• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:56 PM

They are here and have been on the bite. Caught tree yesterday up to 40#.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#2 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:56 AM

Are you sure it was a tree and not Kelp.? Never hooked a tree in salt water .. Lots in fresh but not in the ocean..How did you wiegh it ? :D :signs1242cn: :cheers: :drinks: :roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]: Nice fish, we need some fish pics...
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#3 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:26 AM

Congrats! I was out last week but the big one got away. Will hit it up again tomorrow. Have any pictures?

#4 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:44 AM

They were all Mackerel unless you post pictures!!

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#5 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

Are you sure it was a tree and not Kelp.? Never hooked a tree in salt water .. Lots in fresh but not in the ocean..How did you wiegh it ? :roflmao3[1]: :signs1242cn: :cheers: :drinks: :1rock1oo: :cheers: :roflmao3[1]: Nice fish, we need some fish pics...

:1rock1oo: Now be nice...........MAYBE fish really do grow on trees?! :cheers: I do know there is such a thing as a treefish. We have caught them before.Posted Image

#6 terrace

terrace

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:hunt fish travel

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

treefish aka lipstick bass

#7 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

Tree Three you know what I meant. No pics but been catching them all week and going again tomorrow. I'll see if I can get a pic of a few. We bleed them right away and then gut and gill before icing down in a salt water slush. We are busy and pics aren't real high on the priority list. We are into making sure the meat is in prime condition. If we get a toad I'll post a pic. Lot's of 60 + # fish are being caught.

#8 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

Tree Three you know what I meant. No pics but been catching them all week and going again tomorrow. I'll see if I can get a pic of a few. We bleed them right away and then gut and gill before icing down in a salt water slush. We are busy and pics aren't real high on the priority list. We are into making sure the meat is in prime condition. If we get a toad I'll post a pic. Lot's of 60 + # fish are being caught.

Glad your doing well. We where out at the channel islands for 5 days and didn't get one. plenty of sand dabs and rockfish but no yellow tails or White Sea Bass.

#9 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:06 AM

I guess that's why they call them the ghost fish. I've been out there all day without a take down and all of a sudden they start to bite at 4:30 in the afternoon. You've got to be patient, quiet and spend the time on the water but they are worth the effort. I think it's one the best if not the #1 best eating fish in the Ocean. My wife used to say Halibut was her favorite but I've converted her. It's a lot more fun to catch than Halibut too. I'm up to 8 so far and going to try tomorrow again. Have had two big ones on but lost one on a teeth cut leader and another by too loose of drag I think that never allowed a good hook set.

#10 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

Have not had the pleasure/luck of hooking into one yet, but it must be true what I hear, they are very skiddish. I've heard of boats waiting for hours ahead of school, waiting for them to catch up, just so the sound of the boat don't scare them off. Always thought it was a tall tale, but maybe not? Anyways, best of luck. I know they get big. That has to be some fun bringing them in!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users