#1 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking,Backpacking,Air Gun Shooting,Woodworking<br />

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

Here's a short video review I did on the Cheif AJ HFX Slingshot. This baby shoot arrows. You can hunt and bow fish with it. I'm not selling anything just wanted to pass on the information. Long time lurker on the forum and I post in the Airgun section of the forum.

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

Neat toy ,had a wrist rocket that did that when I was a kid. I do not think thats leagal to take game in nazifornia with one. But still fun to have one.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

OK have to add this ( still think its cool) Its not a bow never will be a bow will never have the power or control of a hunting bow . And if some one took big game with one they need to be slapped. Wingman I still like it as what it is. Cool gadget but its still a sling shot and a good sling shot. But not a bow.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

Thanks, Wingman. Very interesting. You had me going there for a minute, thinking you were about to hunt in the shadow of Yosemite Valley's Sentinel Rock! I realized you were using 'green screen' when your arrow turned invisible! :two-cents: Here's another vid of a guy in Hawaii taking a pig with his AJ sling bow. It doesn't look like he modified the pouch to nock the arrow.I first heard of these sling bows on a Pathfinder video (Dave Canterbury, "Dual Survivor" Discovery Channel TV and http://www.wildernes...rsarchery.com/) He talks of a planned ram hunt but never put up a follow-up video. Wonder why? DFG regs describe archery equipment as requiring an arrow nocked on a string. I haven't researched other questions of legality.No question, Thumper, that this cannot compare to a hunting bow. I think the concept is compact survival gear. In fact, Dave has another video showing how to make a sling bow from a climbing carabiner. Ingenius. I have a whisker biscuit and black sling bands but I can't find my old slingshot to put it all together and try it.
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#5 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
    Other interests:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:29 PM

Thumper and other archers, check this Chief AJ video where he compares his slingbows to a traditional hunting bow.Traditional bow = 45 lb draw. Fired 137 fps through a chronograph.First sling bow = 55 lb draw. 161 fps.Second sling bow = 48 lb draw. 133 fps.I guess he made the video to convince various state Fish & Game Commissioners to allow sling bows. Too bad he felt the need to wear the funny headgear while doing this. Hard to take him seriously. :two-cents:

#6 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:47 PM

It looks to me like it will cast an arrow 130 yrds and actually seems to me like a cool little toy.

#7 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

Ok I will take back the part about taking big game with it . But a bow is like a lady pretty and have curves :two-cents: . They are pretty neat things . Would be a great thing to have lost in the woods or backpacking.

#8 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
    Other interests:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

If you're talking about having a pretty, curvy lady with you while lost in the woods, I'm 100% in agreement. :two-cents:

#9 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:55 AM

:o :o

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:57 AM

:o :doh[1]: :o

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#11 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

They are really gaining popularity with the Bowfishing crowd
Hic Ego Statio

#12 45Colt

45Colt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

If you're talking about having a pretty, curvy lady with you while lost in the woods, I'm 100% in agreement. :o

How would you......?Never mind. :o
The old calibers and guns got the job doneKeep reloading-We may need it

#13 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

Too bad he felt the need to wear the funny headgear while doing this. Hard to take him seriously. :o

I fail to see why you can't take a guy serious that is wearing a hat that looks like he made from a bear hide as it was crapping out a jackelope................You obviously don't appreciate a finely made head piece like I do. :o Posted Image

#14 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

Yea, but looking at that bottle in the left hand it's obvious why that hat is being considered a finely made head piece. :o :o
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#15 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

Hey Braz, are you really going to force me to admit that that wasn't the first time Mr. Daniels allowed me to wake up with something on me that was way ugly that morning but looked so much better the night before? :roflmao3[1]:

#16 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

Been there, done that. Years ago though. Haven't had a drink since June 1995.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users