Cranky Farmer

scavengers

18 posts in this topic

Are those Missouri Condors? :roflmao3[1]:I have those circling my neighborhood continually. I think they believe I have something dead hidden down here. It's really my stinky fly trap and skunk over spray. Or maybe those bodies buried out back? :cheers:

Hey, where's the picture? Maybe I can't view them here at work!

Are those Missouri Condors? :good:
Exactly right! But these aren't nearly as stupid.
I have those circling my neighborhood continually.
Even the buzzards know about your reputation with a rifle!

I had a few buzzards land at an elderly neighbors house awhile back. So I rushed over fearing the worst. He'd been real sick and I hadn't seen him since he got home from the nursing home. I can't get a response at the front door so go home and scale the chain link fence into his yard. Big chore for me I hate those pointy tops on chain link. I cautiously enter the second fenced yard expecting to see buzzards tearing him apart. When he taps me on the shoulder with his cane scaring the holy heck out of me and me scaring the buzzards. He had been in the barn and saw them circle and land. He points at the meal they just left and said, "one of yours?" It was a skunk I had tried a different approach at killing, then it fled. Yep, I recognized it right off it had that familiar stink! :good: I don't know who was more scared. Those buzzards or me! :yikes[1]:

LMAO you didnt tell him you thought they were on him did you?? ROFL... Although its great you keep an eye out for him.. That would be horrible to find someone like that.. Ick.. Up here we have a roosting area a few miles off.. Every morning you can watch 100's setting in the trees wings spread as they warm up then they start the huge hurricane like circle.. and eventually split off to their individual hunting areas.. Then at night they will start coming back in.. Its kinda cool really..

Are those Missouri Condors? :roflmao3[1]:I have those circling my neighborhood continually. I think they believe I have something dead hidden down here. It's really my stinky fly trap and skunk over spray. Or maybe those bodies buried out back? :yikes[1]:
There just waiting for you John. :good: Woo

They know to stay circling as I'm always armed. You never know when a rabid squirrel, skunk or raccoon might attack. :good:

Nice pictures. Maybe them buzzards are telling you something Shooter ,one too many skunks :signlol2iu:

Wow! Those sure are some clear pics. Waaay better than the ones I get from my Moultrie 4.0.

Chris, the camera is a Cuddeback No Flash. They are normally $400 + but I found them for half price or I wouldn't own one.They make one now that is the same model but doesn't take video. It's quite a bit cheaper. I really like the Cuddeback but that sticking logo on every picture I can't get rid of irritates me.

Hey John, when was the last time you showered? :harhar1[1]::roflmao3[1]: db