14 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

Anyone put Campclad on their vehicle? Let's see the pics! Is there someone in So. Cal. that applies these affordably? What pattern would you select for typical So. Cal hunting? MO Brush? Digi Military? Other?

Attached Files

#2 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:35 PM

I can't get to there patterns, but I like the ShadowGrass pattern. It's more for deserty areas.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#3 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

Id love to put camoclad on the lower half and hood of my Ford. I also would like hear from others on experience on this
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,346 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

That would help to cover the paint that peeled from my wonderful FORD paint job.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

Haha! SJ, you referring to an '80's/90's model? My 2003 is holding up well on the paint, but my earlier '80's paint peeled like a 5-day old sunburn!

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,346 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:49 PM

Yep a 1988 Diesel I have with only 42,000 miles on it and hardly any paint.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

Rust and primer would be some good camo colors.

#8 ForesthillHunter

ForesthillHunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Everything Outdoors, camping, fishing, hunting, riding my quad, 4 wheeling! I just love it!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:28 PM

Hey fellas. In Auburn I know a shop that can do a mossy oak break up type camo. They quoted me between 500 and 700 dollars for my Jeep Wrangler. The price varied depending on if I wanted the roof done too. Not sure if thats a decent price or not. But if any body want I can get you a # and pass it on to you. -Jeremy

#9 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:19 AM

FH, yea, PM me with the info...

#10 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:54 AM

I looked into it and the quote was more than a thousand bucks. I love the Camo Clad but my old hunt rig will still be gettin' the rattle can treatment.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#11 RoFin

RoFin

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling...Off-roading...Exploring

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:10 PM

I'm sold on Camoclad. I covered one of my hunting rigs with it. Also a rifle, a shotgun, and a bunch of other calling gear. Mine's been on a few years. Rain, snow, sun, wind, gasoline, no damage at all, the stuff is terrific. Don't have pics to show (researching to buy a digital camera right now). Here's the link http://www.camoclad.com/As far as someone to put it on affordably, it's very labor intensive to do a clean job! I liked doing it and my stuff looks great. (I know, No pics!) I'd do it for hire but it couldn't be inexpensive.A cool feature of Camoclad is say on a rifle, you can peel it back years later, tighten screws or whatever, and lay the material back down and it's as good as new. No sticky film at all. Camocald is a perfect solution, expecially for firearms. No dipping, no painting, lasts forever and you can change your mind and remove it. I've always been suprised that it's not more popular, especially with all the hunting forums.

#12 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:47 PM

I looked into it and the quote was more than a thousand bucks. I love the Camo Clad but my old hunt rig will still be gettin' the rattle can treatment.

Yeah, not cheap but it will preserve the paint from "hillbilly pinstriping" as you drive thru bushes offroad. Am hearing that www.camowraps.com provides a better material...opinions on this material?

#13 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

"hillbilly pinstriping" as you drive thru bushes offroad.

Is that what that's called?? I thought it was character for your rig. ;) My Jeep RARELY gets cleaned (maybe twice a year). It is what it is, transportation and a pretty good hunting rig. I really like the camoclad look though. But, I think if I ever came to doing that, I would probably buy a few cases of Krylon Fusion Camo. Hey ShooterJohn, when ya gonna break out your cases and paint that thing??
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#14 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:00 PM

I'm sold on Camoclad. I covered one of my hunting rigs with it. Also a rifle, a shotgun, and a bunch of other calling gear. Mine's been on a few years. Rain, snow, sun, wind, gasoline, no damage at all, the stuff is terrific. Don't have pics to show (researching to buy a digital camera right now). Here's the link http://www.camoclad.com/As far as someone to put it on affordably, it's very labor intensive to do a clean job! I liked doing it and my stuff looks great. (I know, No pics!) I'd do it for hire but it couldn't be inexpensive.A cool feature of Camoclad is say on a rifle, you can peel it back years later, tighten screws or whatever, and lay the material back down and it's as good as new. No sticky film at all. Camocald is a perfect solution, expecially for firearms. No dipping, no painting, lasts forever and you can change your mind and remove it. I've always been suprised that it's not more popular, especially with all the hunting forums.

So if you were offer your detail oriented services to precision cut/apply camoclad to this Jeep (from the cladding up including windows) what would your club member fee be? ;)

#15 Soreloser

Soreloser

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Anything Archery and of course my 22-250 vs. coyotes..

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:21 PM

Check out www.camo-da-dogg.comGive Eddie or Cheryl a call at 623-451-4378They are in the Phoenix area and I know that they will also do the installation. It might just be a good excuse to escape to AZ to call some coyotes.
Tim LewisFoxPro Prostaff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users