• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

The IRC, or International Revolver Championship Just held it's 21st event in Morro Bay this weekend. And for the 20th year in a row, the event was won by none other than Jerry Miculek. Wow, can that man shoot. I shoot the exact same stages he shot and when I compare my scores to his, I just have to shake my head. How can anyone shoot that fast. It was a great event, and my first time there, but definately not my last. There were 241 entries from all over the US and Austrailia and Switzerland to name just a few. I was pleased with myself, for my first time out, I finished 222 over all and 6th for my division. Not bad for a fat old man. If you go to www.icore.org you can review the results. I had heard that Jim Scoutten was going to be there filming his show to be broadcast at a later date. However, I never saw him. Did see a few camera men though, so I hope they did film it. Unfortunatily I didn't get to see every one shoot all the stages, just the guys and gals I was shooting with. Sure learned a lot too. Hopefully, it's going to make me a beter shooter. I get to try some of the ideas this coming Sunday at our local event. For those of you that like revolvers, Bisley, you should look for some ICORE events to shoot near you. The South west Regional event was held in Richmond this year. Unfortunately, I missed it due to some serious health issues in the family. the midwest rgionals are going to be held in Falon NV the end of September. I'm planning on heading to that one.

#2 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

That does sound like a blast! I would love to go just to see the talent. I can not even begin to imagine the humbleness after watching them guys shoot. I would love to see someone try and tell them that revolvers are outdated and that they should buy an auto :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: . Will definitely have to look into it, thanks Braz.

#3 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Revolvers are great in the hand of someone who knows how to shoot them. Jerry wins lots of IDPA and USPSA matchs, which are designed for semi automatics. he still out shoots them.

#4 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

Thanks, Braz. I looked at some of Jerry's stuff on Youtube. Unbelievable!!!

#5 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

Here is a quick link to some of Jerry's super fast shooting.
Like he says, if you wan to shoot fast, be the first one at the rnge and the last one o leave. then spend your free time loading ammo and smoothing up the guns themselves.

#6 True2ThySelf

True2ThySelf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:18 AM

Holy smokes! That guy can shoot twice before I could finish once!

#7 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

Yep, Jerry Miculek is an impressive shooter. It's always something to see someone who can really shoot. Not only does he shoot fast, but extremely accurate as well. He isn't spraying those bullets fast as he can pull the trigger, I've read you can cover those groups with a playing card.

Another very impressive shooter was Ed McGivern. He set most of the records Miculek went after...and he did this back in the 30's with a factory, out of the box model 10 SW revolver.

#8 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

I couldn't shoot a full automatic that fast.
Tom

#9 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

I haven't seen that video in a couple years, thanks for putting it up Braz. That video and some of the ones showing how quick these guys can draw and shoot (accurately) always just leave me in awe :yikes[1]:

#10 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

That is indeed amazing!

#11 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

It really leaves you in awe when you're competing against them and watch them run the stage that you have to do later or have just finished and are feeling bad about because of all he errors and being so slow.

#12 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

I think I would have to super glue the cylinder shut and tell everyone it is jammed and I can not shoot, but maybe next time :rolleyes:
As cool as the videos are, I would love to see that in person though. It just does not seem physically possible to be able to shoot that fast, let alone hit that fast :blink:

#13 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

Amazing to me. Wow!

#14 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Just check for an ICORE club in your area an go visit one of their matches. You will be amazed at the talent of some of the folks. And in some cases they are young folks. Man oh man can some of the youngsters shoot.

#15 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Yesterday, I bought a Smith and Wesson 10-14 that I'm planning on having made into a limited gun, shooting moonclips with a competition trigger job. but I gotta get past the damned 10 waiting period first. I would love to take it out this weekend and give it a run, but it's in jail. We hve another ICORE match at our gridley range for anyone that is interest. If all you want to do is come out and watch please feel free to come on out. Ans for me, I'll be there. I'm sure you will enjoy just watching. Here are a few pictures of the new to me pistol. As you cn see it only has a very faint turn line on th ecylinder. I don't believe it has been shot much. I'll shoot the heck outta it when i get it fixed the way I want it. The logo comes from the guy that I bought it from. These are his pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Very nice! :drool: :drool: :drool:
Can't wait to hear how she shoots.

#17 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

Me too!!!!

#18 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

It's been about a week and a half now Braz, you get that thing out of jail and to a range yet? :popcorn: :popcorn:

#19 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

I could have picked it up today, but was shooting IDPA. so maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.

#20 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

#21 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

Finally got it picked up tody. Will take a few pictures for show and tell tomorrow.

#22 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

Finally got it picked up tody. Will take a few pictures for show and tell tomorrow.

You're killing me Braz :lol:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

#23 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

Damn, i've lost my camera. can't find it anyplace.

#24 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Suuurrree. I hate to say it, but now I think you're just messin' with me on purpose :rofl2: . Could you at least draw a detailed color sketch of it? And one of the targets you shot while you're at it would be nice too :lol: .

#25 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hee are a couple of pictrues I copied from the ad wehre I bought it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wanted to post up some better ones, but these are all I have. but it suwe is pretty in my hand. Adn it shoots great. I shot 6 rounds, weak hand, at 25 yards, all in the head. Sorry, do't have pictues of the target.

#26 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

I like the grip on it too. :good:

#27 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Yes sir John, wood is nice, but wood with finger grooves are to die for :drool: . I keep threatening to put a pair of light colored ones on my stainless 686.
I am sure it is a silly question, but but I take it the DA trigger has been worked on? We still have a model 27 in the family with less than a 4lb DA pull and I would give all my man parts to have the same guy do mine, but UPS won't ship packages to the afterlife :rolleyes: . That's great shooting, especially for weak hand with a new gun. It has been ages since I shot a fixed sight revolver, does it hinder you at all (not as good of a sight picture), and does it shoot pretty much to POA? Also, what are you sooting out of it? Super mild .38's like wadcutters, or a heavier loaded .357?

#28 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

While it is a fixed site, it does shoot right to point of aim. Shoots gtreat and as I mentioned, the trigger is great. must have been worked on, but I don't know for sure. Just tried to measure the trigger pull. My RCBS manual gauage only goes to 8pounds, so beyond that is a guess. My best guess is 9 1-4 pounds, for double action of course. And very smooth all the way.

#29 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

I would rather have it at 9lbs and smooth than much lighter and rough :good: .
:doh[1]:I just noticed that it is a model 10, so I guess you better not be shooting .357's through it :1087: . I really need to get more sleep these days. She sure is pretty, hope you have a long and happy life together :lol:

:smiley_green_with_envy:

#30 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

Yep, model 10, and I'm shooting 158's hat I hand load myself, and not hot. I'm shooting it in competitin and I want to be able to get back on target as quickly as possible. I'll need to run it across a chrono to be sure I meet the power factor, which I do with my 6" ruger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users