5 replies to this topic

#1 USNGOAT

USNGOAT

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 08:27 PM

I have recently purchased a single shot New England Firearms .17 HMR. It is the one with a bull barrel and has proven to be very accurate. I am very happy with what I got. I have been shooting Federal v-shocks at the range and have averaged about 5 missfires per box of 50. Is this something common of the rimfire? I was not expecting anything like this with seemingly good quality ammo.

#2 tomcat

tomcat

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:07 AM

hey....its a NEF thing...easy fix your not pulling back all the way on the trigger....my NEF will do it too....pull all the way back on it thin opin put a new .17 in and pull the hammer back all the way... its all in the trigger ...if you can get a trigger job on it NEF will do it for free i think all i payed is shipping...Posted Imagethis is what my NEF will do at 100YR's of a bi-pod try the horndy V-max my gun likes thim more..

#3 RayGun

RayGun

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:56 AM

Ditto. When you pull the trigger on NEF or H&R pull the thing all the way. No simple tap on the trigger. The hammer block mechanism just isn't fast enough to fully clear on those, thus light strike or no strike at all on the primer.

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:55 PM

Hay goat how much is that New England Firearms .17 HMR going for i was thinking on getting a 17 but i was wanting a cheap gun...

#5 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:49 PM

I've never had a misfire with my Contender and .17 HMR....... well there was the time I had the hammer set for center fire. It made a nasty dent in the middle of the "rim fire" case. :) Steve

#6 USNGOAT

USNGOAT

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:52 PM

Hay goat how much is that New England Firearms .17 HMR going for i was thinking on getting a 17 but i was wanting a cheap gun...

I got if for like 120 bucks a few months back. It is pretty solid though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users