• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,716 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:25 AM

Whent out and got some stripers today most were about 15"-17" but got two keepers. lots of fun on light tackle. Two jacks came by and said Hi and I said BY BY :wub: took the tails home for toys for the cat. Posted Image
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,213 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:00 AM

Nice, I love striper! :wub:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:08 AM

Love catching Stripers on light rigs...

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,213 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:02 AM

Hey guys here's a recipe I really enjoy so I'll pass it on to my friends here. I'll post it down in the recipe area too. I like it for Striper's but any white fish will do. I used to catch a ton of Striper's and was always looking for some different way to prepare it. I was given this recipe and everyone that tries it loves it. Be careful it's addicting.Striper Cocktail Sauce Recipe:Boil some striper fillets for 10-12 minutes in salt water. Cool down fillets, break up into small pieces, and chill.In a mixing bowl put 1-12 oz. jar of catsup; 1-12 oz. jar of Del Monte cocktail sauce; 1-8 oz. can of tomato sauce; 2-table spoons of horseradish; 2-table spoons of minced garlic (fresh or jar); 1-teaspoon of lemon juice; a sprinkling of Tabasco sauce; and a sprinkling of parsley (fresh or dried). Stir up well and chill. For serving, add the chilled striper to the bowl of sauce and stir. Eat with Saltines, Hi Ho, or your choice of cracker. The ingredients can be slightly adjusted to your taste.

Time waits for no one--

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,212 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:57 PM

Is stripers still 18 inches in order too keep them? what river did you catch them in i thought the run might be over by now. looks like fun thumper i need too go fishing too..

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:54 AM

Yes 18" or over. was no river. delta mendota big canal runs along I 5. by tracey.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#7 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:37 PM

Yes 18" or over. was no river. delta mendota big canal runs along I 5. by tracey.

OK Tim just tell the world were are secrit fishing places are :lol: :) :) Might as well tell them I cought a 32 lb stripe out of there near patterson under the bridge. last summer. Lots of cats in there to . the stipes are just starting to go out there. :D
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#8 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:56 PM

I see you did not catch any :D

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,213 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:11 PM

I see you did not catch any :D

That's why they call it brotherly love. :D :lol: You two crack me up. :lol:

Time waits for no one--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users