirty and clean for each caliber.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAnd while I don't mind using C clamps to hold the Mec (shotgun) presses down, I firmly believe in using carriage bolts with wing nuts and holes drilled in the table top to hold down my presses and powder throwers (when I'm not using the electric scale/powder thrower). The RCBS JR5 and Lyman T-Mag are detached currently as it was shotgun (bird) season, and the Mecs were in constant use. They still attach and detach very quickly and are much stronger than clamps. And the holes go unnoticed when using the top of the bench. If the top of your work bench flexes substantially when you use the press, you will want to put a piece of plywood or such on the bench before the press to help spread the load. You would simply just drill through the wood and the bench to bolt the press down. As said, this will spread the load and help with the flexing of the bench, if you need it, I did not luckily.Posted ImageI don't know if this will help you at all? But I figured since you asked so nicely, I would post some pics :signlol2iu: . Good luck with your bench, and don't worry, no matter how you set it up now you will constantly be thinking of how you could have laid it out differently :signlol2iu: . And get pictures of it all set up before you use it because it will never look that clean again! :popcorn:

#16 StoneTower

StoneTower

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:Pulling the trigger and setting the hook!!!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hear is a pic. of my reloading bench i know you said organized but in the middle of brain tanning a hide so EXCUSE the mess got crap everywhere. Made from 7/8 thick steel plate legs are heavy wall 4x4 box tubing good and sound.Posted Image

That there is good protection for your feet and family jewels if your clear the stuff out from under it before you load up any armor piercing rounds.

#17 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts
    RETIRED

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

I like the pegboard Bisley.Tom

#18 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

I built a room in my garage. Makes it nice when everything is setup and ready to go.Attached File  9.jpg   20.48KB   5 downloads

#19 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts
    RETIRED

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Very nice TawnoperTom

#20 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

Some freakn nice "rooms " . I do not have a dedicated room as of yet . Do not expect one in the near future either . I just use an old , hardwood stool , that I cut for my Lee press to sit into it . its comfortable . Travels well . No one notices it either . And it gets the job done . ( cannot post a pic as my pics are" too large " for the sitepage ) Andy

#21 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

Zippy, My first loading bench was an old rollaway tool box base. I lived in an apt at the time and it would roll into a closet when I needed it out of the way. the weight of the bullits and shot made it very stable. DR

#22 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

I almost forgot, I was always told growing up that it is not a true reloading room without at least one of these fine pieces of Americana hanging in it (Dogs Playing Poker). I, as well as my friends, all have at least one version of it we have found at a thrift shop. Can you believe someone would throw away something so fine! :smiley-outta-here: Posted Image

#23 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

Tawnoper, Really" that looks like a operating room, :smiley-outta-here:

#24 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts
    RETIRED

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

My reloading gear came in today. It didn't take long to clutter up the bench. I was a little dissapointed with the kit, I was expecting a stand with the powder measure, but itdidn't come with one, just an adapter that goes on the press. I will order a stand for it tomorrow. Other than that, I am ready.Tom

Attached Files

#25 dlburns

dlburns

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Flyfishing, Shooting, Fly Tying, Camping, Golf

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

Here's my new bench...haven't mounted my Lee press or power thrower to it as I have them mounted on a piece of plywood to clamp to the bench. I'll get some more pics to post later.

#26 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

Here's my new bench...haven't mounted my Lee press or power thrower to it as I have them mounted on a piece of plywood to clamp to the bench. I'll get some more pics to post later.

Did you camo it? :smiley-funny-post-sign:

#27 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts
    RETIRED

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

I loaded my first box of ammo today. I also got everything organized today. Grant met me for breakfast at 7am, and after that, Grant came by, and we went through procedures. (What a guy)Tom

#28 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

Make Grant fire the first rounds! :roflmao3[1]:

#29 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts
    RETIRED

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

He already refused.Tom

#30 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

That just proves even more that you're being taught by a very wise man :P Don't forget to wear protection also, we don't want a sale on a like new RCBS reloading kit :smiley-funny-post-sign: Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users