• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

Well I finally got it done. I got the lower back in January and finally go the last piece in. It went together a lot easier than I thought it would and was a really fun project to put together. Basically I watched a Youtube video on how to assemble it and it went together without a hitch.And boy does it shoot. Even with the short barrell it was making really tight groups. What I really love is the recoil. This thing is a dream to shoot. I love being able to watch my groups form on the target. And even with the short barrell and cheap Walmart FMJs this rifle had really tight groups. I was easilly able to get them in a quarter size group when I didn't let the rush of shooting this bad boy get the better of me.Sorry the picture is so crappy. I only had the cell phone camera. I used an ARB stripped lower, Bushmaster lower parts kit, DPMS complete upper, and DPMS 6 position collapsable stock. The bullet button went in easy enough and functions as intended. I topped it off with a Redfield Revolution scope with Accu-Range Reticle and Burris AR-PEPR scope rings. I really, really like this scope. My brother got one a year ago and after trying it out I fell in love with this scope and the price for such a nice optic is hard to beat. Leupold is turning out a nice product under this brand name. I used the longer style 10 round mag for the picture but have one of the shorter versions also. I don't have a preference for one or the other yet.Posted Image

#2 hump

hump

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

lol ill bet the urge to just dump the clip as fas as you can was hard to control looks pretty nice i want to try and put one together someday soon just need the money to start lol .nice gun and good work

#3 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

lol ill bet the urge to just dump the clip as fas as you can was hard to control looks pretty nice i want to try and put one together someday soon just need the money to start lol .nice gun and good work

I put about 90 rounds through it and did dump the last mag as fast as I could just to see how well it did. It was a rush to throw ten rounds down range as fast as I could pull the trigger. My financial condition will not permit that from happening often!

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:03 AM

The ground squirrels at the ranch are in trouble now! Nice looking rig you have there Jason. :)

#5 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

Sweet, funny how people enjoy these little black rifles. Oh yeah all you need now is a gun rack for your ride....jkBob

#6 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:20 PM

You now officially have the incurable black rifle sickness. Welcome to the club.

#7 XR100

XR100

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Hand gun, smoke pole and rifle competition, varmint hunting, wood turning, electronics, cooking and baking, taking naps in the shade.

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

Congrats. on your build. I thought, for a long time, that the "black rifle sickness" was a unique and passing phenomenon that would go away in a short time. I was not personally impressed and, because of that initial impression, I never felt a desire to even try one. This past weekend, a shooter with whom I became acquainted with while at the range offered me the opportunity to shoot his AR. People used to ask me what I liked about motorcycle riding. I told them, "if you have to ask the question you wouldn't understand the answer". Well, OK; now I understand the AR thing. While I can't afford it today, I'll own one when I get the chance.

#8 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

Real nice. I got the DPMS everything... and love it. (except for the trigger change)

#9 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

sweet

#10 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:11 AM

Really nice looking rifle!I remember the first time I fired the M16 in basic training. I had never used a firearm in my life. On the firing line I could hear the CRACK CRACK of the other shooters. I waited in anticipation for my turn.When I fired my first round, I didn't hear the CRACK sound. I heard the buffer spring go DOING. It made me laugh. Which I paid for in spades....But I grew to love them. I'm almost done with my second build.

#11 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:10 AM

Congrats. on your build. I thought, for a long time, that the "black rifle sickness" was a unique and passing phenomenon that would go away in a short time. I was not personally impressed and, because of that initial impression, I never felt a desire to even try one. This past weekend, a shooter with whom I became acquainted with while at the range offered me the opportunity to shoot his AR. People used to ask me what I liked about motorcycle riding. I told them, "if you have to ask the question you wouldn't understand the answer". Well, OK; now I understand the AR thing. While I can't afford it today, I'll own one when I get the chance.

I didn't really understand the fascination either until my brother got one and let me shoot it. I was hooked from then on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users