#31 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,796 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

My wife always asks that accessories question. " What else does it need?"

LOL thats a good one..Ive heard that too!
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#32 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.hhh-usa.org
    LM:NAHC
    mbr:TRCP

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:41 PM

El, I'm surprised you have not found someone to hunt with yet.. There should be a lot of hunters up your way... What zone did you hunt most of the time.
Sportyg;Founder:HHHwww.hhh-usa.orgLM:NAHCMbr:TRCP

#33 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:58 AM

I am to but I guess they already have their hunting partners set up. I mostly hunted Cottonwood over in Gilroy and Lake Sonoma.Any suggestions? I'm in San Jose.

#34 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

Elderberry....I think I remember a picture you posted of yourself using your feet to help launch a wooden 'harpoon' from a monster bow of some sort. I bet that arrow would leave a mark on something covered in skin. It's always good to see the gals having fun in the field.

#35 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

Hey Mike! Yeap that was a footbow wish I could get one to use in hunting! It was primitive day at the range in Saratoga. I do enjoy the bow and the outdoors!ElAttached File  3.jpg   32.65KB   5 downloads

#36 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:11 PM

El, I added that footbow picture for you. :)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#37 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:42 AM

Yea...That's the one. Great picture :) A primitive day is a great idea in any kind of outdoor event. What would have been the draw weight on a bow like that? I can see the strain building; Looks like something's going to pop ;)

#38 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

Ah! Thank you Shooter John!Let's see I'm going to estimate the weight, since I weighed 155 at that time, uhmm...now 160, too much turkey at Thanksgiving! :) So, I venture to say more like 185 lb to 200 lb bow? My back and arm muscles were feeling it. I have more strength in my legs so they were alright.El

#39 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:53 AM

Thanks El...That sounds like a handful or I guess I should say feet full :yahoo: As far as the bow sale goes...I read where the wife agreed with the sale...not the owner of the bow. It's a sad story where that guy has allowed himself to wind up, but I agree with Shoot-it. Regardless of the bargain and how much I wanted the bow, I would have walked away from the deal when the guy said.."No". It wasn't the wife's property to sell. The wife steps all over the guy in life and as far as I'm concerned, so did the buyer of his property and then brags about it openly. That is a sad end to the sad story.

#40 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:16 AM

:yahoo: This is Cali, the wife owns everything!
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#41 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:15 AM

Yeap Mike that is sad. But in the South it's even worse. Women are pretty controlling over their husbands there.Robert, it's 50/50 in California and I'm here to tell you I got the short end of the stick in my big "D".El

#42 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:33 AM

I think male control is an illusion. My wife never forgets and maintains a mental inventory of everything. Kind of like our cats that notice even a small change in the house. My son borrowed my new muzzleloader which was last years xmas present and when my wife saw it she reminded me of last years present that only got used one short week. It's uncanny. How can she not understand the value of a full auto BB gun (this years self purchased present)? Sure beats the few hundred dollars plus she spent at Kohls. I think her main enjoyment is the shopping part. They are just wired differently than me.

I'm an airgunholic

#43 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.hhh-usa.org
    LM:NAHC
    mbr:TRCP

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

El PM sent
Sportyg;Founder:HHHwww.hhh-usa.orgLM:NAHCMbr:TRCP

#44 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

I guess the guy deserved what he got, If he had any cahonies, he would have told her what he purchaced in the first place. Although it sounds like she was the Alpha male in that marrage. Last year I was in Big 5 with my wife, I was looking at a new 12 gauge shotgun.She asked me if I was going to buy it, and I said that I was thinking about it. So she said, "I will buy it for you" I sure love that woman. Even though she dosen't like to see animals killed. Not to mention that she bought me a hunting dog for my birthday.Tom

Attached Files

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#45 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,796 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

Tom, thats definately a cute Pup! He needs to learn to decoy Coyotes.. lol
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#46 Leonten

Leonten

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

Paul Hervey's...."The rest of the story". Did he lie to his wife (about the price he paid) YES. Did I take advantage of the situation, YES!!! He told her it cost $500.00. The bottom line is I paid $350.00 (cash) plus 12 new Carbon arrows that cost me $125.00, the total price I paid was ($350.00 + 125.00) = $475.00. So, as far as the wife knew, they were out $25.00. I posted a truncated version of what happened at the restaurant & at their house. Did I post anything untrue...NO. Did I post ABSOULTLY everything that happened, NO. Hell, that would have been a looooog post! I posted (what I thought) were the facts pertaining to the transaction. Here's what I left out...... Before I chimed in (at the restaurant), he said that he needed a new bow. She, didn't know why, but he had already bought one, to replace his old bow. She was caught off guard at the purchase, he was caught off guard by her questions. She calmed down and they discussed his old bow, they talked for another 10 minutes. He agreed he should have consulted with her about the purchase before he made it. His old bow needed some work, new bushings, cables & string. She agreed he could fix it if he sold the bow & buy some new arrows. He agreed. That's when I inquired about the bow. At the house, (a couple hours later) both of them were a very happy couple.

#47 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

You should noot apoligise,You are not the one that lied to your wife.A few years ago, a friend of mine sold a gun collection because he was getting married, and his wife didn't like guns,so I bought most of his collection very cheap. I didn't feel the least bit bad.Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#48 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,649 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

A few years ago, a friend of mine sold a gun collection because he was getting married, and his wife didn't like guns,Thats nuts . :1087: :1087: :1087: :1087:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#49 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

I've posted this before but when my brother got engaged years ago my uncle pulled him aside and told him:"Be sure you marry a woman that doesn't mind you hunting. I made the mistake and got a wife that hated guns and hunting."My brother asked, "Well what did you do."To which my uncle replied, "I got a new wife."I can attest though that it was an expensive lesson.

#50 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

A few years ago, a friend of mine sold a gun collection because he was getting married, and his wife didn't like guns,Thats nuts . :1087: :1087: :1087: :1087:

That is nuts!!! Why would anyone ever get married?! :1087: Oh, and the gun collection thing was pretty crazy too :1087:

#51 hsiehjohn

hsiehjohn

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing for Tuna, hunting wild pigs and coyotes.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

I've learned to never tell the wife about any new purchases. And if she asks about anything, the standard answer has always been "what ... this old thing". It keeps everyone happy in the long run.

#52 autocrosser78

autocrosser78

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, and everything gun related.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:22 AM

I am grateful that my wife doesn't hassle me too much about my hobby. El, hope you find yourself a hunting buddy so you can get some blood on your bow.

#53 jdogg

jdogg

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:00 AM

1. I bet that wife has a bunch of $500 purses in her closet hubby don't know about. He should go sell her Coach purse.2. To EL, I'm in san jose too, but I only rifle hunt. So if you ever get a rifle PM me and we'll go shoot something, I'm in need of some hunting partners too. And if I get a bow i'll shoot you a message.P.S. I'm single too.LOL

#54 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:56 PM

Jdogg....your funny yeah let me know when you drop the fire power and go to the big bad bow!I will never own a gun. Scared of them.Yes, I do need a hunting partner. Single huh? Hmmm...

#55 docskinner

docskinner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Learning to navigate Cali hunting laws &amp; Regs. <br />Hunting, shooting, fishing.<br />

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:08 AM

I feel sorry for that guy. His wife has completely imasculated him. I'm thankful my wife isn't like that.

I don't know - had an uncle that was like that with wildcat rifles, had to have the latest and fastest, while his kids ate government cheese, government eggs, government canned PB, government butter, and government powdered milk mixed with real milk. And my aunt doing everything she could and working her arse off to keep them all fed, and to keep her three kids dressed, shod, and with coats for the winter. Be glad you aren't in a situation where your personal gratification causes suffering to the rest of your family, and be grateful when there is a selfish partner that the spouse is willing to step up and protect the family. No way to tell what the situation was in this story. Sometimes it isn't emasculation, its maturation.

#56 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:06 AM

:smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Well said! Some boys will be boys - forever.
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#57 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:54 AM

If you have to lie to your wife YOU MARRIED THE WRONG WOMAN!!!
http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64check out my piece of the webHowa 1500, short action, 24" #6 contour heavy varmint barrel, Bell & Carlson MkII medalist, 4-16x50mm optics.

#58 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

Well I gues Im lucky my wife hunts and fishes. and under stands my need for guns and other toys. And yes she gets her stuff too. if we can aford it its OK. She was brought up with 2 brothers and her father hunted all the time. My 3 step dauters all had hunter safty class and my wife has a hand gun cert. also... My yungest dauter called up last night whanting to go shooting she has a friend that has never ben in the out doors much...I have my man cave with all my hunting and fishing and fly tying and realoading and mounts on the walls and computer. My wife and grand daughter are in there more than me...
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users