#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

This 1991 'transition' .20 cal rifle shoots a 14.3 gr pellet at 650 FPS on '6 ' pumps...!!! That is 11 FT/Lbs...!!Just recently tried the BSA Red Dot and that has worked out very well,...plus gives me very quick target aqusition...Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

Nice looking hammer. The Sheridans are awesome shooters, light weight, fun and can put meat on the table for cheap money. You also have the option to getting your rig tweeked by Tim at Mac1 with a steroid tune and it will push that 11 fpe to around 22 fpe :yahoo: Tim did my old 60's version Sheridan updating it into the 21st century :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Did I mention he recrowned the barrel with his tune :popcorn: I had Tim put that Williams peep on mine as well; but it turned out I like the original irons better so traded it out. Have fun with that pumper!

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

I think this one has been steroided already by TIM...I need to get it back on the chrony and check it at 8 pumps....I've been using it at 6 pumps as it suited what I wanted to do at that power level...I'll post results later...

#4 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

Crazyhorse, that is a sweet gun.My brother bought me a 20 cal Sheridan when I was 13yrs old, OMG I shot more jacks and cotton tails than I remember.Thanks for sharing you gun.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

That's a great gun Rich. I like the red dot scope on it. My 60's Sheridan still has the stock sights on it but I pump that thing ten times to get max power. I know I'd be able to hold it with that type of scope. I may have to get one. May I ask where you got the scope mount that clamps to the barrel?

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

I used these from Crosman...PA has them...http://www.pyramydai..._8_Dovetail/190Note: They are NOT made for Sheridan barrel diameters....so what I did was add two layers of masking tape (blue) so the mounts fit snug on my Sheridan barrel...Posted Image

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

Thanks Rich, I'm going to order a set and look at a red dot to go on them. Do you like the red dot you have? Like you said they would be fast to acquire a target. I could easily pump my old Sheridan with that sort of setup too. I had an old standard rifle scope from my .22 on it for a very shot time when I was a kid. But I bent the mount from gripping the scope to pump the gun.

Time waits for no one--

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

Thanks Rich, I'm going to order a set and look at a red dot to go on them. Do you like the red dot you have? Like you said they would be fast to acquire a target. I could easily pump my old Sheridan with that sort of setup too. I had an old standard rifle scope from my .22 on it for a very shot time when I was a kid. But I bent the mount from gripping the scope to pump the gun.

I bought a BSA Red Dot some time ago at Big Five...it works fine,and has the 3/8" dove tail mount which works with the Crosman intermounts...Another pic..Posted Image

#9 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

Scope vs Red Dot....(Scope is NC Star 2-7x32 Duplex) ...both from 25 yards..Posted ImageScopePosted ImageRed DotPosted Image

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

Thanks again Rich I just ordered them both online and they are supposed to be here next week. No bad for just over $40. I can't wait to get them on and it sighted in. Hopefully I'll get to use it before squirrel season closes. It is going to be fun to shoot this old gun again. I may have to rebuild it again but in the field I just love pumping it and shooting just like the old days. It will bring back many memories of taking it out when I was a youngster and hunting with it.

Time waits for no one--

#11 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

I think this one has been steroided already by TIM...I need to get it back on the chrony and check it at 8 pumps

If it's got Tim's Steroid tune you can pump it to 14 pumps to get the full power. You got the whole package there :yahoo:

#12 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

It did 740 on 8 pumps this afternoon...which is about 17 FPE.

#13 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

Keep on pumping :g-hog-poppin-up-ani:

#14 MvMaranatha

MvMaranatha

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hello, new guy here. Well i seen a feather that tickled my fancy for a jumping in/off topic.I remember playing hookie from school in the 4th grade..63ish when living in Sacto so i could use dad's .20 Blue Streak.I popped a dove off the powerlines by the house (Citrus Heights area) at 40plus yards. It was all i could do to get the 10pumps in it. Now that my dad has passed away, i'm the hand me down kid to get "Old Blue". The other day i picked upsome Intermount mod #B252 from PA that looks the same as what you have. I had an old one piece intermount on it andworks fine, with the 2x Leopold 3/8 in groups with Crosman Premiers at 35 yards and 10 pumps. She will pump 12 and thenno more vel. Vel runs 615 w/8p, 647 w/10p, and 674 w/12p all with the 14 gr CPHP. I've rebuild her once, dad didn't know to keep a pump or two in it. She's a shooter!! "Maranatha", shawn

#15 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

We Sheridan owners as kids were the envy of all of our friends. Nothing beat the accuracy and power of the Sheridan.

Time waits for no one--

#16 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

I mostly just use 6 pumps....think 8 pumps is max recomended by Crosman for the 'stock' Sheridans....more pumps may be ok for the 'Steroided' guns...??

#17 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

My Sheridan info when I got my gun said 10 pumps for maximum power but that was in the 60's.

Time waits for no one--

#18 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

I just picked up my 392 with the steriod treatment about a month ago from Tim and he said I could easily go with 10 strokes if I wanted to. One thing Tim told me about the pump sheridans was that as you pump them up, the air resevor will expand causing a slight warping of the barrel.

#19 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:39 AM

Tim had told me 14 pumps for max power. Possibly because it's the early version gun. I would seldom pump it that many times anyhow. When I bring her out of the closet I'm usually pumping 5 or 6 pumps. If chupacabra wanders in to the area I'll go with 14.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users