11 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

I finally stuck one late today with the re-curve it only took me 3 days after work and a bunch of misses to finally connect but I will take it.I am like 10 feet off the water to.
Posted Image
You will notice the coffee can line set up got the idea from a smart guy on here... :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
had to stick it again arrow came out while in the mud.I am 4 feet from the water at this point.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,585 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Nice shootin Tex! You're going to turn in to another Robin hood if you hang around with that Thumper.

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

John that coffee can job you told me about works great so simple and it's something you make yourself.
Thumper better watch out.... :lol:

#4 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

:signs1180lq: Just don't let Thumper talk you into shooting only the sleeping ones with mange like he does on his coyotes :bleh[1]:

Just noticed, are you shooting those from shore and not from a boat? If so, that's an even better shot that I originally thought :good:

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

Yeah the bank water is real low you can walk in the middle in some places .
killed this beer can before the fish.
Posted Image

#6 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Nothing wrong with killing a beer for sure, but did you shoot it with the bow also? :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Sounds like a perfect time to be out there with the water low and all. Is it decent sand to walk on or is it that nasty, slick mud that will pull your boots off of you? I hate that stuff. It tried to suck a truck of mine down once :censored[1]:

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,585 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

Just read this yesterday on the Fish & Game Question Site.

http://californiaout...h-wild-rabbits/

Carp rights

Question: I know that Department of Fish and Game (DFG) regulations make it illegal to waste game fish and other resources. Knowing that, since carp are considered in most waters to be an invasive species, does this regulation also pertain to the take of carp? Would it be illegal or against DFG regulations to simply dispose of a carp, say at a fish cleaning station? I’ve heard debate on this one and I would like to clear it up. (Dale S.)

Answer: Yes, it would be illegal. There is a prohibition in the regulations against wasting fish, and this prohibition applies to all fish, including carp (California Code of Regulations Title 14, section 1.87). The California Fish and Game Commission regulations do not have a designation for “game fish.” ”Fish” as used in the regulations means any/all finfish and shellfish.

So everyone knows how to cook carp right? You got to Home Depot and get yourself a nice 3/4 inch thick oak board of a size to fit your carp. Soak the board in water or wine overnight. Then you just secure the carp to the board. Wrapping wire around it works well and help even the heat out for cooking. Just roast over the coals on your barbecue. Then just when the fish gets crispy on the outside you remove it from the fire, throw the carp away and eat the board. YUM!

#8 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Very interesting. Can you see DFG Officers sitting around citing each other at the end of a carp derby :doh[1]:

I never just throw away fish or a (jack)rabbits, I have been known however to use them as natural fertilizer for sage brush. I am also quite the farmer don't you know :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#9 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

I stuck 3 more this afternoon but the arrow pulled out that darn tip is not working right.It should to lock once it goes threw the carp.I am going to look for a different fishing tip.

#10 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Just stick some of this on the tip instead :smiley-outta-here:

Posted Image

#11 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.huntershelpinghuntersUSA.org
    LM:NAHC

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

Now that you know how to shoot them. We expect to see lots of photos.. One has to push the arrow through them bring it back trrough the same hole tip frist other wise you may mess up your tip and it won't lock in place to hold your carp....

#12 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

Now that you know how to shoot them. We expect to see lots of photos.. One has to push the arrow through them bring it back trrough the same hole tip frist other wise you may mess up your tip and it won't lock in place to hold your carp....

I fixed the lock i think the problem i have now is the fish is a little deep so it's make it hard to stick them.I have to wait for the right shot.I gave the fish to a Mexican guy oh boy was he happy lol.I have been leaving my gear by the river i just hid it in a tree this way when i take a break from work i can shoot a few arrows .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users