• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

How is the quality of glass in these scopes? Comparable to.....? Thanks.

#2 Jeff213

Jeff213

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:41 PM

The cheaper hawke scopes have decent glass for their price. In line with low end bushnell, simmons, and way above tasco, however they do not compete with Bushnell elites, leupolds, Nikon Monarchs etc.

#3 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

I got one in 50 mill and I really like it - really bright in dark light.

#4 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:34 AM

I will place the HAWKE optics side-by-side next to any premium scope out there. The binoculars and spotting scopes are really killer too. See My recent blog on HAWKE Optics

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:36 AM

Please read this HAWKE Optics

#6 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:37 AM

Why HAWKE Optics?

#7 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:01 AM

They're decent scopes for the money. I have two Hawke Airmax 4-12x40's mounted on air rifles (R7 and RWS Panther Pro Compact). I also have a Hawke Map Pro 4-16x50 and had it mounted for awhile on my Mountain Eagle .223 Rem. Both are rated for heavy recoil. The glass is nice but not quite as sharp or as much contrast as a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40. But they're plenty bright. They've been pretty tough scopes although my Map Pro 4-16x50 at one point did suffer from progressive bubbling of the interior coatings on the objective lens. Hawke replaced it without question with a new scope. I haven't heard of similar bubbling being any sort of chronic problem with them though, and I haven't had similar problems with the Hawke Airmax scopes.Their proprietary Map 6 reticle is okay but I prefer a standard mildot or duplex. RA

#8 Moody

Moody

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:52 PM

Why HAWKE Optics?

They need to check there factsthe link says almost all scopes are made in Asia but Leupold Gold ring scope are made in Beaverton, Oregon. Last i checked that wasnt Asia.

#9 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:42 PM

They need to check there factsthe link says almost all scopes are made in Asia but Leupold Gold ring scope are made in Beaverton, Oregon. Last i checked that wasnt Asia.

News flash.....Darn near every scope lens is ground in Asia. OMG...yes...even your Leupold lenses. The only difference between lenses (Quality) is the amount of QC that the customer is prepared to pay the "grinder" for. Don't confuse the "assembly" with the manufacture of the critical components. In addition, the actual location of the factory is irrelevant. What is important is design and quality control. You can pay for a "name" or you can achieve real value by shopping carefully. I wasn't joking when I said my partner and I spent two entire days at the 2009 Shot Show and we examined every scope brand there. After carefully examining and trying them, we chose HAWKE because of the quality and value. Don't knock something unless you have done what we did. Also, I just took delivery of a 2010 Hawke Sidewinder 30 Tactical scope for testing. It is super SWEET. I will gladly go side-by-side with Leupold, Nikon and especially Bushnell. It is an excellent product. Hey, if you have a desire to plunk down $400 or $500+ over the price of this HAWKE for a big name (in the USA....HAWKE has been in business in the UK for 30-years) scope and pay for their ads and overhead go for it. I work hard for my money and when I purchase something I want quality and value. We also want to provide our customers with fine quality products for their hard earned bucks. Say what you want and spend your $$ as you care to. But don't make statements unless you have done the homework. ;)

#10 Moody

Moody

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:10 AM

Assembled in asia is exactly what your website says. Nothing screams quality and customer service than some one that will openly contradict there own web site. But yes i do agree in smart shoping but to me that is getting a good deal on a quality product (and i didnt pay $400 over what a Hawke would cost) not buying every hunk of junk someone is trying to Hawk on the internet. But my bad i didnt know how much extensive research you did, 2 whole days, wow. And you still found time to blog about it!

#11 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:14 AM

Assembled in asia is exactly what your website says. Nothing screams quality and customer service than some one that will openly contradict there own web site. But yes i do agree in smart shoping but to me that is getting a good deal on a quality product (and i didnt pay $400 over what a Hawke would cost) not buying every hunk of junk someone is trying to Hawk on the internet. But my bad i didnt know how much extensive research you did, 2 whole days, wow. And you still found time to blog about it!

Yikes! I guess now I know why you call yourself "Moody". Your feminine side is coming through loud and clear. Perhaps you could work the terms angry and sarcastic into your handle also. If you're feeling moody and confrontational, please take it out on a coyote and leave us out of your personal issues. I am more that twice your age (little else is published in your profile) and I have been a shooter and a hunter for quite a while. Between my partner and I, we have 80+ years of experience looking through rifle scopes in the military and in civilian life. Nope, we don't claim to be optics experts but through the years we have purchased, used and own just about every quality scope brand available. We attend the Shot Show every year to specifically examine products and choose items for resale based upon quality, value, performance and the level of customer service. We use the products we sell and we really are impressed with the HAWKE optics line. I would venture to say that you have never held, looked through or hunted with a HAWKE Sidewinder scope or other premium scope in their line. If you had, you would not be making blanket derogatory statements and spewing facetious phrases.I understand the concept of brand loyalty. There are Ford & Chevy guys just like there are Leupold and Nightforce guys. You're too young to remember but there was a time when youngsters like yourself laughed out loud at Toyota too. Marketing is the cornerstone of American society and we market (advertise) everything from our presidents to our soups. Don't bash or overlook a product because there aren't full page glossy, color ads in your favorite hunting magazine. Also, do not discount products that you are not familiar with based totally upon geographic origin. I hope you don't rashly judge other things and people in your life the way you have demonstrated your judgment here. Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you.

#12 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:28 AM

The cheaper hawke scopes have decent glass for their price. In line with low end bushnell, simmons, and way above tasco, however they do not compete with Bushnell elites, leupolds, Nikon Monarchs etc.

I agree with you 100% Jeff. The less expensive scopes in the HAWKE line do not compare to Bushnell Elites, Leupolds or Nikons. But, the less expensive HAWKE scopes were not designed to compete with top-of-the-line scopes. You're comparing apples to oranges. However, for a fair comparison, place a HAWKE Sidewinder or Frontier scope next to any of those other brand scopes. Compare optical quality, features, price, warranty, etc. We did. Have you? After doing so, you can honestly express your opinion based upon personal experience.

#13 Soreloser

Soreloser

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Anything Archery and of course my 22-250 vs. coyotes..

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:32 AM

Somebody just send me a scope so I can film it doing this:

#14 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:49 AM

That is pretty impressive.

#15 Moody

Moody

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:46 PM

Yikes! I guess now I know why you call yourself "Moody". Your feminine side is coming through loud and clear. Perhaps you could work the terms angry and sarcastic into your handle also. If you're feeling moody and confrontational, please take it out on a coyote and leave us out of your personal issues. I am more that twice your age (little else is published in your profile) and I have been a shooter and a hunter for quite a while. Between my partner and I, we have 80+ years of experience looking through rifle scopes in the military and in civilian life. Nope, we don't claim to be optics experts but through the years we have purchased, used and own just about every quality scope brand available. We attend the Shot Show every year to specifically examine products and choose items for resale based upon quality, value, performance and the level of customer service. We use the products we sell and we really are impressed with the HAWKE optics line. I would venture to say that you have never held, looked through or hunted with a HAWKE Sidewinder scope or other premium scope in their line. If you had, you would not be making blanket derogatory statements and spewing facetious phrases.I understand the concept of brand loyalty. There are Ford & Chevy guys just like there are Leupold and Nightforce guys. You're too young to remember but there was a time when youngsters like yourself laughed out loud at Toyota too. Marketing is the cornerstone of American society and we market (advertise) everything from our presidents to our soups. Don't bash or overlook a product because there aren't full page glossy, color ads in your favorite hunting magazine. Also, do not discount products that you are not familiar with based totally upon geographic origin. I hope you don't rashly judge other things and people in your life the way you have demonstrated your judgment here. Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you.

I just want to say look at my posts i never once bashed Hawke or said Leupold was great. At first all i said is that your internet site was misleading, and now you are attacking me, its cool though. And as far as Moody thats my name, Im sorry i couldnt think of anything witty. But you can say whatever you want about me. Im not the one with the personal agenda. I just like good optics and not afraid to put in a little overtime at work to get what i want. But your alittle older than me so you probibly get sleepy after a good 6 or 7 hours :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:. I do find it funny how defensive people get about scopes. You mention the word Leupold, Nightforce, Schmidt n bender and whatnot and everyone freaks out. “Well my scope only cost this” and “My scope is almost as clear” But best of luck with you and your partners business endeavors.

#16 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:57 PM

I just want to say look at my posts i never once bashed Hawke or said Leupold was great. At first all i said is that your internet site was misleading, and now you are attacking me, its cool though. And as far as Moody thats my name, Im sorry i couldnt think of anything witty. But you can say whatever you want about me. Im not the one with the personal agenda. I just like good optics and not afraid to put in a little overtime at work to get what i want. But your alittle older than me so you probibly get sleepy after a good 6 or 7 hours :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:. I do find it funny how defensive people get about scopes. You mention the word Leupold, Nightforce, Schmidt n bender and whatnot and everyone freaks out. “Well my scope only cost this” and “My scope is almost as clear” But best of luck with you and your partners business endeavors.

Settle down there little feller. I just took my nappie so I kin type a few more lines. Let's not let this get outta hand son. Simmer down. I am just one guy trying to make an honest living selling products I think are a good value. I really don't want to get into a slapping match with anybody. Merry Christmas to ya son.

#17 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:56 PM

I want one of them $2000 scopes.. so if I run out of Ammo I can bang the critter in the head with it! ! LOL Great scopes for sure. When I win the lotto I will oufit all my rifles with those. Impressive to say the least !

#18 HotLoadsKenny

HotLoadsKenny

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:08 AM

Well since I don't see any other "Rocket Scientists" here or optical engineers here, I feel safe posting my experience. I have several rifles I hunt coyotes with and a different brand of scope on each. I have a Remington 700 243 with a bull barrel, a Remington 700 22 250 with a bull barrel, a Kel Tec SU CA 16 in 223, and a AR 15 RR Arms upper with a 20" Bull barrel.I reload my own ammunition and ALL are tack drivers except the Kel Tec, which can really only hold about 1.5" MOA!The 22 250 has a Millette 4x 16 T! Mildot tactical scope on it, great scope, clear in daylight conditions, bright in night time conditions(I mean DARK not Dusk!), but the IR really blooms in the scope when turned on in really dark conditions. The AR 15 has a Hawke 4 x16 Sidewinder scope on it, I purchased it after the Millette and am VERY impressed. Super clear in daylight, very bright @ night and the illuminated Reticule does not bloom or over power the view in the dark. I got my first dawg with the AR and Hawke a couple of weeks ago in the dark. The Hawke can also be speced out with their Ballistic reticule which comes with software for bullet drop compensation. It really works, I have used the scope on my AR15 6.5 Grendel and shot a 3" group @ 430 yards! The 243 has a 6 x 24 Tasco which is fine for daylight shooting and passable @ night up to about 12 power. It doses not have a IR.The scope on the Kel Tec is a 4 x12 Compact 30mm Accushot scope, well what can I say for $79 bucks on EBay I can see thru it fine and @ a 100 yards I can cover all 5 shots with my HAND! Really it is some what better than that I have had some bullet /Load combinations shoot under 1" MOAThe conclusion is for excellent night time performance you need a Hawke Sidewinder scope or their new Tactical scope based on the 30mm tube design of the Sidewinder!

#19 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:19 PM

Hi Kenny, we have a few of the same rifles and have to get out together and shoot the 6.5 Grendels! I'd like to use it for nest year's PCOC's Scotchlite shoots.

#20 Rusled

Rusled

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

Scopes that are great will last a lifetime K4 weaver purchased in 1965, still in use B & L 4x bought in 1968 still in use 4x12 Redfield purchased in 1974, still in use ( my favorite scope ) Leopold 2x7 purchased in 1976 still in use Weaver T6 bought in 1976 still in use Zeiis 4x bought in 1978 still in use Weaver T16 bought in 1980 still in use, ( sold it to a friend and he still uses it ) Burris 4.5 x 14 bought in 1985 still in use Now I'll fast forward to the 2000's and my use of the internet to read review and buy my scopes.( before I used my friends experences to judge what was best for my dollar ) Tasco World Class Plus lasted 1 week, got my money back BSA 3x9 used it a month, wish I could get my money back These two purcahses changed my habits of wanting a good scope for an unbelievably cheap price. I am reading with interest about these Hawke scopes. To good to be cheap, or to cheap to be good ? Only time will tell, brightness is only part of the equation, the quality of build being the other.

#21 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

Regarding the Hawke products. I am certain that you would be impressed with the build quality. Hawke is the only brand glass we carry because we were impressed by Hawke at the Shot Show, three times running. If we didn't think it was a good product, we'd surely be offering many other brands, like most outlets do. Some stores sell them all. There a lot of marginal quality products out there and we weren't about to risk our reputation by selling a product line that did not measure up to the task. The internet can make you or break you fast. So far, we have been very satisfied with Hawke optics and so have our customers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)