• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:53 AM

OK, so Ive been looking into buying a S&W 500.. But I havent made my mind up on just what barrel length I want.. I would like to to be able to hunt with it, but I also it as a side arm when Im out hunting... So I dont want it to long where I cant get it out quick enough... SO I think this one will fit my bill...It has 6.5 inch barrel, and a rail for scopes...

Attached Files

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#2 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:13 PM

Sweet! :censored[1]:

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

Nice! What's the price tag on something like that??

#4 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:09 PM

on the web site im looking on... $1,199.... :censored[1]:

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#5 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:00 PM

Ok, now I cant decide, I found it in black.... :censored[1]: But its 1 inch longer...

Attached Files

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

I like the black.What's the ballastic difference between that and a 460?

#7 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

Give me a sec, Ill find out...

#8 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:22 PM

The 460 can shoot bullets from 300 gr to 395 gr... with 17fo fps/ 2041 ftlbs with 300 to 1100fps/941ftlbs with 395the 500 can shoot 350gr to 500 grwith 1600fps/1990 ftlbs with 350 to 1500 fps / 2499 ftlbs with the 500grI like the power of the 500 with a 385 gr load, it has 1700 fps with 2544 ftlbs...

#9 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:29 PM

Color doesn't matter. You're gonna camo it anyway, right? :roflmao3[1]: :censored[1]: Nice looking pistolas. But, I'll pass. Good luck with whatever you decide, just don't forget the camo. :D

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#10 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

I like the black. Hey Bobby you planning on huntin griz or maybe rhino :censored[1]:
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#11 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:47 PM

I like the black one too. Have you shot one of those monsters yet? Too much muzzle blast for me. Haveing the worlds most powerfull revolver is cool but only if you can shoot it well. Have you cosidered a .41 mag, .44 mag, or 45 colt for your fist field revolver? The old colt (with modern heavy bullet loads) is my new favorite back-up gun cartridge. It has a little more power and waaaaayyyyy less blast than my .44 magnum.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#12 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:12 PM

Ive shot a 454 casual...with a hot load.. wasent too bad....

#13 huntnsurf

huntnsurf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, surfing,fishing,sports,target shooting,reloading,camping

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:40 PM

Ok, now I cant decide, I found it in black.... :signs1242cn: But its 1 inch longer...

If you ask my wife an inch matters :oops:

#14 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:39 AM

Not in love.. But I still wouldn't kick her out of bed for eatting crackers!

#15 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:32 AM

Ok, now I cant decide, I found it in black.... :signs1242cn: But its 1 inch longer...

Like the Black one better.

#16 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:47 AM

Thanks for your help guys... I think Im going to go for the black one.. Now if I can just find a store that is selling it....

#17 HammieDidIt

HammieDidIt

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Lots of Stuff... I’ll give anything a go once...... Twice if it was good the first time. haha ok seriously, well I love shooting of course, going for drives and camping, an awesome BBQ with mates and good drink is always good too.

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

Very nice pistol :signs1242cn:, not even sure if its legal where I am but wont surprise me if it isn't. We aren't allowed to hunt with pistols, not even to carry one to dispatch animals or for safety. In fact we are not even allowed to carry one outside of the range unless you are law enforcement or security. It's basically all the politics of ethical hunting, shot placement apparently harder with pistols and the gun lobbies trying to ban all guns from civilians.I am soooo envy

#18 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:34 PM

Now if I can just find a store that is selling it....

Of the last... maybe 10 guns I've purchased... the local stores only had two of the ten in stock. All the rest had to be special ordered. I guess the local shops don't carry anything I'm interested in. (I'm interested in accurate rifles).

#19 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:45 AM

Very nice pistol :signs1242cn:, not even sure if its legal where I am but wont surprise me if it isn't. We aren't allowed to hunt with pistols, not even to carry one to dispatch animals or for safety. In fact we are not even allowed to carry one outside of the range unless you are law enforcement or security. It's basically all the politics of ethical hunting, shot placement apparently harder with pistols and the gun lobbies trying to ban all guns from civilians.I am soooo envy

Gun ownership and other legislation regulating all aspects of hunting and firearm ownership/usage is a continuous battle here at all levels of government in the U.S.. But, we are still able to hunt with handguns in most of the states. For the handgunners view, try these web sites.Handgun Hunter MagazineSpecialty PistolsIHMSAI still drag handguns along on most of my hunts and score some nice shots. I favor the Thompson Center Contender, S&W revolvers and the Remington XP-100 (out of production). Well, anyway I like my handguns. Oh, my calibers run from the 17 Mach II rimfire to the 308 Winchester. Variety is the spice of life. :oops:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#20 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,784 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:33 AM

Variety is the spice of life. :signs1180lq:

Now that is what I tried to tell my wife, but she just didn't go along with it for a minute. :signgreatreport3kg:
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#21 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:10 PM

My wife says I can look at the menu but I can't order anything.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users