• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:05 AM

The brother in law, nephews, and I decided to try our hand fishing in the ranch pond that's been stocked with bass, crappie, blue gill, and some cats. We used rooster tail lures of various colors all with excellent results. The first day I got 6 in about two hours with my brother and law getting 10 and the boys getting about 7. The next day I hit 14!!! With the others pulling in about 14 total between them. We did catch and release. My brother in law hadn't been fishing in years and now he and his boys are hooked. Here's some pictures.Posted ImageThe brother in law with a nice size bass.Posted ImagePosted ImageCaught a few small ones too!I had more pictures but they're mostly the kids. Because they're minors and not my kids I won't post their pictures. One nephew caught a nice bass about the same size as his dad. There were some really nice ones and some really small ones caught both days. One of the fishing poles was one of those Walmart kids specials with Looney Tunes characters on it which the nephews wouldn't use because it was too wimpy for them. I ended up using the kids pole the second day and caught more fish on it then they did. At the end one of my nephews asked if he could use the kids pole because he only caught two on the adult pole. What a change from two hours earlier!!!!

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,688 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:41 PM

Looks fun ;)
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#3 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:57 PM

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! ;)

#4 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:19 AM

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! :)

One of the best ever! No one wanted to go home to the real world!Ended up seeing some nice size deer that just capped everything off. One 2x3 buck which is rare for the area and then the ultimate 4x4 muy grande buck that is rarely ever seen except during the rut when the season is over. We were smiling from ear to ear after the weekend. It's tough to get focused again on the other stuff after doing that. Better than Disneyland!Jason

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:12 PM

Better than Disneyland!

I don't know about that. :) I've always wanted to hunt Mickey Mouse with a varmint rifle. Maybe shoot Tinker Belle off of the Matterhorn. :)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:30 PM

I don't know about that. :) I've always wanted to hunt Mickey Mouse with a varmint rifle. Maybe shoot Tinker Belle off of the Matterhorn. :)

Is this a picture of you scoping Mickey from the top of the Matterhorn?http://members.aol.c...21sws/snow4.jpgJason

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:42 PM

Yep Mickey, Goofy and the gang. :) :)

Time waits for no one--

#8 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:14 PM

Rodents, Feral Dogs, Chipmunks, Pirates, and Princesses. So many possibilities! At least the you know the politically correct pirates won't shoot back!! Remember when they used real guns in the shooting gallery?Jason

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:14 PM

Remember when they used real guns in the shooting gallery?

They don't anymore! :D I guess I should go back more often. :) :)

Time waits for no one--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users