15 replies to this topic

#1 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:20 PM

Attached File  1.jpg   32.21KB   18 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   25.38KB   18 downloadsAttached File  3.jpg   29.08KB   18 downloads

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,328 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:46 PM

You must be hunting billy goats! :lol: I miss my old CJ5 when I see pictures like that of your truck. :o

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:23 PM

It's a great time! We use it for rock crawling mostly (that's what's it built for) but it works great as a hunting rig as well. I have another one that is exactly the same just different color that I keep out at the weekend joint.. They are a blast! :lol:

#4 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:26 PM

You're right about that, I miss my pumped up CJ7. Hmmm sell the Jeep and buy a house... House / Jeep, Jeep / House... Ok honey I'll sell the jeep :lol: Camoghost that looks like Hollister.My CJ7

#5 natural

natural

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting of course !!!

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:18 PM

I have an 86' 4runner. Looks like that one but red.(and minus the straight axel) :lol: . But im getting one installed at the end of December. :lol: -Andy-
Andy

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:04 PM

Nice setup!

#7 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:46 AM

Do the All Pro kit on the front axel install and run their Extreme Kit as well.. Both of my trucks have the Extreme Kit on them and it kicks a :P ! I run a Detroit locker front and rear, dual t cases with 4.7 in the cases and 35's.. I tow jeeps out all the time :lol: :lol: !!J jeep E Eats E every P pay check :D

#8 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:56 PM

Hey now don't be trying to compare a toy To a Jeep .I bet they both will eat your money when you start adding new gear. heywood that was a nice rig did you get what you asked for?

#9 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 03:47 PM

Hey now don't be trying to compare a toy To a Jeep .I bet they both will eat your money when you start adding new gear. heywood that was a nice rig did you get what you asked for?

Thanks, it was very nice and $$ consuming until I got it to that point. It was Rubicon and Hammers ready. I built everything but the front bumper and cage. The axles and tranny were fun :lol: I got pretty close to the asking. A couple flew out from PA to buy it. They had it shipped home. The sad reality of any toy like that is no matter what you have for receipts and how much you've paid, when you go to sell something like that it's really only worth what people are willing to pay for it. I had close to double put into it vs. what I got for it. Really for me it's the fabrication and engineering end of it. I'm considering getting a mill / lathe combo to do gun stuff now. Ugh, why couldn't I pick a cheap hobby like basketweaving or bug collecting :lol:

#10 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:15 PM

Great looking CJ-7 !!!

#11 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:03 PM

Great looking CJ-7 !!!

Thanks! Hey I'm gonna be in Thousand Oaks this weekend, I want to head out Sunday or maybe Monday. Interested? Shoot me a PM.

#12 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:31 AM

I have a 92 yj and I am doing the cheap stuff right now... :lol: I built the rear bumper tire carrier front bumper bush guard have welder can fabricate. As for underneath big money time! I went out and found a 8.8 for the rear. I do have 4.56 gear no lockers yet .

#13 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:47 AM

Here's my new rig. Finally got my diesel and mama got the lift she wanted. This thing isn't stock either and if you don't keep your foot out of it it likes its fuel. Its an 02 F250 8" lift in the front and 4 in the back I think with 35's not sure thogh everything was done before I bought it. It has a custom interior too and I just couldn't say no to the price either.Attached File  1.jpg   28.79KB   19 downloads
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#14 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:44 AM

Nice rig! Nothing like the clatter of valves and smoke out the back!

#15 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:03 AM

The sad reality of any toy like that is no matter what you have for receipts and how much you've paid, when you go to sell something like that it's really only worth what people are willing to pay for it. I had close to double put into it vs. what I got for it.

I hear ya' there! This was my toy up until I sold it last year: 1989 Chevy 1 ton crewcab longbed, rebuilt fuel injected 454, Edelbrock intake, Comp Cams RV cam, Thorley Tri-Y headers, Rebuilt Turbo 400 w/shift kit, NP205, Dana 60 front/14 bolt rear (both with 4.10's, posi rear), 6" Superlift, 33"x14.50"x16.5" Super Swamper SSR's on 12" wide Weld Super Single II's, Flowmaster exhaust, Alpine stereo system, alarm w/remote start, tinted windows all the way around... Plus it was a Silverado so it was fully loaded (power windows, locks, tilt steering, A/C, etc.) It had 84,000 original miles on it when I sold it. Even for as big as it was, that thing would go just about anywhere. Only reason I gave it up was it got 8 miles per gallon (on a good day). In retrospect, I should have just swapped in a 4L80 tranny to get the overdrive & get better mileage... :lol: Posted ImagePosted ImageNow I'm keeping my eyes open for a cheap '87-'91 K5 Blazer to start building. Probably will do a similar build-up, but it'll already have the factory 700R4 (overdrive) tranny. I'll also add a winch & Detroit Locker in the rear end.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#16 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:27 AM

Well, I started at the Hammers this weekend.. Towed 1 jeep through it and had to fix another.. Then I was off to my place in Parker.. 2 jeeps rolled and a few had to be towed out.. They are nice but they just can't do what the 85 Toyotas can do.. Their wheel base is just to short for starters, they can't handle the angle or off camberness of really steep waterfalls.. Didn't Barbie have a Jeep? :lol: B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users