21 replies to this topic

#1 Bill D.

Bill D.

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:53 PM

Got a heck of a good deal on a new Honda Recon. Gonna miss my scooter but I need something that can take the dirt.Posted ImageFirst bloodPosted Image

#2 big jon

big jon

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:12 PM

That looks too purty to take on the dirt? How much for the scooter? :lol:

#3 Bill D.

Bill D.

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:19 AM

That looks too purty to take on the dirt? How much for the scooter? :lol:

With 3,500 miles on the scooter, the dealer told me I could sell it for $1,600. None of the dealers between Modesto and Fresno have any Ruckus scooters in stock. High gas prices have scooters in high demand. I am probably going to sell it for $1,400 since it had to have a valve job at 1,500 miles from inhaling dust.

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:20 AM

Looks like you're good to go!

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:00 AM

Nice Bill! :) Where's the swivel gun turret for that Rat Patrol look and feel? :lol:

#6 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:12 PM

3500 miles and lots of great memories. What's the total coyote count Bill? I see they have a stealth exhaust for those toys now.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:59 PM

Watch Bill's coyotes count will go down now. :) Before the coyotes were always amazed someone would be hunting from such a vehicle. :D Or they were laughing so hard their sides hurt and they couldn't run off. :lol: Now they say serious hunter approaching and will be gone before he's able to put a round out. :(

#8 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:48 PM

You are definately moving up in the world, Bill. Next you will just have to have a SAV. :lol:

#9 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,839 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:02 PM

Nice but you should of got a red one to match your camo wind breaker :huh: verry cool toy .

#10 Bill D.

Bill D.

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:26 PM

3500 miles and lots of great memories. What's the total coyote count Bill? I see they have a stealth exhaust for those toys now.

I have 75 images of dead coyotes for 06 on my ImageEvent page but some coyotes have 2 pictures so I am guessing around 50 for this year so far.Just got a Cabelas catalog today that had a stealth muffler for $200.......coyotes are just gonna have to get used to loud exhaust....haha! A friend put a stealth muffler on his Honda 4 x4 Rancher and it cut the noise in half.

Watch Bill's coyotes count will go down now. :lol: Before the coyotes were always amazed someone would be hunting from such a vehicle. :o Or they were laughing so hard their sides hurt and they couldn't run off. :huh: Now they say serious hunter approaching and will be gone before he's able to put a round out. :P

John - only one of the places I hunt coyotes do the workers take shots at coyotes from ATV's. The other places use ATV's but don't shoot at coyotes so the Recon may work to my advantage.....for a while. At first the coyotes weren't too spooked by my quiet scooter and it didn't take em long to learn. The ATV will save me a bunch of walking in the grassland hills but I suspect I will still have to walk 3 to 400 hundred yards from the machine to make successful setups. Getting too dang old to make those 8 mile walk-abouts!

#11 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,839 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:54 PM

We can't say that you do not work for them. That thing might be a pretty good blind in some cases.

#12 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:10 AM

We can't say that you do not work for them. That thing might be a pretty good blind in some cases.

That'd probably work pretty well. Get some camo netting to drape over it and crawl under it too with the barrel sticking out

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:16 AM

The ATV will save me a bunch of walking in the grassland hills but I suspect I will still have to walk 3 to 400 hundred yards from the machine to make successful setups. Getting too dang old to make those 8 mile walk-abouts!

That will be nice saving you the walking part. I hear the getting old thing too. With my hip and knees like they are I cringe when I have to go very far. It sure is a nice looking machine. I hope she works out well for you. :huh:

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:55 AM

I like Honda's myself. I've owned everything from my Honda generators to Honda 90's to Honda outboards to 5 Honda automobiles. I've never had a problem with any of them. It would take something really special for me to trade-in that loyalty. :huh:

#15 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:39 AM

Go for a ride on one of thr 4-wheelers with 4 wheel independant suspension and you might reconsider!

#16 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:47 AM

Go for a ride on one of thr 4-wheelers with 4 wheel independant suspension and you might reconsider!

Honda has 4 wheel independent suspension. :huh:

#17 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:57 AM

LOL ... well never mind then! The last time I was looking at buying a new Honda they didn't have it yet.

#18 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:07 PM

LOL ... well never mind then! The last time I was looking at buying a new Honda they didn't have it yet.

You better look closer next time you get on something to make sure what it is you're riding on. :huh: I rode a friends NEW Honda Rincon and it had double wishbone independent front and rear. :lol: :o NICE! :P

#19 Guest_coyoteslayer_*

Guest_coyoteslayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:34 PM

Honda has 4 wheel independent suspension. :lol:

No the Recon has front independent suspension but the rear suspension is just a swing arm with a single shock absorber plus only has 6" of ground clearance. The polaris Hawkeye has four wheel independent suspension and 8" of ground clearance. The Honda is a little cheaper but has a smaller engine I think its 229cc or close to it the Hawkeye has 299cc but about $500 more expensive. Both are great ATV's and beat the hell out of walking. Different strokes for different folks.

#20 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:18 PM

No harm, no foul. I probably could have said it was a Rincon to begin with but failed to do so. I just meant Honda has independent suspensions too. :lol:

#21 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:32 PM

I hate too be the Fly in your soup ,but I believe your not suppose too hunt of a motor vehicle. correct me if I am wrong.

#22 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:39 PM

On private property with no public access it's legal. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users