• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

I stopped at a yard sale and picked up a 3MP Tasco game camera. the woman said her husband had tried it once and it had been sitting around ever since. It looks like a very basic camera it takes flash pics not IR. It has its book and a strap to hold it on a tree. It had a $90 price tag on it but she settled for $20. it needs batterys and an SD memory card, I think I have a couple of extra cards around the house, but Ill have to get some batterys monday to try it out. anyone else try one of these out? DR

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

I have one and still use it.It only takes 1 picture every 30 sec's but it does work.
Thats a good deal i paid like 50.00 for mine at walmart.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Not bad pics! I see you are using yours over bait, Is that to bring the subjects in close enough to get it to trigger? or to get better pics? I have two areas I want to try it in, One is a game trail just off my front lawn. from the end of my fence to the start of the rocks is aprox 30 feet. This brings any animals passing through into this brief 30' gap. I know alot of deer use it as I spend alot of time chasing the deer out of my wifes flowers! later in the year Ill see coyotes using it too right at sunset. It will be intresting to see what uses that trail when we arent watching! DR

#4 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

Good find DR.
I got my wife started on yard sales soon after we met,Now she can't wait for Saturday, so we can go yard saling.Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

Trail cameras are fun. Just be careful where you put it so that it doesn't grow legs and walk away. ;)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

Trail cameras are fun. Just be careful where you put it so that it doesn't grow legs and walk away. ;)

I think its biggest danger of walking off is my wife wants it! For those that have them I have a question. How many pics do you get with nothing in then VS those with an animal or bird? Ive had mine out for three days , its taken 30 pics but cought no animals. today I aimed it more down the trail so that Id catch them comming and not so much a side view. DR

#7 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

Wind blowing branches and weeds can trigger them to a take a picture when there is no animal to take a picture of.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#8 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

I finally caught some deer passing through! I had to move the camera. I could see every day the deer were passing through our yard but I wasn't catching them. So I moved to another trail and this is the best of what I got!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users