8 replies to this topic

#1 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:27 AM

Just finished 5 venison and 4 duck summer and hot sausages. They are "resting" in the refrigerator and will be slow cooked tomorrow. 9 sausages and a plate of ......... well you tell me what it looks like. Plan is to smoke some of them so I have to wait for the Outdoorsman to open @ 10. Attached File  SAUSAGE_VENISON_AND_DUCK.jpg   47.16KB   25 downloads

#2 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:59 AM

Looks good and I am sure it is.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,166 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:10 AM

looks good.the small stuff sure looks like one long turd......... :roflmao3[1]:

#4 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:38 PM

ran out of casings. :)Have it in smoking.

#5 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

Nice! I was planning to take all my duck meat to a smokehouse next week... Be interesting to hear how yours turns out.
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#6 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

For a real breakfast treat try cutting up smoked duck sausage into about 1/4 in cubes and scramble with eggs. Just before eggs are done stir in grated smokey gouda cheese. Can't be beat.
Mountain coyotes have more fur.

#7 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,166 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

That does look tasty.Do you smoke it yourself and how does a person know it is smoked enough................................We use to have a old shack on the dairy with a metal drum on the floor and wood rods and hooks for hanging linguica for smoking. I was just a kid but I can still remember the smell of the smoke and i would open the door and get a good whiff of the cooking meat it was awesome.The old ways are almost gone the knew generation like myself are not doing it anymore it is kind of sad.It is a Portuguese tradition making your own linguica.

#8 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:39 AM

For a real breakfast treat try cutting up smoked duck sausage into about 1/4 in cubes and scramble with eggs. Just before eggs are done stir in grated smokey gouda cheese. Can't be beat.

the smoked gouda isa great ides.

#9 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:54 AM

That does look tasty.Do you smoke it yourself and how does a person know it is smoked enough................................We use to have a old shack on the dairy with a metal drum on the floor and wood rods and hooks for hanging linguica for smoking. I was just a kid but I can still remember the smell of the smoke and i would open the door and get a good whiff of the cooking meat it was awesome.The old ways are almost gone the knew generation like myself are not doing it anymore it is kind of sad.It is a Portuguese tradition making your own linguica.

I have an Old Smoky and use an adjustable heat plate, or the charcoal/wood double barrel or the gas bbq On this sausage I used apple chips. smoking got me thinking. I also use (I know) a liquid hickory..One of my favorites.....can of salmon, finely diced celery and chives. mix about 2 tbs mayo and a tpsp. or to taste of liquid smoke. pack it in endive and sprinkle lunpfish eggs over the top. that is some fine eating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users