#31 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:07 AM

CARB tends to get in the way of alot of good things.

#32 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:20 AM

I feel sorry for Huntress right now how does someone reply to that :signs1242cn:. As for the 6.0 my local butcher lost his engine at 100,000 miles gave him no warning boom .He is spending 11 grand to replace the motor that sucks.

#33 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:58 AM

I feel sorry for Huntress right now how does someone reply to that :signs1242cn:. As for the 6.0 my local butcher lost his engine at 100,000 miles gave him no warning boom .He is spending 11 grand to replace the motor that sucks.

No offense to the Ford fans out there, but you can't argue with the numbers. Want to know a little secret? My mom has worked for the same Ford dealership for 20+ years and I could probably have any Ford I want for dealer cost, yet I own three GMC's. What does that tell you? There's only two things that I give Ford major credit for: 1) They've kept the leaf spring/straight axle suspension under there heavy duty pickups. It's a simple, owner-friendly, time-proven design that will outlast any IFS. 2) You can get an Excursion with a Powerstroke, but good luck finding a Suburban with a Duramax, and good luck just finding a fullsize SUV from Dodge. And now Ford is going to offer there little Exploder with a ministroke under the hood. A novel idea, unforunately it will be a Navistar product as well.

#34 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,659 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

I own two Fords an Expedition and an F250 both with 4 wheel drive. Ford has purchased me a new one of each. In other words the previous ones had some unrepairable serious problems. My F250 is an old 1988 7.3 liter and doesn't get driven. It only has 41,000 miles on it. But it's a decent truck. It's not fast but in low range low gear I've moved some mighty big items with it. Like the wifes parents 75 foot steel house boat. When I was younger and wanted to go fast I drove Chevy's. :signs1242cn:

#35 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

As soon as I can find the actual torque and data sheets that shows how Chevy, Dodge, and Ford rate their engines we'll continue this discussion.

#36 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

Wow I didn't expect it but there are some new results out and the durajap kicked azz. So I'll choke on it until I pass another one thats blown up on the side of the road. :signlol2iu:

#37 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:02 PM

Wow I didn't expect it but there are some new results out and the durajap kicked azz. So I'll choke on it until I pass another one thats blown up on the side of the road. :huh:

:boo: Until GM and Isuzu start filing multiple lawsuits against each other over extensive failures & warranty issues, you should keep choking on it. :boo: As for the "durajap" comment, here's some facts for you:1) Quoted directly from Isuzu's own website: "Today, home base for the PowerTrain Division of Isuzu Motors America Inc. is Plymouth, Michigan."2) And from Wikipedia: "The Duramax is General Motors' diesel engine family for large trucks, designed by Isuzu. It is produced by DMAX, a joint venture between GM and Isuzu in Moraine, Ohio."Still choking, are we? :huh: :signlol2iu:

#38 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,659 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:08 PM

:signlol2iu:

#39 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

Isn't it funny how people can be so insanely loyal to the companies who they buy their vehicle from?I wish GM would put a little higher stance on their 4x4's. The IFS make it a little harder and more expensive to find good lift kits, too. Ford's got it going on with after market lift kits.

#40 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:42 PM

I wish GM would put a little higher stance on their 4x4's. The IFS make it a little harder and more expensive to find good lift kits, too. Ford's got it going on with after market lift kits.

I couldn't agree more. As a GM "loyalist", I'll be the first to admit the IFS system used on their four wheel drive vehicles is their weak link. Unfortunately GM is catering to the people who buy a 3/4 or 1 ton work truck, use it to drive to work and the grocery store, and expect it to ride like a Cadillac. :signlol2iu:

#41 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:27 PM

I forgot to mention that in all of the tests the differences were tenths of a second which really doesn't mean anything in the big picture. The Dodge did real well to but it was running 4.10 rears while the Ford and Chevy were running 3.73.

#42 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:13 PM

Let me add the ford 7.3 is a good engine they should have just kept it in the line up.I know of one with 300,000 miles it needs a rebuild but it still runs . I agree with the Chevy ifs they are expensive to lift like 2 grand . My new GMC 4 door z71 Flex fuel gas truck has IFS with Coils man does it drive smooth.

#43 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:45 PM

WOW I see how it is.. I miss a few days an WHAM you all are dissing the Fords LOL... Okay Ill admit Ford does have issues, but the power of the ford is nothing compared to the others Ive driven. So until Chevy or Dodge comes out with something with the same specs as ford using the same gears, etc as ford then Ill be impressed. Until then NADA I aint giving up my Truck.. Cat was talking to ford but cant produce the number of engines ford wants so now they are talking to Toyota? I think it was... Sides Ford is stuck with their current contract until 2012.. Anyone here chip the Ford 6.0 yet? Can we say.. LAUNCH and FLY? LOL.. Though I hear the Cummings can be maxed higher. Soon as mine is out of warranty you all KNOW whats going in my truck :P Studs first then a nice little program :lol: Hee Hee Oh and better exhaust. Mine is after market but it sounds like a weeney. I want to sound more like a harley LOL...

#44 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:01 PM

Don't push the 6.0 it will blow up on you than it will fly................. :roflmao3[1]: drop in the old 7.3 and turn up the injector pump .

#45 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:39 PM

My buisness partner is a powerstroke nut and will tell you that the 7.3 can be built to make 800 ponies but there isn't a drivetrain out there that will handle the torque that comes with'em.

#46 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,659 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:08 AM

I have a friend that works at a diesel repair shop that specializes in International. He did some work on my 7.3 and when he took me out for a test drive after he "tuned it" I was shocked at the difference. :signs1242cn: FORD must detune them or something. :P

#47 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:15 AM

I think every car is detuned.... throw on a few $$$ and you have great performance, better mpg, and better emissions...But then the cops think your a street racer....

#48 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,659 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

My buddy put a Banks turbo setup and exhaust on my uncles Ford 7.3. There wasn't much tread left on the rear tires when I got it back to my uncle. :signs1242cn: Plus there were a lot of other very surprised truck owners along the way. But that was back in 1988 and now what with the chips and such I'm sure it's easier to make power. But my uncles with all of the tricks my buddy did kicked some serious butt. :P

#49 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

Now if only Toyota would drop the little Caterpillar engine into it's Tundra...

They are very popular in Africa. My PH had one and I loved it. It was called the Toyota "Raider" I think it had a little 3.0 in it. He paid 20K for it brand spankin' new. I did some checking around and from what I understand, There is not enough interest in the US to import them. They may want to do some DD on that study because I think they would sell like hotcakes!Back to the testosterone..I just picked up a 2000 F-250 w/ a 7.3 and love it. It has an "Edge" Chip and more power than I need. Does anyone know why Ford discontinued that motor? I have read many great things about the 7.3 and Ford had a great thing going. I will agree that the 6.0 is a different story.

#50 jephs422

jephs422

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:56 AM

20mpg, 620 horse (flywheel) 550ftlbs torque, and a corvette eating s.o.b. Yes, it was called the fastest soccer mom truck in the county, LOL. Eat up Z06 vettes all day.Posted ImagePosted Image(CARB legal).....sorta

#51 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:08 AM

Hey, that's false advertising !!

#52 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:11 AM

Jason,Dad was a service manager at a big International dealership at the time they converted to the 6.0... as I recall it was in part due to an effort to conform to new emissions standards.

#53 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:12 AM

Fast Grocery Getter.

#54 jephs422

jephs422

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:21 AM

Unfortunately I pulled the blower off last year so I could buy a boat. Next year it goes to AZ for a twin Turbo that should push me to just over 700hp. It's still has cam, heads, 90mm throttle body, injectors, and a custom tune though.

#55 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

Here's my new rig...for hunting golf balls...my other rigs are two Grizzleys & F-150..

Attached Files

#56 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:45 PM

I already have the AFE stage 2 and 4" magnaflow it was on the truck when I bought it. I am debating on the Edge Juice w/Attitude or the Banks 6 Gun I think they are both offering the same HP and torque gains but there is a big difference in price.

#57 204destroyer

204destroyer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:54 PM

Hate to get in this one ----you can never win!! I have owned a new Chevy, Ford and a Dodge in the last 5 years, all diesels all stock, and I cant see any way you can beat the dodge. Power is way more than you really need, mileage is unreal, 22 to 24 miles per gallon driving 60 and 65. When we go to Colorado every year I stop and get drinks while everyone else fills up with gas, I love it. I can ruin a set of new tires on the rear real quick, burns rubber easy. Pulls my toyhauler like its not there. Been a Chevy man all my life but no more. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

#58 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:20 PM

Hey what part of Colorado you hunt? We hunt From Rangley To Meeker. Ill wave when we pass you :smiley-funny-post-sign: We will be the Grey Crewcab with the 36 ft fifth wheel toy hauler...... Oh wait, maybe I should post the back end LOL... Attached File  042.JPG   61.67KB   139 downloads

#59 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:55 AM

I know where Meeker is. I worked up above Rifle in the national forest right out of high school.

#60 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:07 AM

I have rented and landed planes at Rifle and Rangely. Hunt up near Dinosaur almost every year for Elk! Love hunting Elk and deer up there. See you out there next year as this year I am hunting local only.Darren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users