• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

Has anyone had the problem of their recticle getting out of alignment. Having to send mine in for repair, I've only shot about a 100 rounds of 223 using this thing, makes me wonder about the qaulity

#2 STPilot

STPilot

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Jet Ski's, Photography... Oh and Shootin' Stuff!!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

I had a slight problem with one of mine, turns out it was near the elevation limit (on an air rifle) and the vertical erector adjustment slipped while shooting. I contacted Hawke, spoke to a real good tech rep. He explained the problem and talked me through "fixing it" right on the phone. (which was nothing more than cranking the elevation all the way down to the stop and then optically re-centering the scope. No problems since. I'm curious, what did Hawke say the problem might be when you contacted them? Let me know how this turns out... I just put a Sidewinder 30 Tactical on my .223. So far I've shot about 300 rds with no issues. Thanks, good luck.
Tim

VMAX... The only bullet Squirrels ask for by name!

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

I own 4 Hawke scopes and 3 Sidewinders with no issues.

I'm an airgunholic

#4 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

I first thought I was holding my rifle to my shoulder at an angle so I broke out the old level and saw that the crosshairs were slanted to the left when the scope was level across the top. The problem seem to increase when I clamped the rings and I thought I may be using too much pressure but even with the smallest amount of tension it seem to increase the canting of the crosshairs. Sent a e-mail and they replied with a address for return.

#5 STPilot

STPilot

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Jet Ski's, Photography... Oh and Shootin' Stuff!!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Well, sorry to hear that... Let us know what they say was wrong with it.
Tim

VMAX... The only bullet Squirrels ask for by name!

#6 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

The problem seem to increase when I clamped the rings and I thought I may be using too much pressure but even with the smallest amount of tension it seem to increase the canting of the crosshairs. Sent a e-mail and they replied with a address for return.

Are you positive you are not accidentally using a 1" ring on a 30mm tube. That would put A LOT of undue stress on the tube since 1" is only about 25mm. Just a thought.

#7 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

Bisley, I was switching scopes around on two rifles, i was going to put the Hawke on my 300 Win. Mag. but realized when I placed the scope on the rings of the Win. that it wouldn't work, the scope didn't even start to fit into the rings, palm to the forehead, dumb a"" these are 1 inch rings. So, no it wasn't that.

#8 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Bummer, that sure would have been an easy fix. Just thought i would throw it out there just in case it was overlooked. Good luck, hope it gets taken care of, and quickly for ya.

#9 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:34 AM

Well the scope was replaced, should be here any day, thinking of puting it on my 300 win mag and putting the VXII 3 to 9 on the 25 WSSM but need to order new mount for the AR and rings for the Win.

#10 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

Well as it turns out I just moved my first (about 18 months old) Hawle Sidewinder Tactical 6.5-20 to a new airgun and it sighted in perfectly. I am, however, noticing dirt spots and bubbles that appear to be on the etched glass reticle and I have no idea what is causing them. I will call Hawke in the morning. Anyone else seen something like that? I own 4 Sidewinder Tacticals and a Panorama and the rest are fine.

btw - the airgun is a S510 which has no recoil.

I'm an airgunholic

#11 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

Have a sidewinder 30 on my 7mag for about a year now, no problems with it so far, and it normally lives in my pickup so it doesn't exactly have the easiest life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users