8 replies to this topic

#1 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

I was shooting my AR at the range and dialing my scope in when I noticed smoke coming out of the lower on my gun. Thats not right! So I checked the gun and I saw what looked like a spent cartridge that didn't get extracted from the rifle so I tipped the gun over and out came the brass but is was separated. I found the other side of the brass and shipped it off of Black Hills for inspection after a few emails. They then offered to send me some replacement ammo and asked me what kind of bullet. So I opted for the Varmint Grenades since I am in the Condor zone and they sent me two boxes that arrived today. I am really happy about that! :welcomeani: Thanks Black Hills!

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

Yep, my experience with Black Hills has been nothing but outstanding. Very friendly too!I shoot very little factory ammo, but when I do it is almost always Black Hills... which I have LOTS of!Good NoteFrank

#3 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:47 PM

i used to love it in my 22-250. I shot 50 grain v-max in it ,but it wont group the stuff now. also when i shoot the stuff it is really dirty!! Never used to be. big puff of smoke also when you shoot it.. So i had to give up on it..

#4 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:56 PM

+1...BH is Soot City & no bueno for this shooter. Hate the stuff.

#5 Kevin Burroughs

Kevin Burroughs

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

All I shoot is the reman .223 50gr Vmax. Never had a problem and burns real clean for me.------------kevin----------

#6 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

I always ordered the cheapest stuff BH's had to offer, reman with the V max bullet. Still shot better than any other factory ammo in my guns. I'm reloading now, but thought Blackhills stuff was a good value.
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#7 Yateswell

Yateswell

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

my gun groups best with the reman .223 52gr mhp

#8 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:48 PM

It was great for me also ,but then they changed their powder and it was like shooting black powder. Bought some more a month later and same thing , so i gave up on it. 5 shots and the patch looked like you cleaned a 50'chimney.

#9 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

my gun groups best with the reman .223 52gr mhp

I shoot the same as you with the same results!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users