35 replies to this topic

#31 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

I'm glad all I have to do is push a switch and not even get out for my sway bar disconnect and re connect :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#32 Single Six

Single Six

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors - Shooting, hunting, wildlife, vehicles.

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:01 AM

Yeah, ditto fakawee again. Sway bars on pavement. Should haven mentioned that.

#33 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

I'm glad all I have to do is push a switch and not even get out for my sway bar disconnect and re connect :signs121fj:

Most of the guys I know that do alot of off roading get manual disconects any ways, They don't think the auto disconects are all that.

#34 Single Six

Single Six

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors - Shooting, hunting, wildlife, vehicles.

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

I'm glad all I have to do is push a switch and not even get out for my sway bar disconnect and re connect :signs121fj:

...I'm glad I don't have your car payment. :yahoo:

#35 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

Actually, they're not a bad idea especially if the weather sucks outside but I've had guys with the new JK Rubicons tell me they're ditching their electronic connecting sway bars because they've run into problems with them not wanting to connect and sometimes disconnecting when they don't want them to disconnect. Jeep forums talk about them also but if you have one on your vehicle and it's not a problem, don't fix it! I personally want to know when my sway bars are connected and when they're not. Like I mentioned earlier, it has never happened to me again.If you have the money or are saving up for a lift kit for your newer TJ or JK, put the money in a "Long Arm" kit. They do so much more for your vehicles offroading abilities and improves it's onroad drivability too. I wish I could do mine all over again because I would've chosen one of the many companies making Long Arm kits.On another note, if you install a lift kit and large tires, don't forget to upgrade your brakes and brake lines. If you don't, you'll soon find out how much more stopping distance is required to stop larger rolling tires than stock. Enough rambling-Good wheelin' guys! :signs121fj:
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#36 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

Why my jeep is worth Every Penny :yahoo: I have coil springs unlike my old 1972 4x4 PU that had leaf springs and made me install a 4 in lap belt as the bouncing was a real B%*$hGoing down Camp Rock Rd @ 45 is like a paved road in my jeep :653: As for the manual disconnects :( for the sway bar that's fine for them bet they wouldn't give up there air conditioning :crazy: or there power steering or disk brakes would they - long ago they also were considered a luxury So keeping things relevant when my Rubicon is 20 years old people will say the same things to the people that have the newer jeeps or other off road vehicle I can purchase 3 of these for the 1 you purchased Have a look at this from 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazinehttp://www.4wdandspo...icon/index.htmlIts like anything - you like yours that's fine I love mine ;) yes its smaller than all the pickup's that I had - but it has one purpose off road Rubicon comes standard with Dana 44's front and rear I love differences its like at the shooting range everyone has something different and some are stock and some are full race and everything in between and you take his idea and another and another and you have it the one you love I look forward to making changes to mine as money makes it possible most a front bumper that can hold a track jack and a winch and storage for my chains I found a rear bumper that they said could hold drinking water that made me laugh :signs121fj: The best part I get to enjoy it now and with the wife and 2 kids as it is - did your wife tell you Bye It!? Mine did :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users